Okay as Grand Pooba Official Overseer Plus Executive Member (Grand POOPEM for short),  I would like to motion the higher ups to introduce more smilies into the forum. 

Although we have a fine selection,  it doesn't hurt to have a few more.  Possible candidates:

innocent1.gif smartass.gifw00t2.gifwhistling.gifdribble.gifpain.gif

popcorn.gifblink.gifcheers.gifsleep1.gifyawn.gif5b6f3ab4c1.gif5bee3db43e.gif

thumbup.gifclap3.gifroll2.gifidhitit.gifoops.gif

There's a bunch more over at http://www.wenpigsfly.org

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Okay as Grand Pooba Official Overseer Plus Executive Member (Grand POOPEM for short),  I would like to motion the higher ups to introduce more smilies into the forum. 

Although we have a fine selection,  if doesn't hurt to have a few more.  Possible candidates:

popcorn.gif

There's a bunch more over at http://www.wenpigsfly.org

UPDATE: Apparently, what I wrote below is irrelevant and/or outdated.  The "plugin" emoticon "packs" that I read about are probably no longer used and there's now a built-in function to add emoticons (thanks to @Hunka Hunka Burning Love for the link on how to do it).

I have researched into emoticon packs for this forum software (which are not supported by the forum software makers).  They are made by third party as a plugin.  The problem with these is that every time the forum software gets updated (every few weeks) to a new version they tend to break the previous third party emoticons.  Not only that, those plugins often mess up with the upgrade procedure themselves.  Therefore, for the sake of stability, we will have to keep using the default ones.  Sorry Elvis.

Aw man cry2.gif crying.gif

When you press the smilies tab,  there  is a category drop down selector.   Is it not possible to add a separate smiley pack with the add on gifs to choose from?  

I don't know Invision forum software,  but with phpbb forums it's pretty easy to add.   I used to have this really funny custom made Muno and Gary Coleman smilie on my own forum years ago. . . 

Just now, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Aw man cry2.gif crying.gif

When you press the smilies tab,  there  is a category drop down selector.   Is it not possible to add a separate smiley pack with the add on gifs to choose from?  

I don't know Invision forum software,  but with phpbb forums it's pretty easy to add.   I used to have this really funny custom made Muno and Gary Coleman smilie on my own forum years ago. . . 

I'll look more into it.  Meanwhile you can post the alternate ones like you are doing now?
pain.gif pain.gif pain.gif pain.gif pain.gif pain.gif pain.gif pain.gif

Thanks!   It's a bit of a pain to cross link smilies from other sites as they usually are thrown altogether and across various pages. . .  Those  I put up are some of the classic ones. . . 

EDIT:  Found an instruction link 

https://invisionpower.com/4guides/editor-and-emoticons/managing-emoticons-r136/

6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Okay apparently, what I wrote earlier is completely irrelevant and/or outdated.  The "plugin" emoticon "packs" system that I read about are probably no longer used.

The instructions in your link totally works.  I just tested. :w00t2:  Okay now the question is which new ones do I add?  Maybe you can make a list of candidates which you think are best and then we make a poll to choose like a dozen or something.

EDIT: Were the emoticons you posted in your original post already your preferred candidates?

6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Although we have a fine selection,  it doesn't hurt to have a few more.  Possible candidates:

popcorn.gifblink.gifcheers.gifsleep1.gifyawn.gif5b6f3ab4c1.gif5bee3db43e.gif

It takes a high calibre jet set Plus MemberTM expert iconographer to focus on the essential - no - vital needs of this forum! Thank you :clap3:!

Saweet!!!! :w00t2:

Can you add all of them?  Pretty please?  The halo, grad hat, toilet, quivering lip do come in useful in addition to the two sign ones!  :cheers:

Oh don't forget the animated stunned looked one that blinks!  It's next to the popcorn one in the first post!  :popcorn:

3 hours ago, John Eucist said:

Alright I decided to save everyone some time and just dump a bunch of them into the system.  Everyone has access to these now:

Lol...you are awesome! Have you given any more thought on exterminating that pesky bug @HEC on my screen? :clap3::roflmao::clap3:

8 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Can you add all of them?  Pretty please?  The halo, grad hat, toilet, quivering lip do come in useful in addition to the two sign ones!  :cheers:

Oh don't forget the animated stunned looked one that blinks!  It's next to the popcorn one in the first post!  :popcorn:

Added :innocent1:, :smartass:, and :blink:.  Not sure which one is "quivering lip".

Toilet and the two signed ones take too much space vertically so it would cause too big of a gap in between lines with single-spaced text.  In addition to that, while toilet is funny as hell, under what situation would you use it regularly in your posts?  The signed ones has text so it's kind of not an "emoticon".

9 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

Added halo, grad hat, and the animated stun.  Not sure which one is "quivering lip

Oh great  @Hunka Hunka Burning Love now has  3 more faces to add to his monologue:thumbup:

12 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

Toilet and the two signed ones take too much space vertically so it would cause

No toilet? Gonna get messy around here!

16 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

This guy -> cry2.gif 

30 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

Added halo, grad hat, and the animated stun.  Not sure which one is "quivering lip".

Toilet and the two signed ones take too much space vertically so it would cause too big of a gap in between lines with single-spaced text.  In addition to that, while toilet is funny as hell, under what situation would you use it regularly in your posts?  The signed ones has text so it's kind of not an "emoticon".

Aw maybe if we use the signed ones sparingly?  :innocent1:  Trust me.... The toilet one gets used more often than you think it would.  ;)  Put it on, and I'm sure I can give you a good example.   That reminds me I need to go drink my Metamucil!  6983f83af6.gif

28 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Aw maybe if we use the signed ones sparingly?  :innocent1:  Trust me.... The toilet one gets used more often than you think it would.  ;)  Put it on, and I'm sure I can give you a good example.   That reminds me I need to go drink my Metamucil!  6983f83af6.gif

Added the :cry2: and :pooping:.  Not gonna add signs.  You can just link the gifs yourself for those when you really need it.  :w00t2:

Yeah maybe I'll add signs later on but then I'd have to add a lot more than those two.  Maybe add a "signs" category and somehow make sure it goes at the bottom during the selection scroll down.  But emoticons were supposed to be language-independent.  We'll see.

7 hours ago, John Eucist said:

Yeah maybe I'll add signs later on but then I'd have to add a lot more than those two.  Maybe add a "signs" category and somehow make sure it goes at the bottom during the selection scroll down.  But emoticons were supposed to be language-independent.  We'll see.

John,

All of this is much appreciated and really adds to the fun we have around here, as ridiculous as that sounds. Thanks for having this place for us and all you do to keep it going.

I am truly anxious to see what happens around here in the winter when a lot of the folks who frequent this forum cannot ride or certainly cannot ride as much as they do in the summer. I know we have our folks from the southern hemisphere here as well but I hope that our northern friends will be active members here when there weather does not cooperate for outside fun.

Archived