Video - Amazing Image Stabilization on Bike (applicable to euc)

John Eucist

That's pretty darn steady if it's just centre of body mounted like on a chest harness.  I don't know how he gets the forward angle if he is leaning forwards on the bike.  It almost looks like there is some sort of pivot arm steady cam gimbal that the camera is mounted on.  I don't think a GoPro by itself can keep that steady?

https://www.videomaker.com/videonews/2013/07/stabilgo-motorized-gopro-stabilizer

that is far more stabilization than "rider-mounted" would allow.... some kind of AMAZING GIMBLE device... they are becoming so advanced lately for the lay person to own

love that video

glad you posted it

of course, the RIDER-MOUNTED view has always fascinated me

5 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

That's pretty darn steady if it's just centre of body mounted like on a chest harness.  I don't know how he gets the forward angle if he is leaning forwards on the bike.  It almost looks like there is some sort of pivot arm steady cam gimbel that the camera is mounted on.  I don't think a GoPro by itself can keep that steady?

DJI OSMO... it's BROADCAST QUALITY STUFF

http://www.dji.com/osmo

2 hours ago, Greg Spalding said:

Finally pirates can record high quality  movies at the theater to post online without a bunch of movement! Wonder if DJI can write a program to remove the people's heads that disrespectfully pop up while watching my stolen movie! ?

IMG_3795.JPG

41 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Finally pirates can record high quality  movies at the theater to post online without a bunch of movement! Wonder if DJI can write a program to remove the people's heads that disrespectfully pop up while watching my stolen movie! ?

IMG_3795.JPG

you are funny as hell

AWESOME post, sir.... well done

Awesome video, it shows how much fun a mountain bike can be if you can just find a good long not too steep but steep enough to use the brakes a little downhill trail.  Imagine the work it would be to ride up that trail, no fun at all.  But put an electric motor on it to go back up and that would be a trail to ride down more than once.

The stabilisation is incredible, the bike is bouncing all over the place but the video is sharp.  I think @The Fat Unicyclist is right in that the rider's chest is not moving near as much as the bicycle, the arms and legs are moving to absorb the movement too.

4 minutes ago, steve454 said:

@EUC Extreme should be one of the + members.

"+" was never intended to be a "status symbol" but out of necessity.  Those who are very active and posts a lot need slightly higher quotas for certain functions such as rep giving, etc.  Didn't want everyone to have same quotas in case it gets abused.

@EUC Extreme should be one of the + members.

You could give him some kind of recognition for the work he has done providing videos showing what can be done with a one wheel off road machine:mellow:  He is an inspiration to all who seek to make things better.  Maybe a plaque or some kind of award, not money, he does this because he can.

Sorry, I need to sleep now.

I hope bats do not hit me in my sleep:(

3 hours ago, John Eucist said:

"+" was never intended to be a "status symbol" but out of necessity. 

:huh: Wha.. what is this talk?  Oh riiiight.... yeah, yes yes it's not at all about status or being superior or saying that some members are just plain better than the rest of you.  Of course not!  We're all equal participants here enjoying a common interest and partaking of the same revelries together!

<I got your back John> ;)  Just because a rare few of us have been blessed with this "+" symbol status and all the oodles of amazing benefits that go along with it including the very exclusive Plus Members only club area, that doesn't mean that the rest of you are lowly peasants groveling at our feet for scraps.

In all actuality, @EUC Extreme is in a league of his own, and I doubt he would find any real benefit from Plus membership.  I don't think he probably runs out of reps on a daily basis.  I hate to say it, Steve454, but there is no Russian model massage area.  Sorry.  Hate to break your bubble, but :( sadly enough it's not all nude models and rainbow unicorns on this side of the fence.  We just have each other, but I think that's good enough for me.  Here, let me help you sleep a little better and forget this idea of yours <grabs bat>...

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I use this handy steady stick to get pesky people's heads out of the way while I'm recording in the theatre... Negen taught me that trick.... :o

545b7aca70.jpeg

I'm still LOL.  Good one.

oh, and did anybody else wince at all those trees just waiting to cave in the face of our seeming highly skilled mountain bike rider, the moment he put a peddle wrong?

12 hours ago, John Eucist said:
12 hours ago, steve454 said:

"+" was never intended to be a "status symbol".....

Totally agree!

John, I cannot thank you enough for all of the efforts you have put into the orchestration of the forum and for funding it! I am honored to be apart of this organization!

20 hours ago, Greg Spalding said:

that is far more stabilization than "rider-mounted" would allow.... some kind of AMAZING GIMBLE device... they are becoming so advanced lately for the lay person to own

love that video

glad you posted it

of course, the RIDER-MOUNTED view has always fascinated me

Meh, go away with that toy stuff - real men wear a full rig SteadiCam harness :thumbup:

My guess is that since it is a Go Pro sponsored video, it has been filmed using a go pro on the new gimbal that comes with their new Karma Drone. The gimbal detaches from the drone, and then attaches to an included hand-held stick mount, which appears to then have been mounted on the rider's chest.

Here's a video of the gimbal on an electric skateboard rider (fast forward to the 7minute mark to see the gimbal in action on his skateboard)

Archived