Malfunction...

Chris Westland

4 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Seriously though - it didn't hurt at all! Though that may just be the medication I'm on

Tough guy!!! I like that!:)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

1) I don't know how to do that.
2) Do we really want to emphasize this to the world?
3) Maybe you're joking and I'm being retarded. :P 

Only joking:):) When I submit something serious in the future the sentence will end like this:(

15 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

If I recall correctly some IPS Zeros had some unexpected shutdown problems.  I don't remember all of the details, but there were some reports in the IPS forum section.

Edit: Found some reports...

i can only agree to that....

And thats nothing against IPS in general....but from the zero i personnaly have heard more bad than good stories...

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

@John Eucist Can you add this badge of honor symbol next to each member's name that has submitted photos of an injury riding a EUC or @The Fat Unicycliststupid hoverboard?

With @Hunka Hunka Burning Loves 'Plus Member' status along with all of his other credentials including astronaut, pilot, physician, detective, judge, attorney, physicist, engineer, scientist, mathematician, athlete, sex therapist, etc, I believe he would be the most qualified to review each claim to make sure the photos of the injury are legitimate!:w00t2:

IMG_0423.JPG

We could have a meme contest ...

bradycry9889.jpg

e5db5030bd6c50c220f1f83f92b172857edf3888800b76884f6286f07bdef05d.jpg

injuries-aint-nobody.jpg

w9th6.jpg

9 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Thanks @Rehab1 - yes, that is my elbow. 

And no @litewave, that is not #8 wire - though it may have been recycled from an abandoned farm hay-baler.

I may brag about it @Chris Westland, and with reason too (I think) - after I did it I got on a plane and spent 3 weeks touring the USA, before returning home to get that x-ray. It's funny as it didn't hurt at all, but did bruise just a bit while I was away...

942542_932315133524827_71452763059435022

But it wasn't EUC related - it was one of those stupid hoverboard things... Two small wheels with independent drive is just asking for trouble! 

Ouch.. you do need to be careful about bone infections which is why it's good to get X-rays right after the injury...hope you are all healed

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

i can only agree to that....

And thats nothing against IPS in general....but from the zero i personnaly have heard more bad than good stories...

Sad to hear ... I'll let you know if I do encounter issues, but for now it's been reliable..

12 hours ago, Chris Westland said:

I love the video ...wow is he fast.  This guy has to be Russian, with the metal spikes in the tire and 30mph runs. It looks like a version of Russian Speedway Ice Racing but with only one wheel... and even more extreme

I believe he is a Finn, as are several other great members on this forum such as @EU GUY, @esaj, to name a few. Definitely bleeding edge and inspiring.

1 hour ago, Chris Westland said:

discovered that I have already hit the distance to unlock my IPS Zero app...  I get two new speed limits: 25k/h & 30k/h

Please...be careful!

As you are very much related to high speed quality motor bikes....i am wondering you choosed an Ips zero.

Its not known as high or high speed performer! for an speed of up to 30kmh the batterie/BMS and the motor are just to weak!!!

4 hours ago, Chris Westland said:

Ouch.. you do need to be careful about bone infections which is why it's good to get X-rays right after the injury...hope you are all healed

Yeah, all good - the bruise was gone in a week, and about a month after the accident I had an x-ray (and subsequent fixing).

It was quite funny, as apparently that sort of break is supposed to be painful and inhibit most movement in the joint. But I had almost full movement, with no pain (which is why I had left it for so long). At first the doctor didn't think it was my x-ray , and he spent about 10 minutes making me try all sorts of movements while he looked at the image somewhat perplexed...

Did your "doctor"  have like a nice,  printed medical degree hung up on the wall?  :whistling:

Yeah,  common newb mistake not to recognize a Type IIA noncommunited,  displaced proximal fragment without elbow instability.   I mean I tell my clients you gotta at least watch some YouTube videos before opening up shop!  Com'on!   These people just give my fake credentials business a bad name.  :rolleyes:  Sigh...  

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Please...be careful!

As you are very much related to high speed quality motor bikes....i am wondering you choosed an Ips zero.

Its not known as high or high speed performer! for an speed of up to 30kmh the batterie/BMS and the motor are just to weak!!!

I will definitely be more careful in the future.  I have read through the IPS Zero Review thread in this forum (thank you EUC Forum) and see some concerns, particularly with the earlier parts of the production run (and with 340 Whr models).  It seems there were a few cases of odd behavior... maybe these have been resolved or not.  The main reason for allowing 30k/h for me is to be able to have bursts of speed, not to sustain that speed (I'm a bit skeptical about running too far above 12k/h or running speed).

From the reviews and my experience, I don't feel that there are build quality problems with the IPS Zero...it is very nicely done.  But it is also very light, with a 14" wheel, so will not have the straight ahead solid feel of a 20kg 18" model.   I liked light bikes (Yamaha R6 was my favorite and I've owned 3) so the Zero seems a natural to me.

I'd definitely like to travel North of the Arctic Circle, perhaps next time I visit Turku.  My wife and I have always wanted to see Northern Lights up close (not the sort you see from Wisconsin, but the really dramatic light up the sky sort).   I looked at the pictures of Rovaniemi on Google Maps and it looks very pleasant.

On 2016/10/30 at 1:44 AM, Chris Westland said:

Maybe I was a bit too ambitious trying to hit 100km to unlock the 30k/h limit on my IPS inside of one week... oh well.  Dislocated shoulder and 2-3 weeks in a sling ...

IMG_4003.JPG

hi, Are you okay now? please be careful and take care of yourself. you can tell me how it is happened?

On 2016/11/1 at 9:10 AM, Chris Westland said:

I'd definitely like to travel North of the Arctic Circle, perhaps next time I visit Turku.  My wife and I have always wanted to see Northern Lights up close (not the sort you see from Wisconsin, but the really dramatic light up the sky sort).   I looked at the pictures of Rovaniemi on Google Maps and it looks very pleasant.

I am feeling that you have a happy family. so great!

5 hours ago, rayna903 said:

hi, Are you okay now? please be careful and take care of yourself. you can tell me how it is happened?

Healing very quickly ... I fell after catching the right platform on a curb, and my left arm hit a rock and was dislocated.  I'm still stabilizing the arm, and it is really bruised, but I should be back on the EUC in a week (touch wood)...

13 minutes ago, Chris Westland said:

Surprisingly Helsinki seems pretty temperate ... I was there for a week in December even, and it wasn't much different than Chicago ... 

Today here in Helsinki we have a little of snow and -2C. 

20161103_112019.jpg

Archived