Unable to turn off my segway minipro in locking mode

Hi all,

Is anyone knows how can I put my minipro in locking mode and it turn off ?

I have locked the minipro through the app and when I click the power button on the minipro it doesn't turn off (It looks like that the buttons are disable).

Thanks,

Roy

You cannot lock the miniPRO when it is off

the funny thing is, you can lock it and work in a café, but as soon as you get farther away than Bluetooth connection to the wheel, it is automatically unlocked and easy to ride away.

the LOCK doesn't provide any security whatsoever

I honestly don't know why it's there, except that it prevents astray child from getting on and getting injured while you turn around to pick up your coffee

• Upvote 1

Works fine for me. I can hit lock in the app screen, reach down and turn off the mini-pro, watch it power down and bluetooth connection drop.

Come back 5 minutes or 2 days later and power back up, unit is still locked. Re-establish bluetooth connection and unlock.

Not sure why it does not work for you.

• Upvote 1

A good cable lock?  I'm using one I got from a local (Australian) hardware store - it's a combination chain lock for bikes, 1m long when unlocked, and that goes round the body of the MiniPro and round a suitable post.  If the post diameter is a bit small, so the chain isn't tight enough to prevent it being slipped off over the wheel, then I kind of put a twist in it and that seems to do the job.  To untwist it when locked you'd have to bodily rotate the MiniPro which would admittedly be not impossible, but it would be pretty awkward if it occurred to someone to try it.  The chain has a kind of knitted nylon cover so that it doesn't scratch the miniPro.  But given that the MiniPro would be rather vulnerable to vandalism, I'd never leave it in a quiet spot.  Usually I lock it outside the main entrance of the local supermarket (where there's a bike rack).

• Upvote 1

Thanks. Hadn't thought about looping around the base. I am looking for 1 that works in the locking slot of the lean steer bar.

i have a couple ideas if we don't see something commercial very soon. I know Ninebot designed 1 I have just not seen an actual unit.

it is a pain but I usually just extend the pull bar and drag it with me if there is a spot I absolutely cannot glide.

I modified the inner locking slot as previously described (somewhere) and it now works with a standard Kensington lock, but they are pretty flimsy - snatch resistant but not really theft resistant.  I've thought of cutting off the cable from a Kensington lock (cheapest version!) and permanently locking the steering handle to the base with the actual lock portion (because locking the base as described above does leave the possibility of some person stealing just the handle quite easily).

• 2 years later...