Inmotion rep?

John Eucist

Presumably that would only really be useful for wheels where the manufacturer doesnt have an authorized /dominating distributor to represent them? (Like IPS).

I doubt ninebot/inmotion would bother.....especially as they'd just be inundated by people asking questions they would never answer (e.g. unannounced future products)

7 hours ago, Paddylaz said:

I doubt ninebot/inmotion would bother.....especially as they'd just be inundated by people asking questions they would never answer

Agreed, besides the language issue, I'd imagine it's difficult for manufacturer to take suggestions from multiple sources, prioritize, seeing what's feasible, what's not. 

If I were a manufacturer, I also wouldn't want the competition to know what I'm planning too far ahead of release :) 

4 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Agreed, besides the language issue, I'd imagine it's difficult for manufacturer to take suggestions from multiple sources, prioritize, seeing what's feasible, what's not. 

If I were a manufacturer, I also wouldn't want the competition to know what I'm planning too far ahead of release :) 

Having a rep here doesn't mean they have to disclose what they don't want to disclose.  I believe it helped Gotway and King Song's popularity here.

11 hours ago, John Eucist said:

Having a rep here doesn't mean they have to disclose what they don't want to disclose.  I believe it helped Gotway and King Song's popularity here.

True, but to avoid answering a question they would either have to dance around it or remain silent, both of which isn't necessarily pleasant of favorable. So I guess both strategies have pros and cons from the producers perspective. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2016 at 6:04 AM, cloudust said:

Maybe they, inmotion and ninebot are secretly monitoring the discussions.:ph34r:

That could be, but more likely the market is so small outside of China that our wishes mean little.  EUC's are intended for the Chinese, we are just an afterthought.  But EUC's are getting better each year.  Probably the best we can do is keep discussing them and try to get the best available while the wheels evolve.  And perhaps some of the things people wish were better will come to be.

30 minutes ago, steve454 said:

EUC's are intended for the Chinese, we are just an afterthought.

What's surprising, is that for all the companies that I have spoken to (KS, Inmotion, GW, even IPS), oversea markets represent the majority of sales in both volume & value for Wheels—maybe this is different for Ninebot with their Xiaomi partnership in China. I think we're starting to see some Western requirements starting to find their way into the latest products, like the larger pedals & more power/range. 

On 10/27/2016 at 11:38 PM, John Eucist said:

Can we get an Inmotion rep in here like Tina with KS and Jane & Linnea with GW?  @Jason McNeil can you help? :P 

Who needs representatives? We need spies!  I heard @Jason McNeil is on the short list for Trump's newly established EUC Czar cabinet position! If appointed Jason would have top secret security clearances enabling him to infiltratate all of the major EUC R&D departments , learn their secrets and then to report back to us:laughbounce2:

Zzzzs...Jason you can now wake up from this dream :sleep1:

Archived