Where do I find Kingsong app for android

Smoother

Hi, all.  New EUC owner.  KS 14c fresh out of box.  Been looking for the app.  Can't find it anywhere. Can't even find the name of it anywhere.  Enclosed owners manual says download app, but leaves out the name.  Stupid me, went to Play store and typed Kingsong. Stupid, I know. There's nothing there, except WheelLog, which I downloaded.  But I don't want the first thing I connect to my wheel to be third party incase it locks to it or something like that.  Searched tinternt, several hopeful links, but nothing.  Where is this f#*{>ng app?  I have never known anything so, supposedly easy: type name, find best match, download.  to be so obtuse.  Can anybody guide me, please? 

I have a iPhone too but my android is just gathering dust so I thought I would use it in a dedicated sort of way.  Is one app better than the other?  

You don't have to be afraid from wheellog - its made from a nice member of this forum: 

It also will not lock with your wheel.

But you cannot unlock, set the speed limits, etc with this app for your Kingsong. The original app you should get from the imho official website: http://www.szkingsong.com/list-30.html

Also some time ago some resellers like @Jason McNeil had links to actual firmware versions... 

Have much fun with your new KS14c and also here in this forum!

Update. Decided to look in Apple App Store.  Typed Kingsong,  just like I did on android, and up popped the app "Kingsong-NEW".  I'll load that if I have to but I want to put my android to use and keep iPhone in my pocket 

7 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Update. Decided to look in Apple App Store.  Typed Kingsong,  just like I did on android, and up popped the app "Kingsong-NEW".  I'll load that if I have to but I want to put my android to use and keep iPhone in my pocket 

Yes - Kingsong-new is the actuall oficial and newest Kingsong app for iphone. But already a newer one was announced quite some time ago and never arrived... ;(

If you do not want to wait for unlocking you have some "recipies"/websites here how you can unlock your wheel immedeately, if your reseller did not alreay unlock the wheel for you (http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/2072-king-song-40-isn-key-generator-android-app-unlocked/)

As it seems also the newest firmware 1.23 should be worth updating and not be harmfull: 

Thanks for that chriull.   I think you wrote your reply before I finished typing the question. 

Got it downloaded and connected. Now it's working smoothly and bug free just as others have reported ? Can you smell the sarcasm. 

Now I just gotta learn how to ride the thing. Thank you YouTube University

5 hours ago, Smoother said:

..... Where do I find Kingsong app for android .....

Actually you don't find it, but it finds YOU ! :)

Seriously: One thing which interested me from the beginning:  Why don't they upload the app to playstore, does anybody know ?

5 hours ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Actually you don't find it, but it finds YOU ! :)

Seriously: One thing which interested me from the beginning:  Why don't they upload the app to playstore, does anybody know ?

good question.  Android is much more open source that IOS.  I believe it's in the Apple Store because Apple keeps access to their equipment locked down tight. ,it's supposed to be for our protection, and it probably does protect us, but it's mainly their for Apple to ensure they get a piece of every $ that flows through its system.  Or at least that's my jaded opinion.

thanks again for all your help here.  I was pulling my hair out trying to find that android app.

Archived