speed and batterie on a smartwatch :-)

US69

Heyho,

i just bought this:

http://www.gearbest.com/smart-watch-phone/pp_463449.html

An Android 5.1 Smartwatch. With coupon Code: MRTK1 it is just about 54$ or 50€ and if you choose the correct sending no tax and custom will be added :-)

perhaps not the nicest, (in black looks better) but by far the cheapest Android 5.1 smartwatch in the moment....and if you read the description of the following video...seams to be one of the best out there:

I would have go on the smartwatch train a lot earlier, but as IOS user there are nearly no choices of software in the moment, and to pay 300++ bucks for an apple watch was a bit to much also!

But as i like the idea of having the speed/batterie on my wrist, perhaps some others are interested now also!

I think one of the big problems with these Android watches are their limited battery life especially when GPS is on.  I think @Keith and some other members bought a smart watch I was looking at a while ago, but I think the small battery couldn't last long enough to be practically useful.  I'm not sure how long the Apple watch battery lasts, but sometimes you buy cheap you buy twice as they say!

21 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I was looking at a while ago, but I think the small battery couldn't last long enough to be practically useful.  I'm not sure how long the Apple watch battery lasts, but sometimes you buy cheap you buy twice as they say!

You are spot on, my Garmin Forerunner 410 GPS sports watch is dead every time I go to use it and will run for 4-5 hours with GPS on. I got the No.1 D5 android watch which has a lovely display but it's circular screen has made it challenging to find any app that will work correctly on it; it has no menu button and the  ... Onscreen menu button is offscreen in almost all applications. A square face or physical menu button seems to be a must,and Arrrrrgggghh I have since discovered the No.1 D6  has both! However even with Bluetooth, wifi and GPS turned off I struggle to get the watch battery to last one 6 hour shift at work. I'm fairly sure that the Apple Watch only lasts about a day as well.

To be honest, IMHO the only watch that makes any sense to me currently is the Pebble. With its electric ink display the battery life is very much better, measurable in days if not weeks, but it isn't standalone it acts as an interface to your smartphone. In practice that is probably the better approach anyway as it means it hasn't got power hungry hardware like GPS sucking the life out of it.

I would have bought one like a shot to use the app that has been developed on this forum but my older KS-14 wheel does not interface to it I believe, I.e. My Bluetooth connection is android only. I might still get one to use with my iPhone.

That it is in no way perfect and that the batterie runtime is ajoke, i know :-)

But for 50bucks i could not resist...here some photos of wheellog in action on android 5.1....even not bad on a round watch:

Ooooh No!

And just now...i see a absolut nogo for the watch i chosed:

Its Bluetooth 3.0.......

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! And it just had been sent by gearbest....to late to cancel

That happens when i buy things where i have absolut no clue about and only were driven by my 6 year old self to get a new toy!

I goto bed now or shot myself in the head :-(

Ebay...here i come!

1 minute ago, KingSong69 said:

Ooooh No!

And just now...i see a absolut nogo for the watch i chosed:

Its Bluetooth 3.0.......

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! And it just had been sent by gearbest....to late to cancel

That happens when i buy things where i have absolut no clue about and only were driven by my 6 year old self to get a new toy!

I goto bed now or shot myself in the head :-(

we must be TWINS

my "6-year old self" runs my life too often, as well :)

Archived