KingSong KS 16S

Blunzn

On 24.1.2017 at 9:13 AM, nomad said:

The standard battery cells used in EUCs have up to 10 Ampere discharge rate. If the cells are connected in serial then only 10A can get through, no matter how many cells are in the pack, as the current must pass through all cells in serial. So each battery pack can output max 10A current.

16-cell pack = 67.2V * 10A = 672W
20-cell pack = 84V * 10A = 840W

~95% switching efficiency (~5% lost in heat mainly mosfets) - estimated realistic peak power values for high powered 16" wheels:

KS16S (820Wh), ACM 680/820Wh, GT16 680Wh:
4 * 672W * 95% = ~ 2550 W

Rockwheel GT16 858Wh:
4 * 840W * 95% = ~ 3200 W

Inmotion V8 (480Wh):
2x 840W * 95% = ~ 1600 W

ACM 1300/1600Wh:
6x 840W * 95% = ~ 4750 W

Kingsong 848 Wh is equal to GotWays 820 Wh, just using different cell voltage for calculation in the past. Let @tinawong confirm the values.1200 W power was good in the beginning of 2016. Still enough in 2017? Anyway a good rework of KS16.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, OliverH said:

Kingsong 848 Wh is equal to GotWays 820 Wh, just using different cell voltage for calculation in the past. Let @tinawong confirm the values.1200 W power was good in the beginning of 2016. Still enough in 2017? Anyway a good rework of KS16.

to the question with the motorcables: none seen yet.

but take a look at KS14D pictures...there they also changed the connection type and wire thickness...

KS power/watt numbers for ME have allways been more realistic than GW's....my KS18 1200Watt is in some use cases stronger than my GW V3....just not that fast in "end speed "

7 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

to the question with the motorcables: none seen yet.

but take a look at KS14D pictures...there they also changed the connection type and wire thickness...

KS power/watt numbers for ME have allways been more realistic than GW's....my KS18 1200Watt is in some use cases stronger than my GW V3....just not that fast in "end speed "

Gotway has the wrong strategy with the velocity. If they would change the winding for lower speed it would be much powerful at lower speeds and more safe.

3 minutes ago, OliverH said:

Gotway has the wrong strategy with the velocity. If they would change the winding for lower speed it would be much powerful at lower speeds and more safe.

i am totally with you!

6 hours ago, Slaughthammer said:

IPS Lhotz might actually also be smaller in volume, but heavier, smaller battery, less powerfull....

The measures I have:

Lhotz

50.2 47.2 18.2

V8

53.8 46.2 14.8

doesn't make the Lhotz a good candidate for having a smaller volume.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2016 at 4:30 AM, Addwyn said:

Hi Tina,

Great News ! :D

What will be its top speed when battery charge goes under 50% ?

if it's anything like the ks14d it will still do top speed until it tells you to get off because it's getting too flat. ks14d feels like the safest wheel i have rode so far. can do 30km/h uphill when its under 50% and i weigh 82kg

On 10/25/2016 at 0:04 PM, HermanTheGerman said:

All the others asked until now how to turn them off, at least the "Hello Kingsong".  :D

would be great if you could program your own name in so it sais hello to you instead of talking to itself like a loony.

be great if you could load your own warnings and welcome. mine would say "ha-ya goin mate?" when i turn it on and third warning would say "oi! slow down ya dickhead"

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, KingSong European Hub said:

The sport version of the 16-inch KingSong is available in pre-order in limited quantities at a price of € 1,599 at KingSong Europe:

https://www.kingsong-europe.com/en/gyroroues/28-ks-16s.html

The 100 € offered will seduce the most impatient.

:( I was hoping that they will also redesign the outer shell in the style of new KS14D

On 16.2.2017 at 9:55 AM, KingSong European Hub said:

The sport version of the 16-inch KingSong is available in pre-order in limited quantities at a price of € 1,599 at KingSong Europe:

https://www.kingsong-europe.com/en/gyroroues/28-ks-16s.html

The 100 € offered will seduce the most impatient.

Hmm,

at the mentioned link the maxspeed is specified as 25 km/h.

Is that really true ?   In this case the wheel would be of no interest for me, because it would be slower than the normal KS16. 

Until now I thought the KS16S will have 35 km/h maxspeed.

15 hours ago, djerr said:

Confirmed when asked on the french forum. Top speed when unlocked  : 35 km/h

It will go 35kmh.....until the batterie reachs 58volt....then the Ks algorithm of keeping the speed down on low batterie will set in and make the wheel a bit slower!

This is an Information directly received from KS - Tina...Saftey first on ALL KS!

4 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

It will go 35kmh.....until the batterie reachs 58volt....then the Ks algorithm of keeping the speed down on low batterie will set in and make the wheel a bit slower!

I know this directly from KS Tina...Saftey first on ALL KS!

I haven't noticed any speed difference when the battery's low on my ks14d. Pretty sure I can do 30km/h until the point it tilts right back. Haven't been able to check via the app as my phones crap and I can't connect it to my wheel but it hasn't felt any slower at low battery

• 2 weeks later...

How much does it weigh?

https://www.thewheeldeal.net.au/ks16s.html says it is 23,8 Kg

http://www.kingsong.com/upload/file/contents/2016/12/5858f67ca096b.pdf says it is 15,5 Kg.

According to http://www.szkingsong.com/upload/file/contents/2016/10/User manual of KS-16 electric unicycle.pdf the normal KS-16 with a 680wh battery weighs 17,1 Kg

This is confusing... :wacko:

Regular KS16  weight = 16,77 kg

Version with modified pedals (heavy rubber removed and replaced by grips) = 16,42 kg

True weight of KS16S is still a mistery...

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:35 AM, Lukasz said:

Regular KS16  weight = 16,77 Kg

Version with modified pedals (heavy rubber removed and replaced by grips) = 16,42 Kg

True weight of KS16S is still a mistery...

Just received my brand new KS-16S. 1200W, 840 Wh Sanyo battery. Firmware: 1.00

Weight question solved: It is exactly 17.3 kg

Pedals are nice with good grip.

There is a bit of a problem, however... The wheel does not work right: constantly beeps (once about every two seconds), four red lights are lit and the serial number is not show on the app.

I'm a bit unhappy...

IMG_0848.JPG

IMG_0847.JPG

IMG_0845.PNG

IMG_0846.JPG

2 hours ago, May said:

Just received my brand new KS-16S. 1200W, 840 Wh Sanyo battery. Firmware: 1.00

Weight question solved: It is exactly 17.3 kg

Pedals are nice with good grip.

There is a bit of a problem, however... The wheel does not work right: constantly beeps (once about every two seconds), four red lights are lit and the serial number is not show on the app.

I'm a bit unhappy...

IMG_0848.JPG

IMG_0847.JPG

IMG_0845.PNG

IMG_0846.JPG

for me sounds like a "firmware not completely installed "....have you tried to update?

keep us informed what was the problem..

Thanks for the weight info!    That is quite unfortunate that brand new unit does not work - Probably You have to contact Kingsong directly - let us know what they suggest, as the leds for sure show the diagnostic state it ended up with.  I keep fingers crossed that they will provide You with the procedure to solve it instead of "please send it back for replacement"

Are the pedals magnetic or they still have springs inside?

7 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

for me sounds like a "firmware not completely installed "....have you tried to update?

keep us informed what was the problem..

Sure, I would have tried but there is no update in the app.

5 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Thanks for the weight info!    That is quite unfortunate that brand new unit does not work - Probably You have to contact Kingsong directly - let us know what they suggest, as the leds for sure show the diagnostic state it ended up with.  I keep fingers crossed that they will provide You with the procedure to solve it instead of "please send it back for replacement"

Are the pedals magnetic or they still have springs inside?

Thx Lukas. I contacted Kingsong directly but no solution yet.

The pedals are nice and light, but they still use springs

I got the KS-16S fixed today. Apparently the serial number was not set at the factory. Kingsong guys helped me to set it.

I tried the wheel and it feels very stable and powerful in comparison with my IPS 121/T350. I never tried the previous Kingsong KS-16 so I cannot compare to that.

Note that the speed unlock works

IMG_0852 (1).JPG

Great news! 

+ for Kingsong support!

- for Kingsong production team and quality control

AFAIK there are other persons (separate thread) reporting the "4 leds issue"  so - somehow main board can "forget" the serial number or... there are other issues reported by the same 4 leds.  Can You tell us the procedure used to restore the wheel back to full life?  

6 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Great news! 

+ for Kingsong support!

- for Kingsong production team and quality control

AFAIK there are other persons (separate thread) reporting the "4 leds issue"  so - somehow main board can "forget" the serial number or... there are other issues reported by the same 4 leds.  Can You tell us the procedure used to restore the wheel back to full life?  

With a Chinese-only app that looks internal :).

(Note in advance that I must not share it.)

Thank-you @May for the information you provided.  So glad your KS16s is up and running.  There are many of us here that would be very happy to hear any other impressions that you have of this new model.  Please tell us whatever you can.  Thanks!

Archived