KingSong KS 16S

Blunzn

On 28.10.2016 at 2:36 AM, tinawong said:

Hi, unfortunately, it will be with 2 speakers. also, without USB port.  With new control board, we will improve riding experience, will offer your feedback to engineer team, thanks! 

I think it's great you are concentrating on safety and riding experience! 

USB? There are already enough solutions to charge a phone. Or remove the FB App to save energy...

Speakers? Unfortunately there always will be some guys who don't care about others and hear their music loud. 

Please concentrate on useful and nessesary things first before adding some (maybe) nice to have ones. There are enough challenges to get your unicycles ready to match the PLEV standard in Europe - I think this is more important. Just my 2 cents...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Getting a more powerful motor for the KS 16  has both pros and cons. Since the new model maintains the same 840wh battery, then the KS16s is likely to experience reduced range in comparison to an existing KS16b 840Wh with the 800w motor. (Unless the new motor is more efficient).

Is it reasonable to expect that the range of the new model would be 2/3 the range of the existing ks16b (just ratio of motor power 800/1200). This is probably worse case but how much actual real life reduction in range can we reasonably expect and would you be willing to make that trade-off.

12 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

On facebook they answered this 2-3 days ago with:

In one month!

Well, because I'm working in IT, that would translate for me into end of Q1/2017 (march) ! :D

O.K., seriously: Maybe they want to have it out before Christmas, but I will definitely wait until Q1, because I want to read some real life stories first.

I also fear like Adel that the range might be a lot less than with the current KS16, and then I would not be interested.

• 2 weeks later...
On December 13, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Addwyn said:

Kingsong France published some news about the future KS16S. Its color may be Silver at a first time...

https://www.espritroue.fr/topic/1483-kingsong-16s/?page=5#comment-32749

"It is impossible to give you a release date but we hope to have it for the spring."

Color looks OK, I like black, but since heat is an issue white or this light color is probably better right now until they have better designs.  

2 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

"It is impossible to give you a release date but we hope to have it for the spring."

Color looks OK, I like black, but since heat is an issue white or this light color is probably better right now until they have better designs.  

blue also:

37 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

On 29.11.2016 at 10:08 AM, HermanTheGerman said:

Well, because I'm working in IT, that would translate for me into end of Q1/2017 (march) ! :D

So it looks like my experiences from IT are not completely wrong ... :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2016 at 2:21 AM, KingSong69 said:

blue also:

What?! Wait! No.?

I like the NEW look of the KS14D. Just thought they would have carried that over to this model?! On the KS14D, the LEDs are spread-out more. Making a bigger/wider circle. Also, because of the angle/placement of the LEDs. Cars/pedestrians can see you from the front, as well as the sides. If they Update the KS14D with more power. I may actually buy it.

Maybe name it,  KS14D... PLUS, +, mega, mighty, ect.

1 hour ago, PriestHood said:

What?! Wait! No.?

I like the NEW look of the KS14D. Just thought they would have carried that over to this model?! On the KS14D, the LEDs are spread-out more. Making a bigger/wider circle. Also, because of the angle/placement of the LEDs. Cars/pedestrians can see you from the front, as well as the sides. If they Update the KS14D with more power. I may actually buy it.

Maybe name it,  KS14D... PLUS, +, mega, mighty, ect.

Just for getting the LED's seen a bit more they should set up a complete new Shell, create new Tools, design the wheel complete new????

And perhaps you Forget, the KS16 still has one of the brightest and best to be seen front and backlight!

The main difference between the 14D and 16 is still the tyre size...After driving 16 and 18 inch wheels i personally would never go back to a 14inch...not stable enough on Speeds over 20-23kmh.

When i remember it correctly they will Name that 14 with more Batterie range KS14S...

btw: The KS16S Post on Facebook changed....they seem to ged rid of the blue Color and bring it in Grey/silver, White and black.

I am very happy to see the KS16S...the 5kmh and bit power more...for me is exactly what is missing....So then i can cruise safe at my preferred Speed of 27-32kmh without running into a tiltback!

On 11/28/2016 at 0:32 PM, Adel said:

Getting a more powerful motor for the KS 16  has both pros and cons. Since the new model maintains the same 840wh battery, then the KS16s is likely to experience reduced range in comparison to an existing KS16b 840Wh with the 800w motor. (Unless the new motor is more efficient).

Is it reasonable to expect that the range of the new model would be 2/3 the range of the existing ks16b (just ratio of motor power 800/1200). This is probably worse case but how much actual real life reduction in range can we reasonably expect and would you be willing to make that trade-off.

Ill happily sacrifice some range for a more powerful motor as i never come close to needing the full range on my ks16. Ill prob look into upgrading when this comes out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2017 at 11:48 AM, pstfch said:

and decided for the KS16 but I want to wait for the new model, of course

I was in similar situation last year and the practice shows that the newest model appears somewhere in April-May time frame.

2 hours ago, DS said:

I was in similar situation last year and the practice shows that the newest model appears somewhere in April-May time frame.

I guess and hope this time they are a bit earlier......and ks14D also out of this old timelines

KS16S is announced to be mass-produced after chinese newyear in february.

they allready have shown some testmodel in asia...and what they changed board and technique wise in pdf. (Facebook Ks group)

pretty impressive stuff....for me...

i will also go for this version...or wait for a new Ks18(rumors 2000watt nominal)

19 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

they allready have shown some testmodel in asia...and what they changed board and technique wise in pdf. (Facebook Ks group)

pretty impressive stuff....for me...

Hi, I'm not on facebook. Can you share a link to the mentioned PDF ?

From the PDF it seems they are changing the the battery configuration from daisy-chaining to paralel. I know there were big discussions about this on the forum but I don't know whether there was consensus about what is better? Did KS give any info about why they are changing this?

there is only one reason:

more Power can be achieved.....

i observed "daisy-chaining" on all of my KS wheels.14,16 and even my 18....

but if you do not real parallel them...you are missing some power/amps!

the thing is: if you REAL parallel the packs...you have to take care that they are connected for balancing also!

i have seen something like this just since the Msuper V3's have come out! (ACM i dont know)....that the packs on  each side are connected by some extra wire

but for KS this is now totally new! And i am really happy to see

The standard battery cells used in EUCs have up to 10 Ampere discharge rate. If the cells are connected in serial then only 10A can get through, no matter how many cells are in the pack, as the current must pass through all cells in serial. So each battery pack can output max 10A current.

16-cell pack = 67.2V * 10A = 672W
20-cell pack = 84V * 10A = 840W

~95% switching efficiency (~5% lost in heat mainly mosfets) - estimated realistic peak power values for high powered 16" wheels:

KS16S (820Wh), ACM 680/820Wh, GT16 680Wh:
4 * 672W * 95% = ~ 2550 W

Rockwheel GT16 858Wh:
4 * 840W * 95% = ~ 3200 W

Inmotion V8 (480Wh):
2x 840W * 95% = ~ 1600 W

ACM 1300/1600Wh:
6x 840W * 95% = ~ 4750 W

On 31/10/2016 at 0:35 PM, nomad said:

As for portability the V8 is too big

My hunch is that it is the least voluminous (and lightest) 16" wheel in the market, am I wrong? 

EDIT: the IPS 132 seems to be smaller in volume and lighter. 

Archived