TG F3 Battery...Need Help...

swvision

Hi,

I got this battery from ebay for $35 shipped. The seller said that it was off of a TG F3. The battery pack says YY18650 60V 264wh 15/03/04. The batteries inside the pack have these markings: LS  LR1865LA   Made in China. The seller also said that they were in great working condition. seems like this is the battery: Alibaba Link Its branded as Victpower but I don't know if thats supposed to be a rebrand of samsung or LG.

My questions are: Is this battery safe to swap and charge in my generic EUC?

Do I need to Shunt the BMS of this pack?

IMG_20161020_131626[1].jpg

IMG_20161020_131827[1].jpg

You should be carefull using this pack. There were already many reports of bad cells in tg f3 battery packs and the price is incredibly cheap- so chances are high that you got low quality/bad cells. You'll see once you tried.

shunting will only help to prevent cut-offs while driving. It does _not_ influence anyhow safety/risk while charging.

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

You should be carefull using this pack. There were already many reports of bad cells in tg f3 battery packs and the price is incredibly cheap- so chances are high that you got low quality/bad cells. You'll see once you tried.

shunting will only help to prevent cut-offs while driving. It does _not_ influence anyhow safety/risk while charging.

Is there a way of testing the battery safely?  Perhaps I can charge the battery separately in an open and safe area then install onto the EU...Charging it is the dangerous part right?

You might want to measure the voltage before charging and after you charge it up.  See if the wheel will power up normally with a normal battery level.  With safety protection on, if all looks well you could do some laps around the block and see how the battery level indicators behave on acceleration.  Just be prepared for any unexpected shutoffs if there are any bad cells they might not contribute enough current to the pack.  If it seems fine, maybe do slower cruises to check the range.  I'd estimate my 132 wh pack goes for about 6 km on my generic wheel with a 167 lb rider weight.  A 264 wh should go about 12 km?

Archived