Definition of a Motor Vehicle - keep handy

Marty Backe

2 hours ago, steve454 said:

Do you mean that you have bursitis, but you appear to be healthy and fit?  Perhaps you could carry a cane, and wave it at people who question your disability.   You just gave me the mother of all ideas.:ph34r:.  I have a cane that I bought when I had arthritis in one knee, but never used it because the knee problem was caused by overuse (Get this strong now video, some guy leg pressing a toyota and claiming short range of motion with extremely heavy weights was the next big thing) and gradually got better.  i might try riding with it in case people give me grief about riding on trails with signs that say no unauthorised motor vehicles.

I meant to say, medically prescribed mobility assistance device would allow you to ride the EUC (or a wheelchair) in any publicly accessible area. That means private stores that allow access to the public must allow you access under the public handicap accessiblility laws.

Someone who is a lawyer chime in.

My advice is, don't argue, just politely ask, "If I cannot ride it, can I walk with it?" Usually they will agree on allowing you to walk with the EUC, unless someone is really a big dick. So I would walk with the EUC, pretending my feet were hurt (sometimes it was real), until they disappeared, then I jumped back and kept riding. Even the guy caught me earlier saw me riding again, he would not bother to stop me again.

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

BS.  Unfortunately it's really hard to argue with people who feel like using the 'power' card to get their thrill for the day (thrill of having dominion over others).

Yeah and oddly enough I've seen that happen at parks.  Which strikes me as really strange, because parks are such a people-friendly idea ... and in my case I'm basically Clark Kent, super laid back and non-threatening.  But there are some people who let authority go to their heads very quickly ... and sometimes seem to be trying to work out their personal problems on random passersby ...

Archived