Full speed crash Msuper v3

Eman

Seems that I wanted to know it ?

With arround 55 the msuper folded away under me. Without full protection, I guess I could not write any comments here... 

I flow about 20 Meters, V3 about 35. 

No tilt back came. It was set to 48. I'm 85 kg, protection arround 8 kg. Left wrist hurts hard, right elbow scratched through the leather protection.

Will check in hospital now if anything broken. Maybe ?

Switched tilt back to 42 now... 

13 minutes ago, Eman said:

With arround 55 the msuper folded away under me. Without full protection, I guess I could not write any comments here... 

No tilt back came. It was set to 48. I'm 85 kg, protection arround 8 kg. Left wrist hurts hard, right elbow scratched through the leather protection.

Wow. I am glad you are alive! Flying 20 meters is no joke!!!!!

Aren't you happy you were wearing protective gear?  

you are saying you fell at 55 kmh?? This is crazy fast!!!! You are very brave ( and a bit reckless!)

No tiltback?  Was the tiltback working before when set to lower speeds? ( if you ever had it set to lower speeds)

Which model Msuper do you have?

let us know more

Yes, I had the tilt back lower and it worked good. The last working was at 42. I thought, when I set it to 45 that I may not have reached this speed. 

55 - I had a scooter with 16 and drove it last year until it gut damaged. It was from feeling the same speed. The cutoff lift speed was at arround 58. 52 were the last digits I saw. Then the app was just not anymore updating but the wheel did still little bit more power. 

The 3rd alarm beep is at which speed? 35? Compared to my ks16 it feels like 35. It was beeping of course but that's normal. I did about 5 km always over the 3rd beep. I accelerated because I wanted to feel the tilt back. When I thought, it should come slowly now, I thought as well, maybe I'm not fast enough. So I made again more leaning to the front. When I recognized, that no tilt back will come, it was already too late and I fall over the front of the wheel when it did not accelerate or make a tilt back. 

I fall on the right shoulder, where the protection is full plastic under 5 mm leather. 2 times over my own body and on the left hand. Then on the back on which I slided along the street. 

Very happy to wear that suit.... 

good grief

glad you are alive to write this

can i ask:  was  your VSuper given to you for FREE?  just wondering why you would SACRIFICE it in THAT way... let alone sacrifice yourself

we want you around here a long time

i hope (maybe i don't) you will show us a picture of the dame to both you and the wheel

good luck in your healing

thank you for being fully protected before the fall... i hope you will recover quickly and all x-rays will be negative

thanks for sharing

@Eman you are lucky man.

i can see how the lack of the tiltback motivated you to go faster, but i do have to say that 1 mistake you made was to believe that you can safely ride at 52 and faster knowing that the lift test cut off speed was 58. This is not enough safety margin.

Get well soon!

4 minutes ago, Cloud said:

@Eman you are lucky man.

i can see how the lack of the tiltback motivated you to go faster, but i do have to say that 1 mistake you made was to believe that you can safely ride at 52 and faster knowing that the lift test cut off speed was 58. This is not enough safety margin.

Get well soon!

Some people simply have no resistance and quite simply MUST ride directly into catastrophe - No margin of safety is too broad or tall for them to bridge. It is the force that drives regulation I suspect...

i would really loke to see that 58 kmh cut out speed on video....i am a bit wondering about that...as really ALL other v3 owners here report a lift cut out of about 52-53kmh! Also the max speed , real life cut out of some here was always 45-46kmh....Also that you do not have had tiltback lets me wonder about the real speed! The v3 tiltback is definitly able to notice!

So what app are u using to measure speed?

Beside that: Good that you are Ok!!! but otherwise, sorry, i can only say, plain stupid!! you are a well informed Forum user...so you should know, the only result of your behavior is one thing: Faceplant!!!

Again: good you are ok and alive!!

Photos from wheel will follow. 

Seems that mine is a special Russian version. And I'm always trying out everything. Maybe stupid, maybe that opens the door to more knowledge. 

I measure speed with bicycle tracking tool and often had 45 top speed and tilt back worked. When tilt back comes I can always still accelerate 3 km more. 

Today I did not measure. I just shortly wanted to go for a fast ride. But when I thought, that it's faster than last times, everything already happened very fast. 

Puff, bäng, aua. 

Tilt back to 42 and I wait for a good hand to set it back to 45 ???

Joking.

Hand is 1 time broken, 3 Hämatom. That's all. 4 weeks and all is well again. 

1 hour ago, Eman said:

Tilt back to 42 and I wait for a good hand to set it back to 45 ???

Since "Full protection" got you your injuries, a 'full recovery' would obviously be insufficient and wishing you a speedy recovery would simply be wrong!!
:wacko:

glad for your protection. i've ridden motorcycles for almost 40 years.... plenty of race bikes

i should start wearing all of that stuff, too.... so hot here (115 heat index all summer long) that i don't wear the jacket 

did they give you a TETANUS SHOT in your buttock?

that isn't wear it goes..... in any country

guess the nurse just wanted to see it... GOOD FOR YOU :D

no one would want to see mine  :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Eman said:

The 3rd alarm beep is at which speed? 35? Compared to my ks16 it feels like 35

It beeps at 38 if the V3 is an old version(roughly before 1st Oct). For new version the 3rd alarm kicks in at 44.

You can also tell whether it is a new or old by opening the right cover and look at the mainboard. If the MOSFETs are IRFB3207 then it's old. New MOSFETs are IRFB4110.

That's a cool motorcycle jacket!  B)

You know - I bet there's plenty of jobs over at Gotway for test pilots who would voluntarily go that extra few kph to help test their wheels.  Computerized crash test dummies are too expensive I think and don't self-heal.  After watching a few episodes of "Westworld," I'm thinking why not just get real test subjects to do the hard, dangerous work as there are people just literally falling over forwards to do these tasks?  ;)

Wow! That is crazy. Have you considered careeer as a professional stuntman? They have safer working conditions than what you just put yourself through.  I wondered when someone was going to push the msuper3 past it's limits again. It seems like it's always just a matter of time with these things.  It is good to know the stats (especially as I'm the same weight as you). Guess we gotta be thankful for you for that. It was silly but I'm sure you realise that each time you look at your hand. Have you got any more info on what model you have? Battery size? 67v or 84v? Im very glad that you are not too badly hurt. Thank-you for sharing your experience. I hope others can learn from this and nobody else pushes their wheel too far. Please be careful out there from now on. We all want the community to grow not shrink. 

6 hours ago, zlymex said:

It beeps at 38 if the V3 is an old version(roughly before 1st Oct). For new version the 3rd alarm kicks in at 44.

You can also tell whether it is a new or old by opening the right cover and look at the mainboard. If the MOSFETs are IRFB3207 then it's old. New MOSFETs are IRFB4110.

Thanks! 

I think I have an old version than. Driving it already since September and ordered in August. 

But does not matter if this alarm is 38 or 44 - I was a lot over it. 

What would help: The Kingsong app measures top speed and has a very good overview. Every time of connection I directly can read out every information and see my setted alarms and tilt back. 

The gotway app even does not allow to see anything, when set to English, the keys are bigger and the pixcel on the mobile phones are shown on different positions. When I first time connected I needed about 5 times until I was in the player mode. 

So it can be that I thought, I set tilt back to 48 but in real the app sendet "switch off". Anything possible to read out the current settings? Or minimum to write a log which speeds are sendet from the app? 

And couldn't there be a alarm which continuesly beeps about 5-10 seconds before the wheel is going to switch off if the speed is not increased due to lifting? 

Falling keeps me thinking

The wheel "survived" with also good protection 

IMG-20161019-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20161019-WA0007.jpg

12 hours ago, Eman said:

LUCKY MAN !

Get well soon.

I'm glad you had protection and did not hurt yourself more than you did! It can take quite some chest and triceps muscle strength to brake the initial impact at such speeds I guess you also better be somewhat fit taking risks like this. Please take some time to think this over. I assume everyone here understand that next time it could end up worse!

Ok now I would suggest tiltback should not start any higher than 35 km/h for the new 84V model and the older v3 do not set tiltback any higher than 30 km/h. And if you hear the last alarm just back off. As you have the old version I think you fell at 45-47 km/h as I did, because you got no tiltback at 48 km/h, that's a hell lot faster than 35 km/h trust me. What are you trying to achieve exactly with the tiltback set at 42 anyway? Myself given the option I would disable tiltback because I think the final alarm is better and the only warning necessary.

Get better soon and don't do cut offs at these speeds anymore! Not worth it.

Helmet of course!!! 

Gath visor it is. The only thing what I don't have is gloves with wrist protection. But this is next item to buy... 

Somehow it seems that I fall on the left hand, yes. And turned it over the angle what caused the break in the middle hand bone. 

I just read that you wrote head and not hand ?

The head I did not hit. I'm crazy enough also without hitting it.... 

On 10/19/2016 at 4:45 AM, Eman said:

Considering people have reported motor shutdown around that speed (MS3) and that the tilt-back itself requires a surge in current, I think it's better to set it to something like 38 (or lower).

Archived