New KS16 firmware - 1.23

IainC

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just tried it again.. its really bad.. im afraid its gonna just die when i break hard.. if i rock back and forth it just loses 80% of the power when you shift from forward to reverse.

I do not feel secure any more and Hope i can downgrade  

Strange to me, however, seems to continue for more power. At the traffic light and onto the edge of the pavement can be much more brutally accelerate without problems. Also, poor road roads, and at higher speeds not swinging at all anymore .But I have not yet, drive up the mountain .therefore, does not know exactly everything .  In other respects, the wheel looks better than ever !

4 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Has anyone had issues with v1.23 possessing less power from the starts than earlier builds? I have an experienced Customer with hundreds of miles on his KS16 who's reported a cut-out with this latest FW release.

No, not a single thing.  My experience is more like Chriull's and Raptor's, it feels more powerful, especially uphill.  But I also only rode 97 km at 5 rides since I have upgraded (if Runtastic doesn't lie at me).

52 minutes ago, August Y said:

Just tried it again.. its really bad.. im afraid its gonna just die when i break hard.. if i rock back and forth it just loses 80% of the power when you shift from forward to reverse.

Especially this I cannot confirm with my wheel, I can break hard without problems, and if I roll back and forward at a traffic light it feels either stiffer than before or at least the same, it's difficult to compare the latter because I think this haven't changed much.  I also have a testslope, where I could accelerate from standstill uphill in a way, which was not possible before.

So I cannot say anything bad about the new firmware (yet :) ).

On 22.10.2016 at 2:18 PM, Chriull said:

...But 9BMetrics catched a 48,39A current spike...

PS.: Looks like it's time for the highest peak current contest for KS16/18, which the fuse survived :ph34r:

Managed a 54,26A spike today... :ph34r:

YH1Kdwy.png?1

This time it was while going down and breaking to almost standstill... Unfortionately we have no sign with the current, but since the voltage was going down this should definitely have not been regenerative.

I updated from 1.20 to 1.23. No problems with that :). Today I've  made 15km and I "felt" no difference in driving behaviour ... no issues!  After this first ride I also can't say anything bad about V.1.23 !

But ... Speed Limit Decoding has to be renewed :(

I'm a bit late to the game but I've been off work for a couple of weeks so haven't used the wheel.  Commuted in this morning though.  It feels smoother and more responsive.  I did notice that the over-current alarm in WheelLog triggered most times I pulled away.  I have the alarm set to 35A and will try it set to 40A.

2 hours ago, enigma35 said:

Anyone know if this firmware allows us to turn off headlight without the loud "HELLO KINGSONG" audio?

And is there any way to control the side LEDs? Maybe change color or program custom patterns?

1. Via mobile app yes, via buttons on the wheel only yes but with annoying "Hello King Song shout".

2. Yes - 3 patterns available and option to turn it off as well.

On 27.10.2016 at 4:06 PM, Chriull said:

Managed a 54,26A spike today... :ph34r:

YH1Kdwy.png?1

This time it was while going down and breaking to almost standstill... Unfortionately we have no sign with the current, but since the voltage was going down this should definitely have not been regenerative.

There is something strange with that graph. Why is more than 30 A flowing when you are at or very near 0 speed? And why is the current going allt he way down to 0 A when you are accelerating (@ 03m17.00)?

But: Running nearly 55 A through the 40 A fuse :huh: that the KS-16 is equiped with seems like running on the edge of a cliff to me...:unsure:

27 minutes ago, Frode said:

There is something strange with that graph. Why is more than 30 A flowing when you are at or very near 0 speed? And why is the current going allt he way down to 0 A when you are accelerating (@ 03m17.00)?

But: Running nearly 55 A through the 40 A fuse :huh: that the KS-16 is equiped with seems like running on the edge of a cliff to me...:unsure:

KS 16 does not report the sign of the current, so one never knows if it is current flowing from the battery to the motor or the other way around (one can only estimate it by looking at the voltage trend) - so current going to zero could be a polarity change, too.

We don't know anything about if and how this values are postprocessed. When and how often they are measured, if they are somehow averaged or are just one sample at a given time...

So these graphs have to be looked at with much care and not every spike, trend or whatsoever has to have a meaning - it could also be just some "sampling artefact".

We also don't know by now how accurate and "real" the current values from the KS16 are - from different users here quite essential deviations where reported for GW/?KS? wheels in the past...

Ps.: "Near 0 speed" was waiting on the last part of an steep decline holding to a pole - so this "idling" on a decline could have uses quite some current. Also the current going to zero while accelerating could have been a small decline after an incline (or maybe some short regenerative breaking inbetween?)...

• 2 weeks later...

Successfully updated  to v1.23 from 1.22

There was no need to unlock the speed, the settings remained the same.

Yeah, no more flickering  lights and the wheel is somewhat harder to overlean. Got to be more careful not to burn the fuse.

I did 15 km trip and performance was overall very well.

I have also updated to the latest firmware with no issues. My settings also stayed the same. Low speed torque does seem to be better, and the fix for the flickering lights is much appreciated.

1.I have a problem that on my phone  htc desire 630 in horizontal position the ks app disapear. 

2. I also have check ks app vs gps (1s interval ) distances.

So the Ks app showed 31 km

The gps 26 km.

Now the real distance which i can make is much lower then I expected regarding data sheet and Ks app.

Overal I love the KingSong Ks 16C Panasonic 680 Wh battery pack

5 hours ago, Robi Bobi said:

1.I have a problem that on my phone  htc desire 630 in horizontal position the ks app disapear. 

2. I also have check ks app vs gps (1s interval ) distances.

So the Ks app showed 31 km

The gps 26 km.

Now the real distance which i can make is much lower then I expected regarding data sheet and Ks app.

Overal I love the KingSong Ks 16C Panasonic 680 Wh battery pack

Welcome to the pack ! :)

1) Is a known problem of the app. Until it will be fixed, you can add to your Android buttons on the upper side of the screen (where you also turn on/off the WLAN or the GPS) a screen rotate button, so that you can easily lock the Kingsong app in portrait modus.  I would, however, recommend to install Wheellog, which offers better reporting possibilities than the current Kingsong app.

2) Is also a known problem. For the KS16, if you divide the driven distance which is shown on the Kingsong app by 1,25 then you get the real distance you have driven. But this is not a problem of the app, but from the wheel-firmware, and the same values are used by wheellog, and therefore it also shows wrong distances.  Kingsong is aware of this, and I hope this will also be fixed in a future firmware.

With the 680 Wh battery my max distance reached until now was 43 (real) km, which is quite good from my point of view (you should not expect being able to ride 60 km, except if you use the 820 Wh battery).

I wish to have big area to press the horn on a mobile phone screen without to look at the phone in the KS app.  My idea is to buy cheap mobile phone fit to my hand like a watch. So during drive i wonna have opportunity to worn group of people. Some times they walk and talk and cover all wide of a pavement. I set up 1 beep at 5 km/h to let them know that I coming from their back, but some times is not enough :) they dont hear.

I need a time to check that my battery is ok for a distance wich I wonna go. I am lorry driver, use the wheel to go for shopings from a car park on a motoway some time ~ 20 km one way :) With shopings in my racksuck is heavier and that is a return way with lower battery.

Updated from v1.20 to v1.23. Love the upgrade ! On the old 1.20 firmware, the wheel had some sort of wobble in the power delivery and now it's completely gone. The wheel feels more powerful and much smoother than before. I was nervous when I was upgrading, but now I'm glad I did.

On 11/23/2016 at 2:40 PM, Robi Bobi said:

Some times they walk and talk and cover all wide of a pavement.

For warning pedestrians, I have used many signals through  Bluetooth and finally I use the simplest bike bell attached to my finger. 

The most appropriate reaction from pedestrians is from the sound of this bell. Also, it's much easier to ring it without the need to look at any screen while riding.

55 minutes ago, DS said:

For warning pedestrians, I have used many signals through  Bluetooth and finally I use the simplest bike bell attached to my finger. 

The most appropriate reaction from pedestrians is from the sound of this bell. Also, it's much easier to ring it without the need to look at any screen while riding.

I do exactly the same. 

ab86ad5baa.jpegdoesn't interfere with wrist guards either 

Archived