A Comparison between my MSuper V3 and ACM 16

Marty Backe

6 minutes ago, Sketch said:

My wife says our house is starting to smell like a Costco Tire Center.  I guess I better stop buying wheels.

That's so funny. For similar reasons I've had to move my wheels into the garage :(

So what I'm hearing is that there are more wheels than riders around southern California... 

Which means that some of us tourists might be able to rent / lease / borrow / steal a wheel while visiting your awesome state? 

From looking at your valve, I'd say your inner tube is placed incorrectly, assuming that's not just the design of the Msuper v3.  I had this same issue with my NB1E+.  I chronicled my issue here, and it can actually tear a hole in your inner tube that's way too big to be patched, and some others in the thread suggested it could even bend your rim!

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

So what I'm hearing is that there are more wheels than riders around southern California... 

Which means that some of us tourists might be able to rent / lease / borrow / steal a wheel while visiting your awesome state? 

Can't hurt to ask

1 hour ago, codersarepeople said:

From looking at your valve, I'd say your inner tube is placed incorrectly, assuming that's not just the design of the Msuper v3.  I had this same issue with my NB1E+.  I chronicled my issue here, and it can actually tear a hole in your inner tube that's way too big to be patched, and some others in the thread suggested it could even bend your rim!

Thanks for your post. I don't think that's the case with mine. In my case the valve is fully out. But the turn is not pointing the direction that you typically see. I'll have to see what it looks like with other MSuper users.

33 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks for your post. I don't think that's the case with mine. In my case the valve is fully out. But the turn is not pointing the direction that you typically see. I'll have to see what it looks like with other MSuper users.

Have a look at the Speedyfeet review... I recall that he commented on it. 

7 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

10 minutes in...

How does that compare with yours? 

Perfect. Of course I had watched his review but I forgot that he showed the valve so clearly. His looks identical.

As he demonstrates, bending the valve provides better access. From my road bicycle days I always tried to avoid putting stress on the valves (presta) because it was easy to cause a leak at the valve-to-tube joint.  Maybe that's not really an issue with schrader valves and mountain bike tires/tubes, and I should just freely bend the valve when filling with air.

Thanks a lot for the reminder link!

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I've been told they do, and may be getting a pair for my ACM.

Thank you for the info. I will get a pair for my ACM.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I've been told they do, and may be getting a pair for my ACM.

I know they fit, but can't find where to buy them as a set.  I found the newer ACM pedals for sale but not the Msuper.  If anyone knows, please share.

2 hours ago, Sketch said:

I know they fit, but can't find where to buy them as a set.  I found the newer ACM pedals for sale but not the Msuper.  If anyone knows, please share.

See Dion ( @myfunwheel )

2 hours ago, Sketch said:

Archived