My NineBot A1

Mosiah Castro

Hey guys I just recently got my Ninebot A1 and when opening the box it looked real nice till i couldn't get it to turn on. I don't know what to do with my ninebot A1. Ive also charged it for about an hour and a half and still nothing. Can anyone give me suggestion or help me out please. I really wanna enjoy it just as much as you guys. 

Are there any instructions that come with it?  Maybe remove the battery pack to see if there is any shipping tape covering the contacts.  I've never seen a new A1 in person, but maybe they ship with tape to disconnect the battery from the wheel even though it is in place so there is no power to the wheel unless it is removed?  Just a wild guess...  Maybe check with your seller to see what they suggest.

No lights come on. Nothing comes on. Its depressing.  I'm just gonna charge over night to see if it actually charger. I contacted the provider to see what they would suggest. Thank you for your guys help. I've disconnected the wires for the battery and put them back and still nothing just gonna let it charge. Ive charged it for more than two hrs and still nothing. This is disappointing.

There might be some weird start up sequence.  If you watch this S2 unboxing video the S2 beeps until you activate it through the app.  I hope they aren't geo-restricting the A1 as that model is for Asia if I recall correctly.  I think someone in the US did buy an A1 so that's probably not the case.

You might need to download the app to activate the A1.  It comes nonactivated according to the manual.  See page 7 First Use:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0813/2695/files/Ninebot-One-A1-Manual-English_FCC.pdf

It sounds like one of the switches (Handle or Main) are not working, or maybe something inside has come loose during shipping.  It would be odd to have a wire come loose since these bump around a lot while riding, but it Has happened with EUC's before during shipment, so not unheard of.

To avoid voiding warranty, I would contact your seller and ask what they want you to do next.  They may have you open the side of the Main Board, or they may want you to send it back to keep the warranty in tact.

Personally, I'd open it, but that's how I Roll! ;)  I'm not saying you should do the same though.  

10 hours ago, Mosiah Castro said:

No lights come on. Nothing comes on. Its depressing.  I'm just gonna charge over night to see if it actually charger. I contacted the provider to see what they would suggest. Thank you for your guys help. I've disconnected the wires for the battery and put them back and still nothing just gonna let it charge. Ive charged it for more than two hrs and still nothing. This is disappointing.

When you were disconnecting the battery, did you see if the status light was blinking green (or red)?

2 minutes ago, Mosiah Castro said:

The battery was red blinking light.it blinked like 4 times then just turned off. 

I charged it over night and still had the red light on. 

I can't even connected to the app because the Ninebot has to be on so therefore my app can not search for it through bluetooth

Blinking red meas that the battery is DOA (dead on arrival) and should be exchanged under warranty (either battery or the whole unit). I would advise you to take it up with the seller.

Archived