Ninebot A1 doesn't power on

Danieleg

Hi all,
bought a Ninebot one A1 from aliexpress, arrived yesterday it doesn't power up, open panel, unplug and plug wires and it fortunately power on.

So excited, this mourning tried with friend for just 30 minutes and power off.

Everything is ok till I try again to power on, it doesn't power on.... open again panel unplug and plug wire it power on and off for one times, after that never power on again :-(

Seems that there's something wrong, maybe some wire is not connect well but not on battery panel, i think that there is something that doesn't work in the power button.

Is a good idea open all ninebot to check connection on the mainborad or i can try other way to understand what's wrong?

In the back of the battery (I unscrew it) i see a red light when connect with ninebot battery wire (not with charger).

Hope that someone could help me, re-seller is very good and answer me fast but drive me crazy to think about ship in china and wait again it will ship to me.

Thanks

Daniele

You charged the ninebot before?

With "unplug and plug wires" you mean that you disconnected the battery from the mainboard and reconnected it?

That could point to a BMS overdischarge cut-off, which is reset by either dis- and reconnecting the battery from the mainboard or otherwise connecting the wheel to the charger.

Imho the BMS also cuts-off if one of the battery cells has not enough voltage.

Can you measure the voltage of the battery? (Be carefull to not short anything!)

Since you wrote you unscrewed the battery - can you measure voltages inside the battery? (i have neve seen a ninebot A1 battery...)

Can you charge the battery? How long does it take until the charger shows the green light.

My first thought would be that your ninebot has some battery/BMS problem and not with the power button...

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

You charged the ninebot before?

@Danieleg that seems to me the key question, at no point, in your description do you mention ever having charged this wheel. Lithium batteries come at a storage charge of around 50% and this will decay if the wheel has been stored for some time. The wheel needs to be charged first and the charger should have an LED that lights red and stays red for some considerable time (certainly more than an hour) before turning green.

How the wheel charges, how long before the LED goes green, etc will tell us a fair bit about the health of the battery or charger, However the key thing is you should always charge the battery before attempting to first use the wheel or you risk damaging the battery.

Solved...maybe...

After some test with a tester I understand that charger doesn't charge the battery, I doesn't know about charger lights (green and red) when I see green light I think that is on and not full charge...

Anyway plug and unplug charger wire sometimes lights turn red and it start charge ninebot I think could be a charger problem, I'll do some other test tomorrow but now work

thanks all for support

Daniele

unfortunately same problem again, this mourning while riding i see on the app an error before ninebot die, the error is:

BATTERY CELL OF BATTERY 2 IN IN BIG DIFFERENTIAL PRESSURE. ERROR CODE: 35

..I haven't second battery...

On 13.10.2016 at 4:55 PM, Danieleg said:

unfortunately same problem again, this mourning while riding i see on the app an error before ninebot die, the error is:

BATTERY CELL OF BATTERY 2 IN IN BIG DIFFERENTIAL PRESSURE. ERROR CODE: 35

..I haven't second battery...

Interesting, sounds like the new Ninebots can diagnose their own battery packs. From what I understand, the error code seems to suggest that there's a faulty cell (I've seen Chinese translated into English with "voltage" being replaced by "pressure" before), that has very different voltage than the rest of them. Is the wheel still under warranty? Can you get a replacement battery?

Archived