EUC Talent Contest 2016 Winners

esaj

Sorry to keep everyone waiting, I had a busy day yesterday. The votes have been tallied and the count has been double-checked by (at least) three moderators, myself included.

The final three winners are:

1st:  Hirsute
2nd:  Toby Stevens
3rd:  SideStreet Reny

Congratulations to all the winners and warm thanks to everyone who contributed, either by making contest videos, voting and/or giving feedback on the contest!

I take it that @Rehab1 & @Jason McNeil will now take over to manage the transportation/prize money transfers for the winners?

congratulation to the winners and congratulation to the competitors also - you all gave me new ideas.
this was a great contest, only the response / the voting or feedback could or should be optimized ;)

it was the first contest and i enjoyed it... special thank you for enabling this contest !!

Congratulations to everybody! I am very happy to have joined this contest and i hope that there will be other one next year, and the year after, etc... ! Now everydoby have a clear idea of the game, and i'm sure that more people will train to be in next year.

Thanks to all the people who organize, people who have fun looking the videos, people who votes, people who discuss about the rules (even if it was boring on the moment).

Maybe next year other sponsors will take part to offer more prizes, to motivate people (maybe some V5+, awesome little freestyle wheel). I will talk about it with inmotion France. And i will organize this year some freestyle masterclass in France to boost other riders! Go go go everybody!

All the best!

My sincere congratulations to @Hirsute, @Toby Stevens, @Sidestreet Reny for your winning entries! I applaud the countless number of hours of training, resourcefulness and dedication commited to your training as you refined the numerous stunts and tricks depicted in the awesome video presentations!

A very special thank you to Jimmy and Jiliana , (the very first contest entry by their proud dad @Shoe73 ), @Chris West, @JesperF, @WeeJ, @Brian Thompson, and @Tobias Olsen for each of your  talented videos! I only wish there were additional prizes to pass out as each of you deserve enormous credit! 

I will be speaking with @Jason McNeil today to coordinate issuing the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes. 

Best wishes and congratulations again!

Awesome job by all the contestants. I really enjoyed watching all the videos and even learned a thing or two :)

I also very much APPRECIATE the very generous support of the sponsors and admins. Very impressive.

I think what I enjoyed most was the range of diversity, the participation by adults and youths alike, and hope that the entire EUC community can help support more and larger contests in years to come. I also would love to see at least two divisions – one for young people, and one for adults – and maybe one for seniors in a following year. To fund it all, maybe Patreon, GoFundMe, or other crowdfunding site could help.

So, great job everyone, and I hope we can widen the base of support!

Toby & Reny have been awarded the prize money, Hiruste is mulling over the choice of a V5F+ or a V8. 

If only there was a deep laden benefactor who could offer a Manufacturer X-Prize, like what happened with the Commercial Space race ten years ago, where the total amount invested is many multiples of the jackpot—get the manufacturers to focus on the features which might matter most to the longevity & acceptance of Wheels in a regulated future.

• First manufacturer to offer significant component redundancy: MOSFET, MEMS sesnor, survivability of one or more battery cells 
  • Large capacity battery swapping that can be undertaken in under 20 seconds
  • Ducted fan assisted cooling, control-system that is impervious to overheating 
  • Performance to failure margins that are at least 2x greater than anything that might be encountered in the Wheel World 
  • Datalogging directly on the control-board 

Hi Everyone,

Well done to everyone and thanks to everyone that voted for my movie.

Also thanks to the organisers and the people who donated towards the prizes.   I'm looking forward to seeing lots of new movies soon. 

I'm off to buy some sweets with my winnings now, let me know if anybody wants anything while I'm there ??

1 hour ago, Toby Stevens said:

Hi Everyone,

Also thanks to the organisers and the people who donated towards the prizes.   I'm looking forward to seeing lots of new movies soon. 

I'm off to buy some sweets with my winnings now, let me know if anybody wants anything while I'm there ??

Buy some sweeties for us too!   ha ha   Well done!  Wee J and myself loved your video.

2 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Toby & Reny have been awarded the prize money, Hiruste is mulling over the choice of a V5F+ or a V8.

Perfect! Many thanks buddy! Just wondering which model I would select: the V5f+ or V8? Tough decision as I love them both. 

2 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

If only there was a deep laden benefactor who could offer a Manufacturer X-Prize, like what happened with the Commercial Space race ten years ago, where the total amount invested is many multiples of the jackpot—get the manufacturers to focus on the features which might matter most to the longevity & acceptance of Wheels in a regulated future.

• First manufacturer to offer significant component redundancy: MOSFET, MEMS sesnor, survivability of one or more battery cells 
  • Large capacity battery swapping that can be undertaken in under 20 seconds
  • Ducted fan assisted cooling, control-system that is impervious to overheating 
  • Performance to failure margins that are at least 2x greater than anything that might be encountered in the Wheel World 
  • Datalogging directly on the control-board 

Ah... secret specs on your next exclusive Inmotion wheel, the V2000 FX+ 

3 hours ago, Toby Stevens said:

Hi Everyone,

I'm off to buy some sweets with my winnings now, let me know if anybody wants anything while I'm there ??

Congrats you little bugger, I can't believe you beat me. hehe. You deserve your spot "Tight Rope Toby" (still think it's a dope name) you were one of the first people I watched when I started riding at the beginning of this year. Toby you are actually one of my teachers! :) So, thank you for all the inspiration and thank your pop for posting.

Btw you won more than me so you gotta buy me some candy while yer there. :)

When forum members cast their votes and congratulated the contest winners, we all enjoyed each of the 9 participating videos, every one standing out in its particular way. Many of us felt every single one deserved a prize .  We have fortunately received an anonymous donation from a forum member feeling the same way and he would like to award a 4th prize  in the amount of $50 each to Jimmy and Jiliana @Shoe73, @Chris West, @JesperF, @WeeJ, @Brian Thompson and @Tobias Olsen

@John Eucist sat in on the initial decision with the donor and we were both thrilled with his kind generosity! 

Please PM me with details on the best way to transfer the prize money. PayPal would be the optimal method as the donor has already deposited the funds into a PP account. 

What's up with all these crazy generous anonymous donors?  :blink:  Send some money my waaaaaaAaaaaaaaaAAAAAAYYY!!!  Isn't there a most colourful wheel octinarary prize for us Flamebot owners (Too bad Rehabby you sold yours!  No prize for you!)

Seriously though talk about super nice people out there.  It really outweighs the slight negatives that have popped up during the course of this contest.  Too bad the donor(s) are anonymous... Makes me curious about who they might be... Gonna have to do some deep searches on Google!  Someone give me a phone number to start my search!

And just when you thought you lost in the competition you still win!  :D Geez why can't my taxes be like that?

1 hour ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

What's up with all these crazy generous anonymous donors?  :blink:  Send some money my waaaaaaAaaaaaaaaAAAAAAYYY!!!  Isn't there a most colourful wheel octinarary prize for us Flamebot owners (Too bad Rehabby you sold yours!  No prize for you!)

Seriously though talk about super nice people out there.  It really outbalances the slight negatives that have popped up during the course of this contest.  Too bad the donor(s) are anonymous... Makes me curious about who they might be... Gonna have to do some deep searches on Google!  Someone give me a phone number to start my search!

Ha ha.

Wanting to get into the private eye work again eh? Gotta say your previous effort was pretty epic. 

Congrats to all 3 of the winners and all who entered the competition. There is a lot of EUC talent out there. As for me, my talent level tops out at being able to travel forward and breath at the same time. Your are all winners in my eyes. Keep up the mad skills.  

18 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

When forum members cast their votes and congratulated the contest winners, we all enjoyed each of the 9 participating videos, every one standing out in its particular way. Many of us felt every single one deserved a prize .  We have fortunately received an anonymous donation from a forum member feeling the same way and he would like to award a 4th prize  in the amount of $50 each to Jimmy and Jiliana @Shoe73, @Chris West, @JesperF, @WeeJ, @Brian Thompson and @Tobias Olsen

@John Eucist sat in on the initial decision with the donor and we were both thrilled with his kind generosity! 

Please PM me with details on the best way to transfer the prize money. PayPal would be the optimal method as the donor has already deposited the funds into a PP account. 

Holy S@#$!!!! Thanx whoever you are, you are almost as great as sir @Rehab1 (yeah he's been knighted :)). Believe it or not, I actually woke up this morning remembering that I needed to give props to the rest of the riders...   @Shoe73, @Chris West, @JesperF, @WeeJ, @Brian Thompson and @Tobias Olsen. Big-up to the whole crew! See ya in 2017

Wow - very unexpected,  Wee J will be over the moon!    Huge Thank You to the anonymous donor!   

12 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

@Sidestreet Reny can you address my question that I think you missed :) 

I think he mentioned somewhere, not only did it grind down pedals, this kind of extreme riding actually killed the wheel pretty fast. 

Awesome thanks, Juliana and Jimmy will be stoked!

Wow wow wow!!! ty ty ty!! Everyone is so awesome and generous! I'm still blown away that this contest even happened! Big ups to the winners, @Hirsute, @Toby Stevens, @Sidestreet Reny you guys are killin the game! 

On 10/12/2016 at 7:11 AM, John Eucist said:

@Sidestreet Reny first of all congratulations to your win.  I was watching your "slides" with the pedals on your KS and thought they were very original and absolutely amazing.  However, wouldn't that wear down the pedals pretty quickly?

Sorry @John Eucist Thanx for the luv, I am glad some people get it. Sometimes I wonder if folks even know what the hell is happening. ;) So, about those pedals I haven't worn them down too much, amof the pedals far outlasted the the wheel itself! The pedals are still sitting there hanging from a dead 14b....taunting me.

Anyway. I look for places that are smooth enough to slide/grind on and if necessary I will wax the edge just like when I session a spot on my skateboard. Marble is the holy grail, metal is second and the painted curb is cool too but usually needs the wax. No sharp edges!! 

Btw what are you riding?

Archived