Southern California Griffith Park ride on October 16th

Marty Backe

I expect to have my new MSuper V3 this Friday, so I'm going to break it in on some of the mountain roads of Griffith Park this Sunday morning, at 9am. Any wheel with the range of a Ninebot can make one leg of the trip at least.

If anyone wants to join me leave a message here and I'll be sure to wait for you, and provide further directions if necessary. If nothing else you can get a closer look at the MSuper.

Just now, Marty Backe said:

I expect to have my new MSuper V3 this Friday, so I'm going to break it in on some of the mountain roads of Griffith Park this Sunday morning, at 9am. Any wheel with the range of a Ninebot can make one leg of the trip at least.

If anyone wants to join me leave a message here and I'll be sure to wait for you, and provide further directions if necessary. If nothing else you can get a closer look at the MSuper.

you are KILLING ME, Marty..... no one around here rides.... no one has a wheel

my vacation does start friday at noon.... maybe i should fly there and join you

Just now, Greg Spalding said:

:rolleyes:

Cool. Looks like three of us. I told @enigma35 to meet us in the parking lot just north of the Greek Theater, ready to ride by ~9am.  He's bringing a KS16 and/or V8.

Nice picture, and thanks for posting it.

As a group we rode 22 miles, and then I went back up myself and ended the day with about 33 miles and 30% (loaded) battery remaining.

BTW, in the picture, from left to right is me (Marty), Darren, and Carlos.

10 minutes ago, jrkline said:

So how do you like the M3?

I love it. 34 miles on the mountain today with some sustained 22+ mph riding. We rode to the water tank, and I really like how it handled on that steep dirt path.

And the pedals are amazingly comfortable. I can't overstate that. 3 hours of riding and my feet never felt uncomfortable. Can't say that about the ACM and certainly not about the KS14C.

On 10/11/2016 at 6:08 PM, Greg Spalding said:

Ah...you need to teach your wife or children! Much more fun riding with someone now that my grandson can accompany me on his wheel?  Hang in their buddy! I have a feeling more EUCs will be showing up in your part of Florida soon!

2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Ah...you need to teach your wife or children! Much more fun riding with someone now that my grandson can accompany me on his wheel?  Hang in their buddy! I have a feeling more EUCs will be showing up in your part of Florida soon!

30 years of marriage.... my wife couldn't care less... would never ride. will come with me to new place and sit at a coffee shop and read her kindle while i'm riding (that's something, i guess)

my daughter is 22 and is at Harvard.... she won't be riding with me, either

maybe one of my patients will get a wheel and we can start a club... their dad and/or mom, too

that might be something

i hope you are right in your assumption about florida

From left: Darren (KS16), Marty (MSuper V3), Carlos (Ninebot), and Jerry - our newest member to join the EUC community.

IMG_9373.jpg

Darren and Jerry definitely look like *S.C.U.M.M.,however Jerry has no wheel shown in the pic.What does he ride?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              *So. Cal Unicycle Meetup Member

4 hours ago, jrkline said:

Darren and Jerry definitely look like *S.C.U.M.M.,however Jerry has no wheel shown in the pic.What does he ride?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              *So. Cal Unicycle Meetup Member

He doesn't. He just discovered EUCs, read about our meetup, and came out to see us so he could learn more. He's trying to decide what wheel to buy, etc. Cool to see someone at the early stages of excitement. Eventually he'll be joining us.

I'm optimistic that there will be a time that we may some 10+ riders hitting the trails. That would look great.

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

He doesn't. He just discovered EUCs, read about our meetup, and came out to see us so he could learn more. He's trying to decide what wheel to buy, etc. Cool to see someone at the early stages of excitement. Eventually he'll be joining us.

I'm optimistic that there will be a time that we may some 10+ riders hitting the trails. That would look great.

Maybe you could set him up with Questor's H2 if he still has it for sale.Those are good beginner wheels.As for myself,I did my EUC rider duty by picking up John Eucist's KS-16 and helping him make room in his apartment here in Shenzhen while allowing me to be able to continue to ride on opposite sides of the planet.

Very cool. Try and get some pictures of yourself or others riding some wheels. Look forward to hearing your tales of Gotway and Kingsong.

Good idea regards the wheel. If @Questor still has the H2 for sale, maybe @Roll Model would be interested in it as a trainer.

Archived