Gotway ACM 820wh First Impression

I've really gotten hooked on EUCs lately and just purchased 2 new 16 inch wheels.  Today my focus was on the ACM and I thought I would give you my thoughts on this wheel.  The wheel I learned on is the KS-14 ultra and the only one I can compare it to at the moment. Starting with the box, I have to say that I like what Gotway has done with their package graphics. The white Gotway box with its exploded view of the ACM is a nice clean and interesting look. Taking the ACM out of the box was just as impressive.  The weight was not as heavy as I thought and the matte black simplistic look was one reason I pulled the trigger on this one.  No bright multi color text across the case which I appreciate.  The gray side pads are very soft and comfortable.  This is one thing I can't say about my KS14.  I purchased the v2 with 12 MOSFET and pedals with red rubber inserts. These pedals have a magnet which holds the pedal in the up position apposed to the King Song  which uses spring tension to hold the pedals in place. I  heard they now produce a larger pedal that has grip tape instead of rubber grips so I decided to purchase those.  Before swapping the pedals I wanted to give the ACM a ride straight out of the box.  I have to say that you will not get me testing the speed limit on this wheel.  I feel comfortable keeping my speed under 20 mph and feel safer that way.  I put the ACM in Comfort mode and this mode compared to the stiffest setting on the KS14.  The pedals at times felt like they were tilting a bit too much forward.  I may have to mess with the tilt calibration.  I tried the sport or madden mode, but it hasn't felt right yet. Maybe it's because I'm use to the King Song.  I went on an 8 Mile ride and I definitely felt the increase stability of the 16 inch wheel.  Plenty of power on and off road.  I was riding in warm weather, but had no issue with overheating.  This wheel was a very enjoyable and fun experience.  After 8 miles my feet did hurt a bit and were somewhat numb.  I'm hoping the larger pedals will help with this.  Overall my first impression of the Gotway ACM 16 was very positive.  Makes me more curious about the MSuper v3 and how smooth and stable that must be.

54D0AEB3-876B-4043-B10A-0F663B3E1DEE_zpsCCB6FE51-83B6-4263-AEE1-7E590348F780_zpsA380EACC-1CBD-41D3-A287-9F695443A6DA_zpsDCED20B2-2065-4C1F-B0AB-2F75FE38026C_zps

It's interesting that you don't hear about Inmotion V riders having issues with the size of their oval pedals.  When the V5F+ was released I thought it was one of the first things that would come up, but that never did seem to materialize.  I wonder if the oval shape might have something to do with it.

5 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

It's interesting that you don't hear about Inmotion V riders having issues with the size of their oval pedals.  When the V5F+ was released I thought it was one of the first things that would come up, but that never did seem to materialize.  I wonder if the oval shape might have something to do with it.

Or, their riders are too soft, and are wrapping their babies in cotton wool and then dismounting / remounting to go around corners...

If I had a wheel as nice and shiny I'd likely do the same thing!  That oval shape looks to be the bee's knees to avoid scraping corners.  Add to that the extra pedal height, and you've got yourself quite the nimble wheel.  Too had about the strange overload problems though...

Congrats on the new wheel

thanks for the write up and I look forward to a continued dialogue between you and the forum about your experiences on it

I hope you will continue to add more information here in this thread and include some videos if you take some so that we may follow along with your YouTube account as well

the best to you... Please ride in a safe manner and enjoy every mile

Nice first look.

I've thought a little about getting the bigger pedals, but probably won't. I've been able to ride 25+ miles with no problems. I just shift my weight periodically to stay comfortable.

Archived