First electric unicycle recommendations?

KBYD

Good day to all,

I am new here and currently do not have an electric unicycle. What is a good model? Absolute beginner looking for:

-20 km/h speed

-10 km range

-16 inch

-not going off road

-under £700

I am in UK, so something from amazon.co.uk would be nice.

Welcome KBYD,

If you're serious about getting into eucs, most people in here (including myself) would advise you to buy a quality wheel from the start. And from someone reliable, known on the forum and available for help/spare parts.

Im from the UK too - would recommend two choices:

1) ninebot one e+ (www.speedyfeet.uk)

£625 - that's an incredible price

2) inmotion vf5+ (www.wheelgo.com).

£795. Over your budget and only 14", but the best wheel I've ever used (my current.)

Enjoy ?

if you don't want to spend that kind of money a cheap generic wheel can be used to learn how to ride as well, It worked for me, even though I weigh 270lbs and it has only 350W. i bought it 1,5 years old but almost unused, for just 210€.  I guess the previous owner gave up his attempts at learning to ride it.

5 hours ago, KBYD said:

Good day to all,

I am new here and currently do not have an electric unicycle. What is a good model? Absolute beginner looking for:

-20 km/h speed

-10 km range

-16 inch

-not going off road

-under £700

@Paddylaz recommendations are spot on, but if you really want to stay below £700, and still get a level of support that Amazon most certainly will not give you, another option is the IPS 132 which meets all of your criteria although it is a last generation wheel. @Jason McNeil, who has an excellent reputation that both Paddy and I have experienced first hand, still has some in London  at £500, for a reliable 260Wh 16" wheel that is a very good price see: https://www.wheelgo.com/product/ips132-white/.

By the way, not at all sure why you are specifying a 16" wheel if you are not going off road, a 14" like the Inmotion V5F+ Is probably better if used only on paved services and I even do a fair bit of bridleway riding on my KS-14. 16" is the better choice if being used on and off road, I've just used a 16" IPS Lhotz successfully on something that felt like the surface of another planet (well it was Malta!) a story I'll be telling in full once I get the pictures off of my camera.

26 minutes ago, Keith said:

not at all sure why you are specifying a 16" wheel if you are not going off road

I prefer 16 inches for on-road riding. Cracks, potholes, crumbled concrete, rocks, gravel, abound even when riding "on-road." The larger diameter wheel is a big advantage for comfort and stability even if one never goes off-road.

1 hour ago, mhpr262 said:

if you don't want to spend that kind of money a cheap generic wheel can be used to learn how to ride as well

I started out with a TG T3, very economical. I fell so many times while learning, I was glad I was scratching up an inexpensive wheel. I still have it and ride it occasionally. I just looked and saw the current price at Banggood is $236.

http://www.banggood.com/132Wh-T3-Electric-Wheelbarrow-Balancing-Unicycle-15-20km-Endurance-p-949305.html?rmmds=search

2 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

I started out with a TG T3, very economical. I fell so many times while learning, I was glad I was scratching up an inexpensive wheel. I still have it and ride it occasionally. I just looked and saw the current price at Banggood is $236.

http://www.banggood.com/132Wh-T3-Electric-Wheelbarrow-Balancing-Unicycle-15-20km-Endurance-p-949305.html?rmmds=search

every single wheel they sell is SOLD OUT at this point... unfortunately 

5 hours ago, Keith said:

@Paddylaz recommendations are spot on, but if you really want to stay below £700, and still get a level of support that Amazon most certainly will not give you, another option is the IPS 132 which meets all of your criteria although it is a last generation wheel. @Jason McNeil, who has an excellent reputation that both Paddy and I have experienced first hand, still has some in London  at £500, for a reliable 260Wh 16" wheel that is a very good price see: https://www.wheelgo.com/product/ips132-white/.

By the way, not at all sure why you are specifying a 16" wheel if you are not going off road, a 14" like the Inmotion V5F+ Is probably better if used only on paved services and I even do a fair bit of bridleway riding on my KS-14. 16" is the better choice if being used on and off road, I've just used a 16" IPS Lhotz successfully on something that felt like the surface of another planet (well it was Malta!) a story I'll be telling in full once I get the pictures off of my camera.

Hi Keith,we have Germany and Italy warehouse,so we can provide you self balancing electric scooter,USD175/pc for all Europe country Free shipping,pls contact me vias: ranpasales@gmail.com  skype: longjianlin26  whatsapp:+86 13682363601  www.goodhoverboard.com

11 hours ago, KBYD said:

Good day to all,

-20 km/h speed

-10 km range

-16 inch

-not going off road

-under £700

Hi KBYD,we have Germany and Italy warehouse,so we can provide you self balancing electric scooter,USD175/pc for all Europe country Free shipping,pls contact me vias: ranpasales@gmail.com  skype: longjianlin26  whatsapp:+86 13682363601  www.goodhoverboard.com

6 hours ago, Greg Spalding said:

every single wheel they sell is SOLD OUT at this point... unfortunately 

Well, for the cause of electric unicycles and the progress and future of urban mobility it is fortunate :-)

I don't think any seller likes to have a product unavailable and missing out on a sale, so I guess the only thing that explains this is not being able to keep up with demand.

2 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

Well, for the cause of electric unicycles and the progress and future of urban mobility it is fortunate :-)

I don't think any seller likes to have a product unavailable and missing out on a sale, so I guess the only thing that explains this is not being able to keep up with demand.

You are absolutely correct

it is a nice problem for that seller to have

16 hours ago, RobertLong said:

Hi KBYD,we have Germany and Italy warehouse,so we can provide you self balancing electric scooter,USD175/pc for all Europe country Free shipping,pls contact me vias: ranpasales@gmail.com  skype: longjianlin26  whatsapp:+86 13682363601  www.goodhoverboard.com

Wrong place for this. As you know full well and have been warned already ?

Archived