Turning off the LEDs for Stealth mode at night

Juggler

I love the LED's on my Ninebot, they look great at night but I want to ride to the pub at night on the pavement without drawing attention to myself by the police!

Is there a way to turn them off from the App?

28 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Yes.

Light Settings

Tap the Up Arrow

Light Mode

No Lights

Hi, I just looked in the app under light settings and found "Close Atmosphere light" (no sign of " No Lights" )

It does however turn off the lights but only while your riding.

If you stop for any reason, like if your trying to keep out of sight of the local police and stop when you see them, they turn back on!!

I guess a switch in the cct is the only permanent solution.

Thanks

Ok, I can confirm that on Android, the Green Power lights do eventually come back on.  I don't see a way in Android to prevent that.

If you can get ahold of an ios device, you can turn off the "The lamp power switch", and that will make them stay off.

Brake light is off, wasn't sure the purpose of it as you can only see the leds from the side!

I must have a different version of the app to you.

Do your LEDs stay off even when stopped?

13 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Ok, I can confirm that on Android, the Green Power lights do eventually come back on.  I don't see a way in Android to prevent that.

If you can get ahold of an ios device, you can turn off the "The lamp power switch", and that will make them stay off.

Thanks for all your help. I wonder why the app has different settings depending on what operating system you use?

I'm not an Apple fan so won't be able to try your solution.

Cheers

@Juggler, I found that you can turn off all the lights from an older app version - called Ninedroid.

No longer available through the PlayStore but you can find them here:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/79euks8dcj49m/ninebot (thanks @esaj)

There is a "lamp power switch" under settings->other settings that powers off both riding lights and "battery level" lights.

40 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

I hope you find it @Vik's, I didn't see it in the app.  I wonder if it got removed on the latest version?

I think so. I'll try some earlier versions of Ninebot app to see if it's there on 3.1.x or 3.2.x

For Ninebot One, I recently upgraded to the latest firmware and latest iOS app just few days ago. The latest firmware made it run a littler "smoother" than before with default settings, at least in my case.

1. Now, in the iOS app, how do I set/unset speed limit? The max I can see is about 6.3 miles or so if I remember right. It was set at 6.3 but wheel runs up to 12 miles with that 6.3 miles limit setting. Am I missing something? 

2. LED lights indicating battery level feature  is gone? After update, the lights are showing full circle even after 20% battery level.

@Planetpapi do you still have the wobble?  At your last drone video riding on a track you mentioned sending it off for repairs.

Sorry, I use android phone, but one time I thought the speed limiter was turned on and it wasn't, I selected it in the app but also had to tap the lock icon on the home screen to activate it.

@SuperSport uses IOS, maybe he knows why the lights stay full circle all the time.

14 hours ago, steve454 said:

@SuperSport uses IOS, maybe he knows why the lights stay full circle all the time.

I use both, but mostly iOS.  It appears the latest versions of the 9bot app for Android has removed the switch to turn them completely off as noted by @Vik's.

17 hours ago, Planetpapi said:

For Ninebot One, I recently upgraded to the latest firmware and latest iOS app just few days ago. The latest firmware made it run a littler "smoother" than before with default settings, at least in my case.

1. Now, in the iOS app, how do I set/unset speed limit? The max I can see is about 6.3 miles or so if I remember right. It was set at 6.3 but wheel runs up to 12 miles with that 6.3 miles limit setting. Am I missing something? 

2. LED lights indicating battery level feature  is gone? After update, the lights are showing full circle even after 20% battery level.

Sounds really strange. Would recommend to try a "factory reset":

52 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

I use both, but mostly iOS.  It appears the latest versions of the 9bot app for Android has removed the switch to turn them completely off as noted by @Vik's.

Seems to be the case. I've tried versions 3.1.x and 3.2.x and cannot find that option there... Other versions require newest firmware on my 9b1 before I can even use them. v3.6.4 is an exception as I can cancel that dreaded popup message and continue to use the app.

15 hours ago, steve454 said:

@Planetpapi do you still have the wobble?  At your last drone video riding on a track you mentioned sending it off for repairs.

Yes, I sent it for repairs. Hoodriderz.com said they ( after careful review) updated the firmware to the latest and sent back to me. Since then I rode less than 20 miles. I didn't feel wobble like I used to but it's too early to say it's all good. One thing I noticed though, the wheel runs a bit smoother after the update. 

16 hours ago, steve454 said:

@Planetpapi - Ahhh.  I just re-read the posts and see what you mean.  No, the lights should show battery level when you are stopped, not always Full Green.  I agree with @Vik's and think you should try the Factory Reset to see if that makes any difference.  Also, maybe it needs a full charge cycle to start reading correctly?  That's a complete guess though.  Maybe also try cycling through a couple light modes to see if that gets them working correct.

As far as speed limit, have you turned it on and off on the Main Screen also?  Does it not make any difference?  If no difference is noticed between those, then it does sound like your board needs some sort of reset.

NineBot Speed Limit Mode ON.jpgNineBot Speed Limit Mode OFF.jpg

Archived