VOTING IS CLOSED!!! 2016 EUC TALENT CONTEST HAS ENDED!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't beleive my eyes when I see that only 45 members have taken time to vote until this day. What's happen?
Remember this is the first time that such kind of event is organized and just for the respect of people that have made a video and for the ones that organized the contest, YOU SHOULD PARTICIPATE TO THE VOTE.

37 minutes ago, smallexis said:

I can't beleive my eyes when I see that only 45 members have taken time to vote until this day.

Wait how can you tell how many people voted since you're not a mod?

8 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I think part of the problem is "Sticky Post Blindness."  Maybe if the voting thread was in red people would notice it more.

Another way is to keep the conversation going on this thread so it shows up often in the "recent posts".

9 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

It actually shows 46 people voted at the headline of the poll thread.

Oh my bad, I didn't even notice it until now. :P  

10 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Does this forum have a pop up message option when people visit?

Not that I'm aware of.  Since you're one of the most active posters on this forum, maybe you can change your signature for the next day or so until it's over. :P 

That signature is awesome.  Meanwhile I unpinned and unfeatured (temporarily) all the stuff in the General Forum aside from this thread and the actual voting thread.  Perhaps that will increase visibility.  The voting thread has all the links to the other contest threads like the actual submissions and the discussion one.

Unfortuntely on iDevices like my iPhone the signature doesn't show up so I'll include it here in the message body!  I was going to make a sultry, slightly smutty banner, but cooler heads prevailed.  B)  Gotta stay classy and PG-13 :D.

VOTE.jpg

Click me baby. you know you want to!

3 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Unfortuntely on iDevices like my iPhone the sigature doesn't show up.

Wow you're right.  Hopefully my removal of all the other pinned posts will help.  This thread is the top pinned post (of 2) in the general forum.  

Someone's going to win a really nice InMotion V5F+ or shiny, brand new InMotion V8 16" cruiser!  Second and third cash prizes are also awesome - thanks anonymous sponsor - you know who you are and deserve plenty of credit!

@Rehab1 this whole thing wouldn't be a reality without you and the help from all the mods so we can't thank you enough for your contribution and hard work. @Jason McNeil - you've gone above and beyond so often I want to vote you in as President of the United States as you'd be a sure bet over those other two.

It's not whether you win or lose it's how you play the game.  There's incredible talent to be recognized by all the contestants so don't be disappointed if you don't place in the top three as the competition level is so very high!  I consider everyone who has an entry has won already in my mind.  These tricks take a lot of work to perfect, and it's amazing to see them in everyone's videos.  Thank you for sharing them.

11 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

@Rehab1 this whole thing wouldn't be a reality without you and the help from all the Moderators so we can't thank you enough for your contribution and hard work!!!@Jason McNeil - you've gone above and beyond so often I want to vote you in as President of the United States as you'd be a sure bet over those other two!!!

Thank you @HunkaHunkaBurningLove!

The forum moderators @Cloud, @esaj@John Eucist@dmethvin@Jag_Rip@Shoe73 @Gimlet. along with @Jason McNeil have provided significant time, effort and talent to this contest!! The contest simply could not have come to fruition without their kind and  thoughtful assistance throughout the entire process! I am truly honored!

Even though I am not a contestant, which applies to about 98% of all the other forum members, we all WIN!

You, the forum members, are part of a unique community that has opened its' doors to generously invite strangers in to become part of a special group willing to shares their stories, experiences, and personal videos!

You have provided thoughtful riding instructions and tips to members young and old and cared for each other by offering cautionary suggestions to avoid bumps, bruises and serious injuries.

In other words: We are Family!

58 votes out of over 3500 members is a 1.7% voter turn out.  If you haven't already please vote for your favorite videos!  The contestants have put a lot of effort into the videos so the least viewers can do is help put a vote in.  If the US presidential election has such a low voter turn out they might have Trump as president!

If you have voted already thanks for your contribution!

I'm sorry , didn't see it and still I visited this forum many times , you could also give it some more time for voting , first now when I made a search I found this post

I vote for Damien , Viva la France

1 hour ago, Hirsute said:

Thanks @FLASH!

The moderators are tallying the votes making sure they are all legitimate.  I will hopefully will be able to announce the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners soon. Sorry @hirsuite you came in dead last:D

I'm not allowed to vote but I'm wondering whether the jury will take the rules into account.

Like the max allowed time and the use of copyrighted material. I've seen several videos longer than 3 minutes and videos containing music by artists who I doubt gave permission to use it.

Also.. while I have the greatest respect for Damien and being a huge fan I find that he may be overqualified for a talent competition. He's probably the best artistic rider in the world and he's doing commercials for inmotion, which incidentally is the main prize in the completion. 

Anyways, I applaud this competition. It's a great initiative and I hope it will be repeated next year. 

12 hours ago, kmoon said:

I'm not allowed to vote but I'm wondering whether the jury will take the rules into account.

Like the max allowed time and the use of copyrighted material. I've seen several videos longer than 3 minutes and videos containing music by artists who I doubt gave permission to use it.

Please discuss  your concerns with the forum moderators @Cloud, @esaj@John Eucist@dmethvin@Jag_Rip@Shoe73 @Gimlet.

@kmoon judging of the contest results will be done according to the published rules of the contest. In case of controversial or questionable items, forum moderators , who have the prerogative to interpret the results, will make a decision on how to judge.

Being "overqualified" does not constitute valid grounds for one's exclusion from the contest. Damien has the right to be a contestant just like anyone else.

thank you for your concerns.

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Strong words from someone that just joined this forum! If you are going to disparage the credibility of contestants/members on this forum please take it elsewhere!  As for your maladroit accusations you have the moderators full attention! Speak your piece!

The forum moderators @Cloud, @esaj@John Eucist@dmethvin@Jag_Rip@Shoe73 @Gimlet.

Its ok @Rehab1, obviously everyone is excited and the stakes are high at the conclusion of the contest. Gotta have some controversy! Only proves that EUC is the real sport!! I know this contest is your baby, but dont take it to heart. Its ok if people have concerns or questions.

@ Hirsuit it was a true pleasure to watch your performance! Please pass your awesome talents onto the next generation! You have already put a smile on my grandson's face! Take care and enjoy your new ride!

4 hours ago, kmoon said:

@kmoon - for future reference, there are several websites with sound samples, mixes and songs that are free to use, like Jamendo which has "200,000 royalty free tracks [in its] Music library for any project, all rights included".

Archived