1640Wh - 67,2V / 1600Wh - 84V

If the MSuper3 can exceed 45/54kmh but the firmware restricts the speed to 45/54kmh or whatever the firmware's max is, what happens when the rider tries to push the wheel further than that? Does the firmware restrict any further increases in power from the battery to the motor or does the battery/motor simply cut out completely like we are all used to causing  face plants? 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 16bitSprite said:

If the MSuper3 can exceed 45/54kmh but the firmware restricts the speed to 45/54kmh or whatever the firmware's max is, what happens when the rider tries to push the wheel further than that? Does the firmware restrict any further increases in power from the battery to the motor or does the battery/motor simply cut out completely like we are all used to causing  face plants? 

As @KingSong69stated in http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/5333-gotway-msuper-v3-review-over-longer-time/?do=findComment&comment=63951 (lift cut-off speed) the MSuper V3 820Wh (imho a 67,2V version?) firmware cuts off at ~52-54km/h no matter how much voltage is available from the battery (just >20% of "capacity" left). So imho the MSuper V3 820Wh firmware simply cuts out completely.

I got my V3(67.2V, 820Wh, slim) 2 weeks ago and one of my friends got his V3(84V version, slim) one week ago.
His 84V  V3 is probably the first in the world.
We had a long ridding trip(93km) together.

There are two versions from the appearance: slim one with one layer battery each side and fat one with two layer batteries each side.
There are slim 67.2V(680Wh and 820Wh), fat 67.2V(1640Wh) and fat 84V(1600Wh), period. 
However, my friend got a slim 84V(0Wh, don't ask me how). He made himself a 20s4p 1025Wh battery pack.

The similarities and differences(by test and teardown)
- Casing are the same.
- Batteries are different(of course).
- Motors are the same.
- PCBs are the same(by visual inspection)
- Main boards are different. The MOSFETs are IRFB3207 on 67.2V version but IRFB4110 on 84V version. There are other minor differences as well such as they use 1mR for current sense resistor for 84V version instead 2mR on 67.2V version.
- Firmware must be different(guess).
- Overheating problems are the same(also same as V2, I got one as well for over a year now)
- Top speed is higher for 84V version.
- Max TORQUE Is Larger for 84V version.
I'll explain the last point in a separate thread tomorrow.

Edit: add photos.
93km.jpg
93km-r5.jpg

i just read THIS on GotWay's facebook page:

Were selling msuper3 1600wh to most country's for an unbelievable low price.

Why pay for "extras" you dont need or for "extra services" that doesn't exist that just line the pockets of greedy sellers?

Get in contact to see if your eligible and you could be the proud owner of this beast of a wheel at the best price the world has to offer.
Were even $200 usd CHEAPER than aliexpress!!

Were doing this for a limited time so be quick before you end up paying up to $500+ more than you have too.

59 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is ...

Several red flags were raised (by me) while I was reading the above:

The general content suggesting I would be stupid not to do it, and outsmart greedy ppl. Also "see if i am eligible" ????? When I am I should feel lucky i guess.

And of course it is limited and I should be quick about it (do not think for too long).

Mind you ... i am NOT saying that I know this to be a scam. Just be carefull!

By the way, I did not find anything on Gotway facebook page. Can you supply a link?

15 minutes ago, johrhoj said:

When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is ...

Several red flags were raised (by me) while I was reading the above:

The general content suggesting I would be stupid not to do it, and outsmart greedy ppl. Also "see if i am eligible" ????? When I am I should feel lucky i guess.

And of course it is limited and I should be quick about it (do not think for too long).

Mind you ... i am NOT saying that I know this to be a scam. Just be carefull!

By the way, I did not find anything on Gotway facebook page. Can you supply a link?

i would NEVER buy from someone like that.... i was merely sharing what i found on GotWay's own facebook page this morning

at least folks are TALKING about this MYSTERIOUS 84V/1600Wh V3... i guess

The FB post seems to be removed ... Also - most of the "greedy" aliexpress sellers offer free shipping and covering import taxes as well so you need to count that into consideration. Plus many offers discounts from listed prices if you ask or wait a bit for "limited" % discounts offers to kick in.

2 minutes ago, HEC said:

The FB post seems to be removed ... Also - most of the "greedy" aliexpress sellers offer free shipping and covering import taxes as well so you need to count that into consideration. Plus many offers discounts from listed prices if you ask or wait a bit for "limited" % discounts offers to kick in.

makes sense to me... how much easier it would be if this technology we have all embraced were sold in our own hometowns

if only...

thanks for your advice, as always

That person likes to create controversy a LOT.  He's big into nasty name calling of anyone that calls him out on anything, and even potential customers.  He Might actually come through with the items, but he even admits on his facebook page that his personal life is a mess right now to the point he'll be offline for a while because he cannot afford his internet service.  I would be leary.  

@Greg Spalding, thank you for posting that though, as any Deal is nice to know about, and the info you found is good to know also.  That's what these forums are good for, sharing info... ;)

20 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

That person likes to create controversy a LOT.  He's big into nasty name calling of anyone that calls him out on anything, and even potential customers.  He Might actually come through with the items, but he even admits on his facebook page that his personal life is a mess right now to the point he'll be offline for a while because he cannot afford his internet service.  I would be leary.  

@Greg Spalding, thank you for posting that though, as any Deal is nice to know about, and the info you found is good to know also.  That's what these forums are good for, sharing info... ;)

Thank you for the kind words. I'm very lucky to have found this wonderful gathering of like-minded people.

Such a great group of nice folks. I'm proud to be a member.

On the West Coast of Florida, I cannot find a single person who rides a wheel so I do enjoy spending time with my peeps here, very much

15 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

On the West Coast of Florida, I cannot find a single person who rides a wheel so I do enjoy spending time with my peeps here, very much

That's unfortunate.  I know there are quite a few Floridians riding, but maybe not close?  I drive 2-3 hours each way on weekends to meet up with a group from the San Francisco/San Jose, California area.  I'm coming from Placerville, CA in the foothills.  It's SOOO much better to ride with a group.  Maybe schedule a weekend to meet up with a group somewhere between where you all live, it's very worth it!  Only problem is you'll want to go every weekend, and it gets hard to go that far... ;)

I would certainly be willing to drive and I'm going to do a better job of finding people. Because we have great riding weather 12 months he year. I really wish someone would start selling them here and drum up some interest. I suppose that's the sort of thing that might happen in the future, but at 54 years of age, I wish it would happen now :)

One of the reasons I gave up motorcycling after riding almost 250,000 miles over 37 years was because no one did it anymore with whom I was friends and I hated riding alone. Where I live I had to ride almost 60 minutes to get to the safe roads, so there was no fun just getting on the bike and going out in traffic.

I know that my love for EUCs will endure much longer if I can share it with someone else.  My daughter is 22 years old and lives in Boston, so it is unlikely she is coming home to be that riding partner for which I seek :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, Greg Spalding said:

i just read THIS on GotWay's facebook page:

Why pay for "extras" you dont need or for "extra services" that doesn't exist that just line the pockets of greedy sellers?

Get in contact to see if your eligible and you could be the proud owner of this beast of a wheel at the best price the world has to offer.
Were even $200 usd CHEAPER than aliexpress!!

Were doing this for a limited time so be quick before you end up paying up to $500+ more than you have too.

This guy is local for me, and I kinda felt bad for not ordering through him. I ended up going through a different seller in another state for my msuper3. I won't say which as I'm kinda against advertising any businesses in these forums. If you really feel that you need to know which you can pm me. This guy could well be legit but there were a couple of things on his Facebook page that made me uncomfortable ordering through him. Nothing too major, but enough to make me hesitate a sale with such a large amount of cash. Plus I like knowing my seller has a vast knowledge on how to repair my wheel. Not saying he doesn't but there was nothing advertising that he did either.  If it were a low priced wheel, I probably would have used him doing a cash on pick up sale. 

Just my thoughts and I can be a bit paranoid with these high $$$ sales. 

14 minutes ago, 16bitSprite said:

This guy is local for me, and I kinda felt bad for not ordering through him. I ended up going through a different seller in another state for my msuper3. I won't say which as I'm kinda against advertising any businesses in these forums. If you really feel that you need to know which you can pm me. This guy could well be legit but there were a couple of things on his Facebook page that made me uncomfortable ordering through him. Nothing too major, but enough to make me hesitate a sale with such a large amount of cash. Plus I like knowing my seller has a vast knowledge on how to repair my wheel. Not saying he doesn't but there was nothing advertising that he did either.  If it were a low priced wheel, I probably would have used him doing a cash on pick up sale. 

Just my thoughts and I can be a bit paranoid with these high $$$ sales. 

glad you were able to get one

you never know who you can trust, quite frankly

appreciate your reply

10 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

glad you were able to get one

appreciate your reply

Well I haven't got it yet. I'm still waiting for the 84v 16XX version like everyone else. The company I ordered through just seemed more professional and speaking to them on the phone they knew their product inside and out. Time will tell though. Lol. 

14 hours ago, Greg Spalding said:

I'm not even sure it is a matter of trust for me, but rather business sense.  That seemed to be missing...  He might be very trustworthy (???), I don't know.  What I do know is calling well known, Highly Respected, people horrible names in public on FaceBook surely won't help your business in the long run.

50 minutes ago, 16bitSprite said:

Well I haven't got it yet. I'm still waiting for the 84v 16XX version like everyone else. The company I ordered through just seemed more professional and speaking to them on the phone they knew their product inside and out. Time will tell though. Lol. 

good luck

please let us know how it turns out

18 minutes ago, Ben Wilson said:

I just received the msuper3 1600wh with cutoff speed of 41.5mph. Was unable to get the gotway app to pair with my android to change mode. 

FB_IMG_1476238215482.jpg

Wow, that faster than my test at 63.2 km/h. Gotway people said they are working on a new app that suitable for all the new models. In the mean time, they suggest to use the ACM16 version.

14 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Are those safety tethers for climbing / descending hills?  Or are they backpack battery module extension cables for seriously long trips?  Also, notice the one guy wearing a neck brace?  That wasn't EUC related was it?

You are very observant. Those tethers are cables for backpack battery modules(usually 340Wh) neccesary for longer trip with hills. We did climb part of the great wall with our EUC and rode on it.
webwxgetmsgimg (12m).jpg

I didn't ask why the one with neck brace, may be he got some neck problems or protection.

Archived