Charge Doctor V2 – 10A von Hobby Gadget Factory

Gerri

Hi Leute,

nun fahre ich schon einige Monate mit meinem Ninebot ONE e+ und habe auch schon einige Verbesserungen vorgenommen, zb. Gummibelag auf die Fußraster, den Magneten hinter dem Gummi gegenüber der Fußraste neu befestigt, da er sich durch die starke Magnetkraft immer wieder gelöst hat. Wer informationen dazu braucht, kann sich gerne melden

Zur Zeit beschäftige ich mich mit dem Akku. Dafür habe ich mir von der Seite Hobby Gadget Factory, den Charge Doctor V2 – 10A für 33 Euro erworben. http://hobby16.neowp.fr/2016/02/06/charge-doctor-v2-10a-3/

Man kann mit dem Gerät die Spannung und den Strom des Akkus messen und sich die Kapazität anzeigen lassen, die Werte können in einer Logdatei gespeichert werden und in der Software KST als Kurve dagestellt werden. Außerdem kann man das Laden des Akkus früher abschalten lassen. Die Lebensdauer des Akkus verlängert sich erheblich, wenn er nicht bis 100 % geladen wird, sonder ca. auf 90%. Man kann alles bei Hobby Gadget nachlesen.

Leider komme ich im Moment nicht weiter die Werte der Logdatei in der KST Software als Kurve dazustellen. Vielleicht hat sich schon einer damit beschäftigt und kann sich bei mir melden...

So wie auf dem Bild soll das ganze dann aussehen.  

Snap15.jpg

Snap16.jpg

Not sure if I got it right, the google translate of your message is bad, but there are some instructions on plotting the curves in the topic... Also, you need a USB<->TTL -dongle in-between to read the data from the Charge Doctor (at least with V1, haven't tried with V2).

3 minutes ago, Chriull said:

@Gerri bist du dem link von deiner genannten Seite auf http://hobby16.neowp.fr/charge-doctor-graphic-display/ gefolgt ? - dort wird im detail alles zum loggen/grafik anzeigen/etc erklärt... (habs aber nicht durchgelesen - hab keinen charge doctor)

Hallo Chriull, klar habe ich die Anleitung gelesen. Vielleicht kannst Du Dir mal die kstForCD.zip Datei runterladen und es probieren. In der Datei sind Beispiel Logs die man sich im  KST ansehen kann zB. vom Firewheel. Aus irgendeinem Grund bekomme ich es nicht hin, das der Plot angezeigt wird. Wenn ich die Graph.bat starte, die log_FW-260WhEsa.txt habe ich natürlich umbenannt und im Datenabtastbereich die Vectorauswahl hinzugefügt. bekomme nur folgendes angezeigt: Grüße aus Hamburg...

Snap17.jpg

2 hours ago, esaj said:

Not sure if I got it right, the google translate of your message is bad, but there are some instructions on plotting the curves in the topic... Also, you need a USB<->TTL -dongle in-between to read the data from the Charge Doctor (at least with V1, haven't tried with V2).

Hello, esaj, greetings to Finland, from Hamburg, Germany!  
Till present I have still logged no data with the USB Dongle!
Has made friends me for the moment with the service of the load Doctors.
My problem is at the moment which I do not get the data from the log file as a plot curve indicated. I wanted to try out to try the example log from the kstForCD.zip file. for example, log_FW-260WhEsa.txt. I have renamed that in log.txt.
But the plot curve is not indicated in KST!
Maybe you can help me there? If I graph.bat start this is always indicated me. Maybe a video with Youtube is able to do sometimes one high-level store!

I get no plot curve indicated, how below!

Snap18.jpg

10 hours ago, Gerri said:

many thanks of the load Doctor V2 have come with me, I have been glad about it. I have loaded the accumulator of my Ninebot ONE e + with 320 Wh accumulator. At the end of the load, has registered the load Doctor in 3360, AH, and 199.7 Wh. 100% show the Ninebot app., then the accumulator is fine not completely in order?

I do not have data logged with the USB Dongle, however, yet!

My problem is which I cannot show the examples from the file kstForCD.zip, values of the log file in the software KST as a curve.
I have it already posted on http://forum.electricunicycle.org.

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/5502-charge-doctor-v2-–-10a-von-hobby-gadget-factory/#comment-63552

I have made it like in your description, but KST shows with the log to file no curve! Maybe you can help there?

It's normal to get 199.7Wh by the Charge Doctor on a 320Wh battery. It means

1) your battery was not empty when you begin charging (ride until empty if you want to check your battery is really 320Wh)

2) the Charge Doctor's auto-cut occurs at 90%, meaning that you can charge 32Wh until full (if auto-cut is disabled).

About KST not displaying "log.txt" : it is because KST has detected a Deutsch computer and has switched to German language =>  the config file "session.kst" is not understood anymore that's why you see nothing.

Solution : "session.kst" is a text file, open it with an notepad and change all instances of "Colonne" to its translation in German (which I don't know).
As an example, you can see that "Colonne" (French) in "session.kst" has been translated into "Column" (English) in "session_EN.kst"

• 4 weeks later...

@hobby16, Now it is! I have the KST software once again from the homepage:
Https://kst-plot.kde.org/, there is also a 64 bit version. However, I get it now only in English!
Your description change Colonne (France) in spalte (German) , unfortunately did not work!

In the log.txt all the letters have to be deleted, so that the curve is displayed...

The Charge Doctor works as it should! A very good device and for this price, super development!

Can I connect to the Charge Doctor V2 mixte also connected 2 chargers?

Then I have removed the auto-cut occurs limit, but it has not become much more on my 320Wh from Ninebot e+

I also acquired Charge Doctor V2.03. Many thanks to @hobby16 for prompt delivery!

This is how I got it to work on Windows 7 64bit in the German version.

1. Download the software http://opelinjection.free.fr/chargedr/kstForCD.zip
  2. Download the Charge Doctor driver http://opelinjection.free.fr/chargedr/CH341SER.EXE
  3. Unpack the software (unzip).
  4. Connect the Charge Doctor USB adapter to Charge Doctor main unit (watch the polarity!)  http://hobby16.neowp.fr/charge-doctor-graphic-display/
  5. Execute the driver executable and select "INSTALL"
  6. Connect the USB adapter to the PC/Laptop (driver installation should succeed)
  7. Connect Charge Doctor to EUC
  8. Connect EUC charger to Charge Doctor (don't yet connect to power source!)
  9. On the PC start Datalogger.exe and proceed as in http://hobby16.neowp.fr/charge-doctor-graphic-display/ under "Usage:", esp. rename destination file to "log.txt" in Logs\ subdir of Charge Doctor installation
  10. Edit file session.kst (maybe make a backup first): change all "Colonne" into "Spalte" (for German version)
  11. Plug EUC charger into power socket (in the wall)
  12. Rename file "log.txt" in CD directory to "org-log.txt"
  13. Start up graph.bat
  14. Upon startup dialog will come up to set new source data file: choose "Logs\log.txt" from CD directory
  15. Plot should come up nicely. To refresh the total view it is easiest to restart graph.bat

It is important that (a) the proper driver is installed, (b) Datalogger is started, (c) KST actually reads log.txt from the Logs\ subdirectory.

Hi RenaissanceMan, I see You come from Hannover? Then you can write to me in German ... !

Thanks for your description, but for some reason I get no curve in the German version ...
I changed
Colonne of course in Spalte. Perhaps you send me times your KST directory with a log? You send me on: richi23atbossmail.de ... Do you also build batteries yourself? and what Charge Doctor V2 did you order?
Many greetings from Hamburg Germany!

On 29/10/2016 at 10:56 PM, Gerri said:

@hobby16

Can I connect to the Charge Doctor V2 mixte also connected 2 chargers?

Then I have removed the auto-cut occurs limit, but it has not become much more on my 320Wh from Ninebot e+

Not having much more than 320Wh means

1) your battery has decreased in capacity because of ageing (mine has lost nearly 20% after one year)

2) and/or the battery was not empty when you start charging. On some wheels, it's very hard to discharge near 0% because the tilt-up occurs quite early. On the Ninebot battery (15 cells instead of 16 cells on most other wheels)  the nearly 0% voltage must be around 51V, look it up with the Charge Doctor when you start charging.

Not sure I understand your question about "2 chargers" but YES, you can connect a generic charger on the second input of a CD-mixte (with the first input connected to a Ninebot charger), I've tried it and it's ok, you'll double the charge current and divide by 2 the charging time. But be aware that the generic charger voltage is 4V higher so you may have a problem of overvoltage during the "constant-voltage phase" of the charging. Overvoltage on LiIon batteries means overheating, possible explosion or fire, burning down the house, cat and stepmother. Normally, the BMS should prevent it. But to be 100% safe, set the autocut of the CD to "voltage mode" and set the threshold to 60.5V, as soon as the voltage reaches that value, the CD will end the charging session. Then when you charge with a single charger, switch back the autocut to "current mode", since the current threshold and the voltage threshold are stored in two separate memory, switching from one mode to the other is just a matter of 2 or 3 button clicks.

1 hour ago, Gerri said:

Hi RenaissanceMan, I see You come from Hannover? Then you can write to me in German ... !

Thanks for your description, but for some reason I get no curve in the German version ...
I changed
Colonne of course in Spalte. Perhaps you send me times your KST directory with a log? You send me on: richi23atbossmail.de ... Do you also build batteries yourself? and what Charge Doctor V2 did you order?
Many greetings from Hamburg Germany!

I write in English so that also non-German speakers can follow.

Here is my kst file, hope it is of help for you ;)! I bought CD V2.03.

session.kst

And here is the beginning of a log file log1 - Kopie.txt .

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, 9Bot1 said:

I just ordered the charge doctor v2 with double input for an msuper v3s+. Does it work with 84v wheels?

I need one too with double input - where did you see the version with the 4 pins like msuper v3 84v+ has? Can you send the link please? Also, where can i buy a regular charger for msuper3 84v? I have one but i need a 2nd one.    Thanks

9 hours ago, Cloud said:

I need one too with double input - where did you see the version with the 4 pins like msuper v3 84v+ has? Can you send the link please? Also, where can i buy a regular charger for msuper3 84v? I have one but i need a 2nd one.    Thanks

I didn't realize the v3 1600wh version has 4 pins not 3, oops. @hobby16 responded to my PM earlier and asked for clarification on which he should send out and explained the differences. He told me to order the charge doctor v2 for IPS and he will wire it correctly for the msuper v3. You may want to PM him before placing your order. Not sure where to get another charger.

Archived