I thought the alarm was fairly pointless as it only works if you're within Bluetooth range, which isn't very far.  I'm not someone who ever leaves my expensive gear unattended in public anyway.

• Upvote 1

Here, if running the app on the phone when riding, the phone vibrates at the point where the MP beeps.  Presumably you could disconnect the beeper and rely on the more subtle phone alarm instead.  Personally I'm in the camp of those who regard the beep as a lifesaver!

9 hours ago, Ozpeter said:

Here, if running the app on the phone when riding, the phone vibrates at the point where the MP beeps.  Presumably you could disconnect the beeper and rely on the more subtle phone alarm instead.  Personally I'm in the camp of those who regard the beep as a lifesaver!

What does the beeper give you that is so life saving? Maybe I'm missing something important since I unplugged mine. 

• 3 weeks later...

With this modification the peeper is only switched off, if one stands with both feet on the foot plates .
Now he is silent at top speed.

https://miui-germany.de/forum/index.php?thread/17543-xiaomi-ninebot-mini-segway-2015/&pageNo=38

Post 755+757

Greetings Donald

Edited by donaldduck8
corrected link

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Duane J Wylie said:

took my MP apart and now no beeping, no lights, no battery indication unless charging, and no bluetooth connect to app. Is they related Where blutooth sensor?

You might have connected the wires backwards or crimped them when reassembling. 

• 1 year later...

Thank you so much for this.  Took me a while as I went very slowly... but it all worked as you indicated.  It's now silent.  Maybe someday if I find a low profile switch I'll mount one on the fin so I can enable the beeper on-demand.

• 11 months later...
On 4/13/2017 at 4:53 PM, RooMiniPro said:

Ok it doesn't look like Alex is coming back to give us some tips so I went ahead and did it.  Here's a 'how to' with pics beginning halfway through:

SpeedyFeet's video is mostly right, except you do not need to remove the rear bumper and LED assembly, or the red steering column, in order to get the foot plates off. 

Instead of trying to quieten my speaker by muffling it I just unplugged it entirely and I am loving my MiniPro so much more now.  Tiltback is perfectly sufficient to let me know I have reached the speed limiter.  I do not need an embarrassing/annoying BEEP BEEP BEEP all the time.

Here's how to do it:

1. Remove battery (tip: heat the warranty stickers with a hairdryer for a few minutes and pick up an edge with a scalpel -  they will peel off easily and undamaged)

2. Remove the front bumper and headlight assembly by removing 4 screws and pulling off the piece (it may take some force to pull it off).

3.  Loosen the rear bumper and tail light assembly screws (but there's no need to remove that piece entirely).

4. Locate the 4 screws that hold each foot pad in place and remove them. 

5. Now flip the unit the right way up.

6. Lift up the foot plates by the front ends.  The rear ends will slide out from under the rear bumper assembly without needing to remove the rear bumper (as long as it is somewhat loosened)

IMG_7198.jpg

7.  Once the foot plates are off, unscrew the 6 screws to remove the central fin.  Do not pull too hard as there is a wire attached inside.

IMG_7199.jpg

IMG_7201.jpg

8.  Unplug the connector.

IMG_7204.jpg

9. Using a scalpel or needle, remove the rubber grommet to get at the screw that holds the fin together and remove screw.

IMG_7205.jpgIMG_7206.jpg

10.  Remove 4 screws that hold in the blue connector (that looks a bit like a VGA monitor connector)

IMG_7207.jpg

11.  Remove the strip of sticky tape

12.  Unplug the speaker connector.

IMG_7208.jpgIMG_7210.jpg

13.  Tape it to the inside securely.

IMG_7211.jpg

14. Do everything you just did in reverse to reassemble.

15. Enjoy the silence!

Disclaimer: Anyone who decides to do this mod please understand that there may be risks involved, such as not hearing low battery alerts and other alerts. Do this at your own risk.

Just felt the need to revive this post, as I've just done this modification to my Ninebot S with perfect results - thank you!

The beeping was awful; I'm someone with social anxiety, and being the only one riding a piece of unusual technology that most people here haven't seen before is pushing my limits enough already - no need to have furious, loud useless beeping alerting everyone around to my presence!!

In addition, I ride offroad and on sandy terrain a lot, and the beeping is downright obnoxious in those cases when just to roll slowly forward pushes the Ninebot's ability to cope with insufficient traction on a surface & unpredictable spin-outs. The pushback is plenty to let me know it's freaking out.

Thank you again!

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 11:51 PM, kristof_explorer said:

Just felt the need to revive this post, as I've just done this modification to my Ninebot S with perfect results - thank you!

The beeping was awful; I'm someone with social anxiety, and being the only one riding a piece of unusual technology that most people here haven't seen before is pushing my limits enough already - no need to have furious, loud useless beeping alerting everyone around to my presence!!

In addition, I ride offroad and on sandy terrain a lot, and the beeping is downright obnoxious in those cases when just to roll slowly forward pushes the Ninebot's ability to cope with insufficient traction on a surface & unpredictable spin-outs. The pushback is plenty to let me know it's freaking out.

Thank you again!

No problem!

• 9 months later...