This is not good for us Msuper 16xx buyers. Now I'm scared:(

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is already many reports of the control board frying on msuper v3. A russian distributor reported 3 CB failures out of 20 units sold only very recently. Another russian rider who bought 1640 through aliexpress also reported a failure. This is troubling.

also it appears that gotway still doesnt have fuses on the batteries or the CB? 

Also appears that the CB for 1640 version is the same as 820wh version

2 hours ago, Cloud said:

There is already many reports of the control board frying on msuper v3. A russian distributor reported 3 CB failures out of 20 units sold only very recently. Another russian rider who bought 1640 through aliexpress also reported a failure. This is troubling.

also it appears that gotway still doesnt have fuses on the batteries or the CB? 

Also appears that the CB for 1640 version is the same as 820wh version

Hmmh...

while a 820wh version with 16s4p can only generate about 40 Amps...the 1640/8p can bring out 80Amps...

As this board/motor with 12Mos is the same as ACM i can not see why the 820wh version should bring up more burned boards then ACM....i suggest with 1640wh its another thing...

So will be nice to see what then the 1600wh version with 84 volt will produce :-) welcome to the world of beta-testing ;-)

Riding on the edge..

We're unpaid crash test dummies - I said this before.

Properly tested and it would hit the market in a modified version. This failures are easy to find in quality testing if run through defined use cases on a bench.

A burned Mosfet/ motordriver would not be a problem with PLEV standard as you've two for redundancy/ fail over - for reason.

27 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

honestly, i have NO idea how i'll believe these will be any better

DIFFRERENT?  YES..... better? who knows

very, very disappointing.

these wheels are VERY EXPENSIVE

Newer is better by law or do someone change the law? :(

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Hmmh...

while a 820wh version with 16s4p can only generate about 40 Amps...the 1640/8p can bring out 80Amps...

As this board/motor with 12Mos is the same as ACM i can not see why the 820wh version should bring up more burned boards then ACM....i suggest with 1640wh its another thing...

So will be nice to see what then the 1600wh version with 84 volt will produce :-) welcome to the world of beta-testing ;-)

Why do you write 84 V? What is it?))

7 hours ago, Donafello said:

This is crazy.  Now in his unboxing video he had a extra board sent to him so I don't know if he was messing with it or not but this is concerning 

Well from his unboxed video he seems pretty large person and he was riding id deep sand there. Plus he seems to be already aware of the CB issues as he ordered the spare CB right away. 

13 minutes ago, EcoDrift said:

Why do you write 84 V? What is it?))

There is no such thing as "72v" version of V3 - only 67.2V / 1640Wh (16S8P 128 cells) and 84V / 1600Wh (20S6P 120 cells). GW / @Linnea Lin Gotway / @Jane Mo claims both models to have same motors though they're both sale staff so might have no clue what they're really talking about :P 

8 minutes ago, HEC said:

There is no such thing as "72v" version of V3 - only 67.2V / 1640Wh (16S8P 128 cells) and 84V / 1600Wh (20S6P 120 cells). GW / @Linnea Lin Gotway / @Jane Mo claims both models to have same motors though they're both sale staff so might have no clue what they're really talking about :P 

60-67.2 maximum

72-84 maximum???

67.2 and 84 V its max power.

But I can mistake in it.

1 minute ago, EcoDrift said:

I already worked with Jane Mo and director Lin less then one year. And I realized one simple thing - they often do not understand what they write or say.

60-67.2 maximum

72-84 maximum???

Agree :)

Though 67.2V is: 16x3.7V (nominal voltage) = 59.2V rounded up to 60V and 16x4.2V = 67.2V max

84V is 20x3.7V = 74V nominal and 20x4.2 = 84V max

So yes - the standard model could be with "60V" motor and the 1600Wh with "72V" motor to have sufficient voltage even close to empty batteries (and assuming CB is "lowering" the voltage sent to motor which I'm not sure though that's the case as that would lead to additional / unnecessary power loses so it's most likely only down to PWM control).

26 minutes ago, HEC said:

Well from his unboxed video he seems pretty large person and he was riding id deep sand there. Plus he seems to be already aware of the CB issues as he ordered the spare CB right away. 

The control board and the firmware should handle that. Behaviour handling/ tresholdd? Oh sorry we forget that? Couldn't believe that!

On 9/24/2016 at 11:35 AM, Cloud said:

This is unacceptable. This could EASILY be avoided by testing. Why is GW unwilling to TEST its products?

9 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

This is unacceptable. This could EASILY be avoided by testing. Why is GW unwilling to TEST its products?

Because some customers will gladly do it for them and even pay for the "pleasure" ... ;) 

34 minutes ago, Sketch said:

So is the 820wh version proving to have more success and less problems?  Just wondering if there is a version that would be a better bet without having problems.

I doubt there are any differences between the 820 and 1640 models apart of the doubled battery capacity and higher weight.

2 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

They are always rushing to issue the new model, so they can start cashing in on the new orders, so they dont do enough testing and like HEC said, they know that the first customers will provide feedback

Our Msuper V3 1600wh oversea version is being testing at the moment, the first batch will be sent out near this week. Msuper V3 1600wh model main board is different with 820wh version. We tested all models before shipping, but anyhow, it is electric products, some unexpected problem is ineviatble, but surely we are trying our best effort to solve any unexpected problem.

Archived