How have you "freaked out" the public while riding your EUC?

Greg Spalding

57 minutes ago, HEC said:

I've tested V5F+ only briefly but I'd say for you V8 will feel exactly the same just with a bit more "oomph" so there should be minimum adjustment required for any current / past V5F riders.

Thanks! I had a feeling Inmotion would maintain the excellent handling characteristics of the V5F when they designed the V8. I'm sure the sharp turns the V5F allows might be slightly compromised with the larger diameter wheel of the V8. Time will tell. Cheers?

1 hour ago, HEC said:

I've tested V5F+ only briefly but I'd say for you V8 will feel exactly the same just with a bit more "oomph" so there should be minimum adjustment required for any current / past V5F riders.

One of the riding characteristics on the V5F+ FW but not on the V8, is the tilt-back implementation. You can be merrily riding along on the V5F+, then if you hit the max speed increment, even by a fraction of a kph from your previous speed, the pedals dip up quite suddenly, not at a steep angle, but quite quickly enough to make your heart involuntarily pickup by a few bpms. Whereas the V8 is more progressive, so there is less thinking 'am I approaching the limit'? while riding the thing. 

3 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

One of the riding characteristics on the V5F+ FW but not on the V8, is the tilt-back implementation. You can be merrily riding along on the V5F+, then if you hit the max speed increment, even by a fraction of a kph from your previous speed, the pedals dip up quite suddenly, not at a steep angle, but quite quickly, causing your heart to involuntarily pickup by a few bpms. Whereas the V8 is more progressive, so there is less thinking 'am I approaching the limit'? 

Oh boy...I've experienced that one with my V5F+ descending a hill. First I prayed ?? then I had to change my drawers.?

8 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

One of the riding characteristics on the V5F+ FW but not on the V8, is the tilt-back implementation. You can be merrily riding along on the V5F+, then if you hit the max speed increment, even by a fraction of a kph from your previous speed, the pedals dip up quite suddenly, not at a steep angle, but quite quickly enough to make your heart involuntarily pickup by a few bpms. Whereas the V8 is more progressive, so there is less thinking 'am I approaching the limit'? while riding the thing. 

Thats very tue., i experienced it riding Jason's V8 last week.  The tilt back was very mild at first  and progressively higher, but definitely not enough to cause the rider to lose balance. Whereas, when riding v5f+, i felt that one has to be experiencd enough to not get startled by the sudden tilt back. Ninebot riders will probably be ok though, as they are used to an enem more aggressive tiltback.

3 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Hopefully it's possible to get this improved, don't see why not...

i think its not bad as long as the riders know about it and try it a few times so they can get used to it. But of course, to me the v8 tiktback feels a little nicer

7 hours ago, David S said:

I'm curious why do so many people seem to prefer really stiff riding modes?  When i switched to the KS16 it was way stiffer than the solowheel i used before it and after a while of riding both i definitely think the solowheel is too loose but still like some softness in the ride.

For me, the harder the better. When I lean forward, for instance, I want the wheel to respond immediately with forward movement, not absorb most of my lean into sloshy mushiness.

2 hours ago, Cloud said:

i think its not bad as long as the riders know about it and try it a few times so they can get used to it. But of course, to me the v8 tiktback feels a little nicer

I've said that before and I'll repeat it here - each user shall always test the tiltback functionality on each of their wheels by setting it at low speed limit (if and where possible) and perform the test in "controlled" environment (wearing protection and riding in the safe area without endangering others) to be familiar with the process and to not get startled by it when happens for real.

Archived