Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ElectricWheelEric

GotWay v2 factory warranty claim?

Let the numbers talk.   

26 members have voted

  1. 1. Please pick 'YES' or 'NO' if you think GotWay should or shouldn't compensate me for this.

    • YES
      24
    • NO
      2


Recommended Posts

Hi There,

my v2 is not even a year old and already broke down. The axle snaped and I had a nasty fall, injuring my right shouldger and knee badly. I had a closer look and it seems that the axle corroded, but only on the side where the wires come out from the motor, and that caused the accident. How can I get it swapped claiming the 1yr factory warranty? Since the axle is built into the motor the whole motor needs to be replaced. All ideas a re welcomed and appreciated!

Regards

v2-damaged.jpg

v2-damaged2.jpg

Edited by Azuro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope your ok.  That's a shame it happened and it worries me because I have the same wheel? I'm curious how warranty will handle this. And here lies the problem with these wheels.  Being that they are made in China and most people that are buying them are from other countries, it makes it very hard to get anything done. Please keep us posted.  

Do you live in a moist area where it rains a lot? I'm in the car business and we get cars sometimes from areas that are very humid and moist and every. It and bolt on the car is completely rusted

Edited by Donafello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It rains a lot and moisty, yes, but been told that these parts are corrosion proof and the wheel is pledged as IPV40 or what's that water resistancy classification called.

It shouldn't have happened. Already contacted 2 staff member of GotWay, but instead of helping me they keep finding excuses....

This part can't be welded, as it's a special strengthened alloy and even if you could it would be very hard as it's hollow to let the wires through so once it snapped it will snap again I think...

Anyway, my advise to everyone who purchases wheels from far away is to make sure of the warranty process and if there's a legal way to claim it, otherwise you'll be let down like me. I could have more severe injuries, but I was lucky and was riding by the sea on a cycling track and was about to stop when it happened so speed was low. I was wearing helmet, knee & elbow pads but I still bruised them badly and my shoulder.

They should swap it instead of being so negative and stubborn. What's the point of the factory warranty then? How often does this happen? If it happenes often then they should concider some changes on the wheel, if not often then why being so hostile instead of swapping it?

Any idea how to contact the head office or the managing director of the company?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Azuro said:

Any idea how to contact the head office or the managing director of the company?

contact @Jane Mo. But first contact your dealer.

Edited by SlowMo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Azuro said:

I did, she didn't help.

Your dealer  should sort it out if it is under warranty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Azuro said:

Dealer was linnea lin, she found excuses instead of helping.

That is bad. They should settle it  otherwise their reputation would be at stake @Linnea Lin Gotway 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SlowMo said:

That is bad. They should settle it  otherwise their reputation would be at stake @Linnea Lin Gotway 

it's not even a year old wheel, can prove it with the paper. all wheel come with a basic 1yr factory warranty, it can't be without it, can it? it's by law isn't it? i'm not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Donafello said:

I hope your ok.  That's a shame it happened and it worries me because I have the same wheel? I'm curious how warranty will handle this. And here lies the problem with these wheels.  Being that they are made in China and most people that are buying them are from other countries, it makes it very hard to get anything done. Please keep us posted.  

Do you live in a moist area where it rains a lot? I'm in the car business and we get cars sometimes from areas that are very humid and moist and every. It and bolt on the car is completely rusted

Can you please vote YES if you agree? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember @Linnea Lin Gotway Writing something about customer si that did buy from her or not

So @Azuro if you did buy from her see the post here in, I bought my KS16 receiving a 2year warrant by kingsong-france, just having a subsidiary in europe tells a lot on how a company handle his business 

 

Edited by EricGhost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When buying a car in the United States the cars warranty is buy vin number and by person. So a warranty stays with vehicle no matter who the owner is.  The warranty starts when original buyer walks out of the dealership with the car.  And dealers must honor warranties.  And as a American consumer your protected when you purchase in the US.  Now as far as China goes I don't know the rules but I'm assuming the only thing they could hold against you is if the original buyer who is im assuming your seller, bought the unit before today's date which would make it out of warranty.  Basically your first contact  to a factory rep would have been your date and if you could find out from your seller when he purchased the unit then you would know for sure if your under warranty.  You bought the unit in late November. I doubt the seller was holding it for over 2 months but I could be wrong. Now this is the car industry but it's pretty much the same for most products.  I would reach out one more time if you think it's worth it and if you still get no where then look into options of possibly contacting Chinese BBB if that's even a thing.  There has to be a something that governs them.  I consider GotWay a pretty big company in the EUC world.  You look and they are being sold all over the world.  And it seems this msuper 3 is selling really good.  I can understand any warranty claim is not only a expense but also time consuming to deal with, but when a consumer makes a purchase they are not only paying for the physical unit but also the warranty and it should be honored.  You payed for it and you should get it, and GotWay sold it with the promise to honor a warranty from that date for one year.     I'm hoping they do the right thing because weather you bought it from them or someone else, GotWay still was the original seller so they made their money.   A lot of their business is word of mouth and these forums. Word gets around fast. Please keep us posted. 

Edited by Donafello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Donafello said:

When buying a car in the United States the cars warranty is buy vin number and by person. So a warranty stays with vehicle no matter who the owner is.  The warranty starts when original buyer walks out of the dealership with the car.  And dealers must honor warranties.  And as a American consumer your protected when you purchase in the US.  Now as far as China goes I don't know the rules but I'm assuming the only thing they could hold against you is if the original buyer who is im assuming your seller, bought the unit before today's date which would make it out of warranty.  Basically your first contact  to a factory rep would have been your date and if you could find out from your seller when he purchased the unit then you would know for sure if your under warranty.  You bought the unit in late November. I doubt the seller was holding it for over 2 months but I could be wrong. Now this is the car industry but it's pretty much the same for most products.  I would reach out one more time if you think it's worth it and if you still get no where then look into options of possibly contacting Chinese BBB if that's even a thing.  There has to be a something that governs them.  I consider GotWay a pretty big company in the EUC world.  You look and they are being sold all over the world.  And it seems this msuper 3 is selling really good.  I can understand any warranty claim is not only a expense but also time consuming to deal with, but when a consumer makes a purchase they are not only paying for the physical unit but also the warranty and it should be honored.  You payed for it and you should get it, and GotWay sold it with the promise to honor a warranty from that date for one year.     I'm hoping they do the right thing because weather you bought it from them or someone else, GotWay still was the original seller so they made their money.   A lot of their business is word of mouth and these forums. Word gets around fast. Please keep us posted. 

my seller was linnea lin, straight from factory, so it's still within the 1 year warranty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks like it's had a lot of exposure to salt water/ sea spray and it has ALOT of corrosion. I'd say that's your problem. How ever its not a year old and should stil be covered by the warranty. If gotway don't replace the part at least  its not going to install much faith in those thinking of buying. I hope you get it sorted out soon. My advise us keep your wheel inside when not using it. Clean it if it gets salt water on it. Hopefully your on the wheel again soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What was Linnea's argument in refusing warranty replacement?

the axle is kinda thin on the motor wire side, this is a weak spot for many unucycke brands.

what is your weight and approximate total mileage?

id say, if you didnt do anything wrong like excessive jumping, or soaking the wheel in water, gotway should replace the motor.

tehir first reaction will probably be that its your fault, but you have to keep at it, dont give in.

worst case, motor cant be that expensive, perhaps you would have to end up buying a new motor ( which is better than throwing out the wheel)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cloud said:

What was Linnea's argument in refusing warranty replacement?

the axle is kinda thin on the motor wire side, this is a weak spot for many unucycke brands.

what is your weight and approximate total mileage?

id say, if you didnt do anything wrong like excessive jumping, or soaking the wheel in water, gotway should replace the motor.

tehir first reaction will probably be that its your fault, but you have to keep at it, dont give in.

worst case, motor cant be that expensive, perhaps you would have to end up buying a new motor ( which is better than throwing out the wheel)

She said the same what @Thewheeldeal that it is my fault I had an accident. It's my fault I live in the  rainy, moisty UK. I didn't do any exessive jumping, nor rode it into deep water or whatsoever. @Linnea Lin Gotway would be great if you would reply and tell me if it is possible to get a new v2 motor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Linnea Lin Gotway

It can not be your  argument that this kind of corrosion is the buyers fault, or?

if so: I would advice everyone in the UK or in "rainy, moistured country's" to NEVER buy a Gotway again!

If this wheel did not get replaced by warranty, i hope the word spread over social media and takes down the reputation of Gotway a bit!

 

And: I say that as i have just bought a V3! 

Sorry, but things like that makes my angry a lot!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

@Linnea Lin Gotway

It can not be your  argument that this kind of corrosion is the buyers fault, or?

if so: I would advice everyone in the UK or in "rainy, moistured country's" to NEVER buy a Gotway again!

If this wheel did not get replaced by warranty, i hope the word spread over social media and takes down the reputation of Gotway a bit!

 

And: I say that as i have just bought a V3! 

Sorry, but things like that makes my angry a lot!

 

Thank you, I appreciate your symphaty and effort!

Edited by ElectricWheelEric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ElectricWheelEric said:

She said the same what @Thewheeldeal that it is my fault I had an accident. It's my fault I live in the  rainy, moisty UK. I didn't do any exessive jumping, nor rode it into deep water or whatsoever. @Linnea Lin Gotway would be great if you would reply and tell me if it is possible to get a new v2 motor?

That's ridiculous one of the Main reasons I bought a gotway was living in the uk being able to ride it in general wet and damp conditions. It should be able to last a year of this! Don't buy a new motor they should send you one at the very least! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vdubers said:

That's ridiculous one of the Main reasons I bought a gotway was living in the uk being able to ride it in general wet and damp conditions. It should be able to last a year of this! Don't buy a new motor they should send you one at the very least! 

Thank you @vdubers for sharing your thoughts! Much appreciated! Unfortunately I've still not received any reply from @Linnea Lin Gotway nor @Jane Mo. They keep pointing at each other instead of solving my quality problem... :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my take on it, I'm not defending GotWay in anyway as I do think they should help in resolving the problem in some way.

Every car has 3 year or 60,000km warranty. You had the wheel for only 9 months, yes, but the km you put on it is unreal... it would take me 3-4 years to ride that much. However, they way GotWay dealt with many, many problems is simply not acceptable. 

I love their wheels but I have a hard time recommending due very poor cust. support.

I hope they help you fix the problem, cover 50% of the cost or something, but expecting them to replace is not reasonable.

Edited by yourtoys7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...