If you forget about safety, it will remind you...

Cloud

44 minutes ago, egiljo said:

When I ride and see people in front of me who can't see me, I often speed up so they hear the beeps. Then slow down as I pass them.

Sounds a bit too risky for me. The beeps aren't so loud that you notice them at a distance, at least not on my NB1.

I've clipped a small bike bell (the kind where you pull back a hammer and release) to a carbine hook, and whenever I roll out for a ride I clip it to one of my belt hooks on my pants. If I need to use it I just grab down and pling-pling, then let go.

Way more sound than my wheel, and leaves my hands free most of the time.

Thanks guys for the kind wishes, i am totally fine. Its basically just the skin and its healing. Would have been my knees too if i hadnt worn knee pads. I was lucky to have no one in front or behind me when this happened. And hardly anyone saw me, so it wasnt too embarassing.

@DS No tumble. Wheel gave out and i got ejected forward like a rocket. Flew some distance then knees hit the ground, then arms and palms and slid forward. Kinda lucky. In a similar situation in the past i tumbled over , but not this time. Yes smooth pavement in a bike lane.

@HunkaHunkaBurningLove what are you talking about, dude? I didnt notice any douchey response. 

I am mad at you though for having a better reputations per post ratio ...but what can i do - everybody loves ya !

46 minutes ago, Gormash said:

Sounds a bit too risky for me. The beeps aren't so loud that you notice them at a distance, at least not on my NB1.

I've clipped a small bike bell (the kind where you pull back a hammer and release) to a carbine hook, and whenever I roll out for a ride I clip it to one of my belt hooks on my pants. If I need to use it I just grab down and pling-pling, then let go.

Way more sound than my wheel, and leaves my hands free most of the time.

The beeps on the 9bot is lower (mine are) than the Msuper.

I can see the people react to the sound from the MSuper, but then I don't live in a noisy town so this is a influencing factor. I never pass fast even if I have eye contact. As I said I don't want to hurt others.

The bell is a great idea

2 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

I like runbell

https://run-bell.com/

I saw that mentioned in another topic, but there's two problems with that.

1 - Tough to get here in Norway.
2 - If you fall and are really unlucky you might end up breaking several fingers.

I know, having the bell dangling at my hip might lead to injuries as well if I fall on it, but it is much less likely. Also, hanging on a hook it'll swing backward due to momentum, reducing the chance of me landing on it. AND... I have way more fat on my hips than my fingers. Natural padding in case of an impact. ^_^

16 minutes ago, egiljo said:

While we talk about dangers and protection..

Poor ox. I don't know why rodeos are allowed to go on. If you treated dogs like you do the oxen people would cry "animal abuse" faster than you could blink.  :(
As for the idiots in the inflatable balls... I hope they break a few legs. They deserve it.

20 hours ago, Cloud said:

@HunkaHunkaBurningLove what are you talking about, dude? I didnt notice any douchey response. 

I am mad at you though for having a better reputations per post ratio ...but what can i do - everybody loves ya !

:lol:  Ah that's good.  I just re-read my post and thought geez it sounded a little "preachy."  I've butt planted myself at low speed and had a little scratch on my palm along with a small bruise on my hip when I was learning on my generic when I didn't wear any protective gear so believe you me I'm not on a high horse!  I rolled around for the longest time without any pads, but looking back that was probably not the best idea.  Failing off these technical marvels hurts at any speed!  I'm now all about the safety as I don't like seeing my fellow riders get injured so I might rant on about it every so often.

Regarding the rep - meh.  Didn't get any prizes or nuthin' when I hit 1000. :(  I'm trying to catch up on that @esaj dude with the good hair, but I have faint hope of catching up with him.  ;)

• 4 weeks later...
On 18 сентября 2016 г. at 1:38 AM, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

:lol:  Ah that's good.  I just re-read my post and thought geez it sounded a little "preachy."  I've butt planted myself at low speed and had a little scratch on my palm along with a small bruise on my hip when I was learning on my generic when I didn't wear any protective gear so believe you me I'm not on a high horse!  I rolled around for the longest time without any pads, but looking back that was probably not the best idea.  Failing off these technical marvels hurts at any speed!  I'm now all about the safety as I don't like seeing my fellow riders get injured so I might rant on about it every so often.

Regarding the rep - meh.  Didn't get any prizes or nuthin' when I hit 1000. :(  I'm trying to catch up on that @esaj dude with the good hair, but I have faint hope of catching up with him.  ;)

Dont feel bad, i didnt get anything either when i went over a 1000...just dont tell Rehab or he will start donating his own money to reward people with over 1000 reputations. People like him can get taken advantage of easily - he has too big of a heart!

regarding the butt falls - i had one recently - rolled into a russian food store, they had just mopped the floor and it was slippery. I fell on my butt in front of everybody. They all looked at me in astonishment and fear - what am i gonna do next? Am i gonna sue their joint now?? But luckily for them i didnt have my private eye/attorney Hunka with me, so i let it slip :) 

Archived