Best place to purchase replacement batteries?

zwaldo

I'm trying to find the best place to find a new battery for my airwheel q3.  would like to get the 340wh again, but can't find one anywhere....  they did have one at airhweel for 350 bucks!!!! OH mg..that's a lot...  

Didn't know if anyone else has researched this a bit. only place I can find a new battery is from the alibabah website, ( ebay of asia).  

so yeah, any help would..well help.  need a new battery that isn't going to go tits up in a year, or has a history of being a fire hazard...

should i be looking for the 340? or could i buy 2 lower ones and splice them together.....  any help would help.

It's like when you buy a cordless drill for $140, and it comes with two batteries. Then one of the batteries dies and you find out they sell individual batteries for $120. It's usually cheaper to just buy a new tool.

Maybe wheel manufacturers operate under the same premise.

I never trust buying from ebay Amazon or some Chinese sites. Maybe cheap but you never know when it would suddenly explode on you.

You can check out this page. http://www.superwheels.ch/occasionen

They are some Swiss sellers called Superwheel. pretty nice page.  Besides wheels and others they sell many spare parts. I ordered my Samsung batterie from them. They even sell motors, airboard batterie,  wheel tires, and even handles.

I think they are quite trustworthy. You can check out more on their homepage.

On 9/15/2016 at 7:16 PM, Marty Backe said:

It's like when you buy a cordless drill for $140, and it comes with two batteries. Then one of the batteries dies and you find out they sell individual batteries for $120. It's usually cheaper to just buy a new tool.

Maybe wheel manufacturers operate under the same premise.

Yes, by the time the battery is worn out, who knows how worn the other parts of the wheel are?  Might as well get a new and different wheel and not worry, also you get to try a different wheel.  Of course, a battery is only about 1/3 or 1/2 the price of a new wheel, so you would be saving money buying just the battery.  And the wheel may last many years.   If you can find a good replacement battery, please post where you found it and help others searching for batteries.  Probably the safest bet is to get an Airwheel battery even if it costs a little more.

5 hours ago, zwaldo said:

I checked that website steve..didn't get much info on battery replacement 

You are from the USA, or? you will have to search for someone in the US...as the small EUC selling companys in Europe normaly did not have the knowhow how to send big batterie packs oversea by plane! or you choose a good seller from china!

Thsi one here is well reputated in this community and he CAN send batteries, just ask him by messaging for the right type of batterie....

https://de.aliexpress.com/store/1748730

You can find almost any sized euc battery at Alibaba (and the listings may even be for the original sources).  Most of the units are constructed of Samsung or LG cells it seems, and though you can't be sure, I would guess these are being used in the name brand eucs.  The 340Wh is ~$160, and for my 132 Wh Airwheel I can get one for $60 (with ~$25 S&H)

Archived