Comparison of Known EUCs

Lefteris

lxD5lmd.png

There are so many Electric Unicycles out there that the low to average user mostly tends to watch videos about specific devices without even knowing some of the specs. The worst thing is that in many sites, mostly based on Asia (sorry guys), these specs are misleading and tend to exaggerate.. so, based on that thought i decided to go from an idea to the comparison.

I'd like to start this tread to gather up information of all the EUCs that are sold worldwide separated by year of release and i'd like the forum users to help me by submitting electric vehicles that fit a template.

I've found a quite nice, but small, table at the inmotion france eWheels.com site, after @Hirsute shown his latest video (thank youuo0PBEm.png ). That's a great template to base our comparison.

So, to be able to have your listing submitted on this comparison a reply is needed to this thread based on the following template, all are required if not noted.. :

1. The name of the Wheel and model.
  2. Manufacturer 
  3. Date of release, preferably month and year if possible (format YYYY-MM-DD or YYYY-MM or YYYY)
  4. Weight (in kg)
  5. Dimensions (not required)
  6. Tire size (in inches)
  7. Max Speed
  8. Motor power
  9. Max Range (in klm)
  10. Battery capacity and type of battery cells if possible
  11. Maximum load, weight of a rider that the EUC can handle
  12. Lights, head/tail
  13. Handle, if yes type the kind, if no don't skip it just type "No"
  14. Other accessories and features
  15. Photo of the product, maximum 2 pictures, preferably good quality
  16. Video of the product, preferably from the company not a user riding it

All of the above will be accumulated into one big table, separated by year of release.

I'm open to suggestions before we start writing down the wheels.

PLEASE NOTE that this comparison is for branded or at least known products on the market and not "Clones". For the clones i'll create a separate table and if you want to submit your listing for the clones comparison please write it at the start of your post that "this is the -namehere- clone" or similar.

Hope this gets huge and solve some of the mostly anticipated thing on the market, to be able to really "compare" wheels in one place.

Thank you JxruIjS.png

Edited by Lefteros (SomniusX)
added the picture
  • Upvote 3

Post #2, which i'm going to keep as a placeholder for the comparison it self.

I've already started building the comparison table using Google Docs and here is a sample of the template

ZKWDhEc.png

note on head
  • Upvote 3

Great idea @Lefteros (SomniusX) - a table like this would be quite valuable. 

Possibly a few extra data elements should be added though, or clarified...

• Tyre Width (as well as the diameter)
  • Motor Power - is that peak or sustained? 
  • BT App Support for Android / IOS
  • And maybe a photo of the wheel too?

I would also suggest that you remove the range element, as it is impacted by so many variables that it would be difficult to compare accurately...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It has the tyre and photo, see 1st post, about the app yes i'll add it

about motor power we can have a peak/sustained but reversed like normal stride 18 klm and peak 24 klm could be like 18/24 klm

i'll updated it later today

edit: when it gets into a level that can be viewable i can share edit permissions with some of you guys on the google docs spreadsheet

edit for the edit :P

Ah yes, sorry - the photo would be where the diagram is on your sample. 

I think that tyre width might possibly be separate to diameter, as it changes the wheel characteristics considerably. Or perhaps that should be the max tyre width that can be fitted? 

For me the diameter tells a part of the story, but knowing the tyre width tells me what the wheel can handle in different conditions - the 2.5" tyre on my Lhotz gives it so much more scope than another 16" wheel with a 1.95" tyre. 

• Upvote 2

The following would be good to have also:
* Link to a manufacturer site
* Battery/motor manufacturer if known (like panasonic/etc)
* beeping/tilt back speed and if it can be disabled. Example - warning beep 1 at 30kph (beeping+tilt back can be disabled), 2nd grade at 35kph (only beeping can be disabled) , motor shut off at 40kph...
* Links to the EUC's reviews? 
* Also not sure how to express it formally, but if its riding feels smother or aggressive

BTW, using a google table may help to collaborate and track all changes/easily revert something/post media. Also would be good to specify. 

Edited by zhirafovod
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, zhirafovod said:

* Also not sure how to express it formally, but if its riding feels smother or aggressive

Yes, and whether the ride handling is adjustable. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

1. Add size or at least length of pedals and type of pedal surface ( rubber/ metal/ grip tape etc)

2. also, would be good to know if has  safety features - speed beeps and tiltback, and if customizable or not. And maybe maximum customizable parameters, and if can turn off or not.

3. also, may want to set up a line for the other available battery options for the model ( unless you want to take up the entire next column and list that as a different model wheel )

4. Also a field for available shell colors

Edited by Cloud
  • Upvote 1

This would be a good project to stage on Github, if enough forum members know how to use it [there probably are]. The project owner would create a base project document in their own account; others then clone, add to, or modify it, and then send pull requests to integrate the changes back into the master. Another user might fork the project document and turn it into a database , and others might add code to do detailed comparisons off the raw data, etc.

@Lefteris any progress on your google doc? you can just share the link and allow anyone with the link to make suggestions to the doc and accept whatever you deem credible. (and share full rights with whomever from this forum you deem more trustworthy).

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Mishkin said:

I'm new to researching these products and still find the same challenges as the original post - did anything like this (if not this one) ever get built?

Nearest I am aware of is @Jason McNeil‘s site: https://www.ewheels.com/ where he has a well laid out comparison of many different wheels. Of course it only includes the wheels he sells I.e. good quality ones, not stuff like Airwheel for example.

eWheels-Product-Lineup-21-Dec-17.jpg

In New Zealand you also have an excellent EUC representative in @The Fat Unicyclist who has recently set up his own website: https://www.roll.nz/ and a local Facebook group:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/electric.revolution.nz/ . So you should have access to plenty of advice ?

• Like 3

Yay... Another New Zealand rider (perhaps)! And thanks @Keith too, for flagging this to my attention.

If you haven't caught up with me IRL already, please feel free to contact me - not that I'm touting for a sale, I'm keen to just discuss everything EUC and help you make the right decision for your needs.

I've also just started my "World Tour of New Zealand", so if you are in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch then you're welcome to catch up in person and see (or even try) an EUC first hand.

• Like 2

That waterproofing index was interesting. KingSong are the best ones for riding in the rain? Just received my Mten and rode in a huge rainstorm yesterday. Not too far, and everything is fine (as far as I know), but perhaps I should avoid using this wheel when it is raining?

4 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I'm keen to just discuss everything EUC and help you make the right decision for your needs.

I've also just started my "World Tour of New Zealand", so if you are in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch then you're welcome to catch up in person and see (or even try) an EUC first hand.

As soon as I find a map I’m headed to New Zealand!!! ......... SIRI , take me to New Zealand! .......... WOW!! ............ Looks like I need to buy a boat...... It is going to take me a while. What time do you close?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Steef Klonoa said:

The ewheels charts cover almost everything, but one thing I'd like to see on there is how long it takes to charge the battery for each EUC.

Divide the Watthour by about 100-120watts per hour...and you get a good roundabout number for the standard chargers...

Edited by US69
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Steef Klonoa said:

The ewheels charts cover almost everything, but one thing I'd like to see on there is how long it takes to charge the battery for each EUC.

Your charger's/wheels's voltage (e.g. 84V) times the charger's current (e.g. 1.5A like the Gotway standard charger) gives you a number, for example 84V * 1.5A = 126W = 126 Wh per h. That's gives you an idea how much it charges in one hour (126Wh in the example). Divide your battery capacity by that, and you get an estimate for the number of hours.

It will be slower in reality because the charger's current goes lower at the end, so add 1 or 2 hours for the last 10% or so. Also, the battery seems to get charged quite some time longer after the charger light goes green, that adds extra time to get a maximally filled battery.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, RockyTop said:

As soon as I find a map I’m headed to New Zealand!!! ......... SIRI , take me to New Zealand! .......... WOW!! ............ Looks like I need to buy a boat...... It is going to take me a while. What time do you close?

You are all most welcome down here at any time... And give us enough warning and not only will we try to arrange wheels for you, but possibly even some guided tours.

Just don't ask for or expect to see any MTen3's - They have been banned here, as the Hobbits were stealing them at gunpoint sword-point!

• Like 2