Testing Madden mode on the ACM 16

I enabled Madden mode and took my ACM 16 around the block. Achieved ~22 mph, but the acceleration in this mode is noticeable - noticeably great :-)

This is the only EUC I've owned, so I can't provide much of a comparison (ok - I do have a $230 Chinese knock-off of a generic Chinese wheel, but that's really apples to oranges). I don't think you can set the 3rd alarm speed, but I think it's in the higher 20's.

2 minutes ago, OliverH said:

Does it start to shake at higher speeds or is this shadow/ light changes?

I had a slight wobble periodically, but I think it was because my balance was slightly off due to the fact that I was holding a camcorder at the end of a large monopod, shooting the video. Normally the ACM is very stable at any speed, from my experience.

6 hours ago, JoyRide said:

Hi Marty, is it a rear mirror on your helmet? Is it DIY or you purchased it somewhere?

It's the Race Icon Bike Helmet Mirror. Works great to keep you informed of what might be approaching from the rear (cars, bicyclists, etc).

Ok, thanks. I found a similar one locally so I am going to get it. Next thing I have to do is to buy a helmet. I am riding withouth one - I am stupid. But I am to get ACM as well, perhaps already this week :D and want to ride a bit faster with it than I did so far with my current wheel. So, decided not to take the risk anymore and to get properely dressed ;)

2 hours ago, JoyRide said:

Ok, thanks. I found a similar one locally so I am going to get it. Next thing I have to do is to buy a helmet. I am riding withouth one - I am stupid. But I am to get ACM as well, perhaps already this week :D and want to ride a bit faster with it than I did so far with my current wheel. So, decided not to take the risk anymore and to get properely dressed ;)

When I go for any non-trivial ride on the ACM, I where a helmet, knee and elbow pads, and gloves. I figure it's cheap insurance, and it looks cool :)  The thing with the ACM is that's very fast and quick, so you can't help yourself by pushing the limits periodically.

16 minutes ago, codersarepeople said:

Which battery is this? I can't find a 680 wh acm in America but I'm ready to buy when I do.

The 680 version. See Dion at MyFunWheel. I bought mine from him a couple of weeks ago.

7 minutes ago, codersarepeople said:

Ah thanks. He said out of stock now but hopefully he'll get some more soon.

Oh, too bad. I know how it feels when you want something but can't find a place to buy it. I'm waiting for the new MSuper.

7 minutes ago, codersarepeople said:

Dion told me via email they'd be getting the msuper v3s "any day"

Yeah, I'm hoping "any day" doesn't last too many weeks. The problem is that these come via boat, and they probably don't have a UPS Tracking Number ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

@Marty Backe Has anyone received any info on the Msuper v3 arriving?  Are the control board failures causing alarm or are you planning on buying one anyway.  I've been waiting for Dion to get them in for awhile.  Can't seem to find a dealer in the US with 18in wheels.  Was trying to find a ks18 and MSuper v3 with no luck.

2 minutes ago, Sketch said:

@Marty Backe Has anyone received any info on the Msuper v3 arriving?  Are the control board failures causing alarm or are you planning on buying one anyway.  I've been waiting for Dion to get them in for awhile.  Can't seem to find a dealer in the US with 18in wheels.  Was trying to find a ks18 and MSuper v3 with no luck.

It's going on two weeks since @myfunwheel said that they were stateside. Can't imagine what the holdup is. It's frustrating to see the MSuper 3's everywhere but the United States.

4 hours ago, Sketch said:

Can't seem to find a dealer in the US with 18in wheels.

Well I don't know if you've talked to @Jason McNeil but the KS-18's SAY they'll be arriving late September (which is now).  I'm sure he can give you a better estimation if you talk to him.  And of course the MSuper V2's are available both at @myfunwheel and Tec-toyz.  Annoying to buy them when the V3's are out but maybe a good way to save $$ would be to buy a used V2 from somebody who's upgrading.

Im using the app that JaneMo posted on the Gotway Facebook group.  It has only has sport, medium, and leisure mode.

Where do I download the "Madden Mode" version? 

8 minutes ago, h0ts1lk said:

Im using the app that JaneMo posted on the Gotway Facebook group.  It has only has sport, medium, and leisure mode.

Where do I download the "Madden Mode" version? 

"Sport"  is the new Name for "madden mode"!

Archived