My wheel works properly? I'm not confident and need some help.

ogutierr

35 minutes ago, ogutierr said:

Sure :) I've checked the tyre and putted more air (inflate it??? I don't know the right word). Tonight I will ride and I will see the differences between before and after. Now I can't do it. I've 2 years old twins. No time for me. Jajajajajaja :):)

What pressure did you put into it? Did you note the pressure it was at before?

I would warn that low pressure can make the wheel easier to ride in a straight line, higher pressure will make the wheel feel more responsive, possibly it may even feel a bit like you are riding on ice (if, living in Spain, you actually have any experience of what riding on ice feels like ;-) ).

Bottom line is higher pressure will improve range and manoeuvrability but do not be alarmed if it feels like you have taken 3 steps backwards at first, so be careful when first riding it, have a wall or railing nearby again so you can help stabilise yourself. If after an hour or so it still feels unpleasant to ride you probably have the pressure too high.

On 9/9/2016 at 1:31 AM, ogutierr said:

maybe I should buy a new battery

After thinking about it some more, that might be a good idea.  If you can find a bigger battery with BMS, you would have more range and power.  It would be interesting to read about your experience with a better battery.  Measure the room in your wheel to see what will fit and check Amazon or Banggood or Aliexpress.  I have read that the reason some of the Airwheel clones are so cheap is because the batteries are very poor quality, some people have said they can be used laptop batteries.

Tried this morning... 450 meters. Max dpeed 9.99km/h and average 7 km/h and then suddenly it stopped and I gonna forward 2 meters. Don't worry I didn't had a faceplant because of I ride slowly. Then I checked the lights: no light. Pushed the power button:no power. Battery off? Only 450m + some more meters yersterday? 

Now I've powered again after my walk with my children and the wheel has 3 red leds on. 

This kind of battery sucks.

11 minutes ago, ogutierr said:

Tried this morning... 450 meters. Max dpeed 9.99km/h and average 7 km/h and then suddenly it stopped and I gonna forward 2 meters. Don't worry I didn't had a faceplant because of I ride slowly. Then I checked the lights: no light. Pushed the power button:no power. Battery off? Only 450m + some more meters yersterday? 

Now I've powered again after my walk with my children and the wheel has 3 red leds on. 

This kind of battery sucks.

Sounds like the BMS cutting off. If its due to overcurrent one can only restart the wheel by plugging it to the charger or dis- and reconnect the battery from the mainboard. If its due to undervoltage (or overtemperature) of one/some cells it could be possible that the wheel can be powered on again after some break.

How can I mesire the voltage? I put my voltimeter directly in the 3 pines charger and shows 57v

And one more quetion... how can I see the battery? Opening the wheel? Or removing something in the side? I need to check cables and confirm if the wheel has 80 or 132

20 minutes ago, ogutierr said:

how can I see the battery? Opening the wheel? Or removing something in the side? I need to check cables and confirm if the wheel has 80 or 132

if its a x3 clone this should help you - 

1 hour ago, ogutierr said:

How can I mesire the voltage? I put my voltimeter directly in the 3 pines charger and shows 57v

The charging port of the wheel or the charger itself? For 16S battery, the charger should give out about 67.2V, if it's lower than that, it's not fully charging the batteries and then it's no wonder if you get low range.

And one more quetion... how can I see the battery? Opening the wheel? Or removing something in the side? I need to check cables and confirm if the wheel has 80 or 132

It depends on the shells, some have lids on the sides (usually one compartment holding the mainboard and the other side holding the battery), some have separate "inner" and "outer" shells, with the packs behind the outer shells, and yet others need to be dismantled all the way to pieces to get to them (like Firewheels... <_<). This doesn't actually explain how to get to the batteries, but just general tips on working with them I put up some time ago:

Yes. I know that video. But I thouht that it was possible to open one side. The red side of the unicycle you can see in my avatar.

When I said 3 pines charger I was referring to the conector in the unicycle, not the charger .

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again. some days practicing :D

I ride better than before but yesterday I had a new "cut off" and I fell down :( this time I arrived to put my hands in the floor. No injuries but it's so dangerous... at the moment I'm riding near home in the square and in the non populating street, but my idea is to use the wheel in Barcelona from my parking to my job place.

How ofter do this kind of cut off  happend? This week I will receive my new battery (75 euro finally)  because mine only can afford between 2-3 km. I said that it's a second hand wheel: New, but with a bad use of the battery while used during shows, etc.... bad chargingmethos I suppose.

I will write here my impression of the new battery, but I'm very worried about the cut-off.....

regards

Cheap generic wheels will cut off any time the voltage dips, to protect the battery. Invest in a better wheel for your safety, they are pricey but it's worth it. IPS makes some affordable wheels and they have a good safety record. 

On 9/10/2016 at 5:19 AM, ogutierr said:

Sure :) I've checked the tyre and putted more air (inflate it??? I don't know the right word). Tonight I will ride and I will see the differences between before and after. Now I can't do it. I've 2 years old twins. No time for me. Jajajajajaja :):)

good luck

i hope you are wearing ALL of your protective gear.... especially that helmet.....

you have to be around A LONG TIME to take care of those 2 year old twins

that is awesome

Ufff

Friday night full charged: three  laps around the parking. Stop and 3 leds remaining. Only 3.... Sad.

Today: 3 leds.... 3 laps around TVE square.... Facepalm with no injuries because I ride slow waiting the cut off. The wheel has no leds on.  Power on and nothing. Only a beeep fading: PIIIIiii..... Bluf.

Waiting charge doctor and new battery

3 hours ago, ogutierr said:

Ufff

Friday night full charged: three  laps around the parking. Stop and 3 leds remaining. Only 3.... Sad.

Today: 3 leds.... 3 laps around TVE square.... Facepalm with no injuries because I ride slow waiting the cut off. The wheel has no leds on.  Power on and nothing. Only a beeep fading: PIIIIiii..... Bluf.

Waiting charge doctor and new battery

That sounds normal for a generic wheel with a small battery.  I just charge up my Osdrich T5 with the smallest battery, I think it was 132wh, and rode it at the park for the first time in months.  It felt very weak compared to my Ninebot and I had no confidence in it.  Rode it 3/4 of a mile according to Endomodo app, rode through some grass and it shut off for a minute before it would restart.  I was afraid to lean forward to accelerate and only rode slowly.  After going home I took out the battery and dropped it off for recycling and put the wheel in the recycle dumpster also.  It felt dangerous to ride compared to the much better quality Ninebot.  I almost can't believe I put 30 miles on it 1 mile at a time, riding on grass only.

But I think you are getting a bigger battery, and that might all you need to have a better and safer wheel.  I hope you get the new battery soon.

3 hours ago, steve454 said:

I just charge up my Osdrich T5 with the smallest battery, I think it was 132wh, and rode it at the park for the first time in months.  It felt very weak compared to my Ninebot and I had no confidence in it.

I have the TG T3 with 132wh battery. I don't know the distance, but I can tell you after riding for an hour the battery is usually down to 2 LEDs. I also have the TG F3 with 264wh battery. I also don't know the distance for this, but I can tell you after riding for an hour the battery is sometimes still at 4 LEDS, sometimes down to 3 LEDs. I can usually ride about 1.5 hours and have 3 LEDs.

Like you, after being accustomed to a more "serious" wheel (IPS), the TG wheels feel weak and slow. And major tiltback! I still ride them occasionally, but only for short rides.

This battery is deffective I suppose.... The range is too low. At the beggining I did about 2-3 km when I was learning.

Now, I'm able to ride more distance but the wheel stop suddenly like no battery on it.

That's the reasen because I bought a new one. I know and I'm with you on buying a new one with no cut-off and better specs, but my idea was to learn 1 year or less with this cheap one and then, and only when my skills were perfect :) jump to a better one.

This week I hope to get the charge doctor and I will see the info of my old battery. The real capacity, any problem when charging...and when my new battery arrives, I will do the same.

regards and thanks for all your comments.

Archived