Msuper V3 with 1600wh 84v battery and 1640wh with 67.2v battery

Donafello

4 hours ago, Mistagear said:

Sorry for hijacking the thread, was unintended. Delete this post if I'm too far off subject

Speeds above 40kph have increasingly significant problems for EUC riders. You are forced to take a more forward leaning position to counter the effects of wind resistance. This factor will surprise many people as it did me the first time I went beyond the 40kph level. (1200w motor)

By time you reach 50kph, you've assumed a forward stance which is very risky if something goes wrong. Folding forward at your waist reduces the effect of wind resistance but also reduces the leverage on the wheel making it difficult to keep powering forward to maintain speed.

i wore helmet, gloves and motor bike strength jacket and pants, however unlike a bike,the angle you hit the ground is greater due to a windscreen wiper effect when riding a single wheel (more hit than slide) resulting in muscular/skeletal damage in addition to normal superficial knee/elbow damage 

except for organised racing competition, I think all EUC makers would serve their customers better by locking speeds to 35kph or lower

most likely with a 26" wheel your greatest problem is not lack of speed but lack of torque.

A fall at 50 km/h must be terrible, lets hope you recover soon. I had a fall at 25 km/h and broke my shoulder even though one of the areas of impact was the elbow and not the shoulder directly.

I strongly believe we do not need more speed above 25 km/h it is just very dangerous, what is even more dangerous is that as your speed increases your available torque decreases.

From the pictures I have seen on posts the gotway msuper v3 motor looks very similar to the ks18a motor, they are both HS motors, and seem to have very similar speeds, it would be interesting if someone that has the ks18a 1100w and the gotway msuper v3 did a comparison.

The gotway msuper v3 has a very high speed motor at 84V it provides 50 KM/h which on a unicycle it is an extreme high speed.

An 18" wheel to reach 50KM/H has to have an rpm of 583.

at 84V and an rpm of 583 it means a 7 Kv motor, but the speed of the motor is most likely restricted by the control board firmware, for the Kv of the motor is greater than 7 but we do not know by how much.

If we had an HT version that had twice the torque, and half the speed, max speed 25 KM/H, but much better climbing capabilities and much better at getting out of potholes which one of the causes for face-plants.

It would be fantastic.

Lets hope gotway creates the msuper v3 HT HV, High Torque, and High Voltage 84V.

Kingsong seems to have a very similar HS motor on their KS18A, it would also be nice if Kingsong also created a High Torque version.

I personally do not want to ride at 50 KM/h, but i would really enjoy going everywhere offroad with plenty of torque to ride without problems specially in off road mountains.

• 1 month later...
On 15/9/2016 at 5:29 AM, checho said:

If we had an HT version that had twice the torque, and half the speed, max speed 25 KM/H, but much better climbing capabilities and much better at getting out of potholes which one of the causes for face-plants

IIRC, to have a high torque motor, all is needed is to have a higher number of poles (eg 60 poles for high torque, 30 poles for high speed), the length of wire for windings remaining roughly the same. Since the winding of such motor is made manually, the production is quite flexible and can be easily adapted to demand.

BTW, does anyone has the pinout of the 4 pin-connector of the Msuper3-1600Wh 84V, please ? Maybe it can be found on the label on the back of the charger.

I would like to make a Charge Doctor-double-input for the Msuper3-1600Wh and an adaptor to use the Inmotion V8's charger (also at 84V).

It's the same GX16-4 connector as on the  IPS Holtz but I don't know if it's wired likewise. Hope so. Here is the IPS's connector pinout : vrai%20branchementB.jpg

On 15.9.2016 at 5:29 AM, checho said:

The gotway msuper v3 has a very high speed motor at 84V it provides 50 KM/h which on a unicycle it is an extreme high speed.

An 18" wheel to reach 50KM/H has to have an rpm of 583.

at 84V and an rpm of 583 it means a 7 Kv motor, but the speed of the motor is most likely restricted by the control board firmware, for the Kv of the motor is greater than 7 but we do not know by how much.

If we had an HT version that had twice the torque, and half the speed, max speed 25 KM/H, but much better climbing capabilities and much better at getting out of potholes which one of the causes for face-plants.

It would be fantastic.

Lets hope gotway creates the msuper v3 HT HV, High Torque, and High Voltage 84V.

Kingsong seems to have a very similar HS motor on their KS18A, it would also be nice if Kingsong also created a High Torque version.

I personally do not want to ride at 50 KM/h, but i would really enjoy going everywhere offroad with plenty of torque to ride without problems specially in off road mountains.

i am with you with all you said...

I just think that unfortunatly "higher torque"(which equals to higher amps) is not available in this form...just because we are on the end with possible amperage draw with the "normal" v3 and v3s+ versions on the used li-ion system

I just can imagine higher amp draw/torque with Li-po batteries, which are able to give a LOT more amperage than Li-ions...

But that would mean more safety and other charging solutions...and probably a new designed board...and more place for the Lipos and and and....so a complete new design?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2016 at 5:04 AM, EricGhost said:

I'm of the same opinion, anything above 30Km/h is too dangerous for me and I prefer torque vs speed for more safety against hills and terrain obstacles and off-road so that current->torque peaks are not an issue

That is an exact description of my EUC wishes. Why are the EUC manufacturers obsessed with speed? How fast is fast enough for a EUC? I wonder how far the rider's body goes flying when the wheel hits a rock at 40 or 50 km/h! All I can think of is, for some reason it must be easier to achieve speed vs. torque in EUC design.

Just now, MaxLinux said:

That is an exact description of my EUC wishes. Why are the EUC manufacturers obsessed with speed? How fast is fast enough for a EUC? I wonder how far the rider's body goes flying when the wheel hits a rock at 40 or 50 km/h! All I can think of is, for some reason it must be easier to achieve speed vs. torque in EUC design.

I agree, but... (particularly being a heavy wheeler) I would love a wheel that could do 45km/h.

Not because I want to go that fast, but because at 25km/h I would have a lot more torque available than I would on a wheel with a top speed of 30km/h.

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I would love a wheel that could do 45km/h.

Not because I want to go that fast, but because at 25km/h I would have a lot more torque available than I would on a wheel with a top speed of 30km/h.

So you're saying a high speed wheel would also have more torque at lower speeds, that makes sense to me,  Maybe a high speed wheel with bigger battery pack is safer than a low speed wheel if ridden at slower speeds than it is capable of.

But still, a high torque wheel would be safer, even if it didn't have a high top speed.  I think:unsure:

14 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

It depends if you're offroad you might not fly so far because of softer uneven ground and you might hit bumps, stones or trees! At 45 km/h you're moving 12.5 meters per second. If you fly off an EUC at that speed on flat asphalt, expect no less than 15-20 meters for your body to stop and the wheel ending up 30-40 meters away (unless an object stops/impales you like an opening car door..)

16 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

I agree with you, 30kph is more than enough for me. I think the current trend towards higher speeds is a just a response to all our complaints about early models limited to 11 kph. We all hated that, complained about it constantly, and then, presumably noting this, manufacturers listened, and speeds got faster. I for one, will be interested to see where this stops, but personally I'm never going to want any wheel faster than an MS3.

• 1 month later...
On 11/27/2016 at 2:53 PM, nomad said:

In the end of the day I just keep in mind that our heroes over in Asia making this possible for us might have a different view on safety... Hilarious example:

At least it's nice and sterile.

Archived