Inmotion V5 - Issue?

Brandon Yap

Hi Everyone, 

I got my V5 about 3 weeks back and loved it. was an upgrade from an old X3. I was able to lean more and make really sharp turns. Motor was snippy and responsive. Smooth acceleration and stopping. Couldn't be happier. In fact I only fell once and that was coz I went over a bump and couldn't keep my balance after. There was a sense of trust if you know what I mean, between the EUC and I, limits of the turn, acceleration, e-braking...

Last week, I connected it to the app for the first time, and it prompted me for a firmware upgrade, did it and added some custom sounds. That's when the nightmare started. I have no idea whats wrong, it's like the tilt back is over powered, mid turn, i'd accelerate to keep balance and it'd 'shoot' out or start a tilt back where before it didn't. I couldn't even e-brake anymore, the V5 would just fly out from under my feet and I'd land on my bum. 

I've tried fiddling with the app again but nothing seems to help. I can't use the V5 anymore, I don't know when it would give way. I ride around like a snail now, far out from the limits of where I used to know the V5 would let me go...

Any one know what's up? 

Brandon

9 hours ago, Brandon Yap said:

I've tried fiddling with the app again but nothing seems to help. I can't use the V5 anymore, I don't know when it would give way. I ride around like a snail now, far out from the limits of where I used to know the V5 would let me go...

I agree with @Paddylaz recheck your settings.  When I updated the firmware on my Ninebot, it automatically changed the riding sensitivity.  But I can still change it back.  If the settings can't be changed, you could send it back for warranty repair since it is new.  It's possible the update messed up the control board.  Also you could try unplugging the battery for a minute and plug it back in and see if that resets it.  But it sounds to me like the speed limiter is on, when I turn on the speed limiter on my Ninebot it will only go about six miles per hour before it tilts back pretty hard.  There should be an icon on the main screen for that, at least there is on my app.  It can be accidentally turned on.

Archived