Msuper v3 1640wh???

Just now, Donafello said:

On the 820 and 680wh it is a usb but on the 16xxwh they removed it and installed another charging port

Really? Weird. So now question is if that's meant to allow "faster" charging using two charges or if it's actually needed to charge each "half" of the 16xx packs individually / separately ... ?

11 minutes ago, HEC said:

Really? Weird. So now question is if that's meant to allow "faster" charging using two charges or if it's actually needed to charge each "half" of the 16xx packs individually / separately ... ?

@ minute 3:00, definitly 2 charging ports :( ... maybe its an option or customer wish ? don't speak russion so not sure if all the wheels have this ...

20 minutes ago, HEC said:

Good point. I hope you dont have to charge two different packs. But maybe that was a upgrade he requested. Could that maybe be why he had a extra piece of electronics in the box. I'm not sure what that was. It would be great of we can get straight answers from gotway explaining what these units are about. Is it a different mother board and so on?

29 minutes ago, Donafello said:

Good point. I hope you dont have to charge two different packs. But maybe that was a upgrade he requested. Could that maybe be why he had a extra piece of electronics in the box. I'm not sure what that was. It would be great of we can get straight answers from gotway explaining what these units are about. Is it a different mother board and so on?

As far as I can understand him me says that it was on his special order to have second charger port for faster charging instead of the USB port as he don't need it for the phone and that GW did that upon his request. In theory you can do that yourself at home as well as it seems the hole diameter for both sockets is the same.

5 minutes ago, HEC said:

As far as I can understand him me says that it was on his special order to have second charger port for faster charging instead of the USB port as he don't need it for the phone and that GW did that upon his request. In theory you can do that yourself at home as well as it seems the hole diameter for both sockets is the same.

OK. So I'm assuming that the extra piece was if he wanted a usb in the future?

29 minutes ago, Donafello said:

OK. So I'm assuming that the extra piece was if he wanted a usb in the future?

The "extra part" is a extra controller board which he requested (purchased) as a spare part. Those two are quite a "comic" duo trying to get it out of the box at the start ... :D 

42 minutes ago, HEC said:

The "extra part" is a extra controller board which he requested (purchased) as a spare part. Those two are quite a "comic" duo trying to get it out of the box at the start ... :D 

Ok. Thanks. I hope the wheel comes with a usb because when I charge I usually do it at night and just unplug in the morning. my 850wh V2 can be fully charged from almost empty in about 5 hours. So the most the 1600wh would need is maybe 10 so I'm sure

7 minutes ago, Donafello said:

Ok. Thanks. I hope the wheel comes with a usb because when I charge I usually do it at night and just unplug in the morning. my 850wh V2 can be fully charged from almost empty in about 5 hours. So the most the 1600wh would need is maybe 10 so I'm sure

Or you can always get second charger and Charger Doctor (or simply make an adaptor with two GX-16 sockets connected to one GX-16 plug) or get faster charger from aliexpress.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought an 5A charger for my V2 and now V3 because sometimes I ride on a day trip and need fast charge at noon. I've used this charger on many occasions no problem what so ever. I tested the charger with my electronic load which is genuine that produce full 5A at 66.9V. Some friends of mine have also bought the 5A charger.

5A-ch.jpg

2 hours ago, Cloud said:

@zlymex this could have possibly happened due to other reasons but when i plugged in this 5A charger into msuper V2 , one of the batteries BMS got messed up and the battery was overheating like there is no tomorrow. Just fyi

Sad to hear that. My V2 is 16s5p while my V3 is 16s4p.

Archived