HEC

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

In order to conduct a fair and unbiased contest  EUC Forum members who wish to cast votes for their favorite contestant's video must have been a member of the EUC Forum for a minimum of  1 month beginning July 1, 2016 and must also have at least 5 positive reputations. 

As this is a bit ambiguous - do you need to be member of minimum one month at July 1 - or from July 1 - e.g. 1 month at August 1?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@HEC Sorry...this does require further explanation. Rules will now read:

In order to conduct a fair and unbiased contest  EUC Forum members who wish to cast votes for their favorite contestant's video must have been a member of the EUC Forum for at least 1 month prior to the start of the contest and must also have at least 5 positive reputations.   

Great!  I guess that we will see a lot of beautiful things !!!! Thanks to organize this!

Can we just edit a music on the video (without editing video)? It would be great to have quality sound on the videos...

Anyone can explain how we can include time stamp and date?

what is "maneuvers"?

14 minutes ago, Hirsute said:

Anyone can explain how we can include time stamp and date?

That's usually feature of the camera which will embed the date & time in the actual video recording.

14 minutes ago, Hirsute said:

what is "maneuvers"?

Moves or tricks - just another synonym.

@Hirsute 2 very good questions!  A few little rule tweaks here and there before the start of the contest. 

Yes music can be added. Also here is a link to a video featuring a Gopro camera being set up for Date and Time stamp.

http://search.aol.com/aol/video?q=gopro+camera+with+date+time+stamp+feature&v_t=client97_searchbox

I will update the rules!

Many thanks for your kind input! Hope to see you in the competition! 

34 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Also here is a link to a video featuring a Gopro camera being set up for Date and Time stamp.

http://search.aol.com/aol/video?q=gopro+camera+with+date+time+stamp+feature&v_t=client97_searchbox

I will update the rules!

Many thanks for your kind input! Hope to see you in the competition! 

Does someone knows if something like this exist for a dji Osmo?

2 hours ago, Hirsute said:

Does someone knows if something like this exist for a dji Osmo?

I can check for you once I'll get home ... ;)

EDIT:

So I went through all the settings and it seems there is no option to embed the time stamp in videos or pictures, it only tags it in EXIFF data. Also unfortunatelly OSMO doesn't have internal RTC so after powering it off it will loose time and it needs to re-connnect to DJI Go mobile app to update time again :( IMO major design oversight from DJI. So it looks like you're out of luck here @Hirsute ...

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Not familar with the camera. Does this help?  http://www.djiguys.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4572

As this might be an issue with other cameras as well (and frankly if someone would like to "cheat" it would not be such big problem to add "fake" time stamps in postproduction software) maybe this particular requirment might be re-considered? You shall be still able to see any obvious scene-cuts in the video and I doubt anyone will go the lengths to fake the video using some advanced "terminator" style CGI ;)

3 minutes ago, esaj said:

One "old world" trick to prove date of video is to show the frontpage of some (well-known) daily newspaper at the start of the video... just a though   :P 

Or simply start video by taking look at screen or printout of this thread ;)

2 minutes ago, HEC said:

Or simply start video by taking look at screen or printout of this thread ;)

We could also post a random "keyword" in the video thread at 1st of August that could be written with a marker on a piece of paper, and the contestant would show it at start of the video to prove that it was shot after posting... ;)   Simply something that can't be guessed beforehand (I've got a wild imagination :P EDIT: Although maybe a bit dirty one).

6 minutes ago, esaj said:

We could also post a random "keyword" in the video thread at 1st of August that could be written with a marker on a piece of paper, and the contestant would show it at start of the video to prove that it was shot after posting... ;)   Simply something that can't be guessed beforehand (I've got a wild imagination :P).

Ha ha - I've got one: Popocatépetl :D

But I guess some random number would do too ...

Am I allowed to pay someone $100 (like that Ewheelmotion or TodoNinebot dude) to do a video for me and submit it?  I don't got any mad skilz :(, but I want to join the V5F+ club.  :D  Or better yet is there a special "Best Flame Edition Ninebot Rolling Around Boringly" category that I can enter to win something?  I wanna piece of the action!!! :blink:

19 minutes ago, Cloud said:

i confused the threads. So just deleted this content from my post above

Well - now you've leaked that in advance :P Also the problem with showing or doing / saying anything at the "start" of the video is that someone might be trying a specific trick several times while constatnly recording (not everyone would have a full time "cameraman / woman" to chase them around so they would not know in advance which (part of the) shot will be in the end used in the competition so it might be quite tricky as the final video would be most likely taken out from larger recorded footage. So apart of wearing something clearly vissible / identifiable during the whole recording session I'm not sure how to guarantee the "visual" identification.

Another "issue" is that most of the "action" cameras is using FAT formated memory cards meaning that it "chops" video in 4 GB bits (anything between 10 - 20 minutes depending on resolution, frame rate, quality etc.) which might result in unwanted "cut" in the middle of the trick.

Actually, one thing that the rules don't take account for is multiple videos... if you shoot one, and then shoot a better one (both during the contest period), how does it work? The first video doesn't count and the second one is used for voting? Or just the first video? ;)

I wouldn't personally mind if the contestant shot another video and then published that (too), but only one video should count for the contest (or otherwise we have people with 4 x 3 minute videos showing different tricks :P). So probably only the "last one" should count? We could post links (embeds) to all the (single) videos of the contestants in the voting-thread, once the polling starts. Of course only one per person taking part (probably the last one they've published?).

@Rehab1?

5 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Am I allowed to pay someone $100 (like that Ewheelmotion or TodoNinebot dude) to do a video for me and submit it?  I don't got any mad skilz :(, but I want to join the V5F+ club.  :D  Or better yet is there a special "Best Flame Edition Ninebot Rolling Around Boringly" category that I can enter to win something?  I wanna piece of the action!!! :blink:

That I believe contradicts point 4) of conditions ;) Though you might pay someone a bit more to train you - you have whole 2 months :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I think this might work...a bib the contestant wears depicting both the user name and date https://worldcupsupply.com/product-category/numbers-bibs-pinnies/bibs/ski-bibs/

What about bib with built in LED clock? Though someone would most likely cause a panic by wearing that and get bomb squad summoned :D 

Archived