V5F+ What's the best "Pedal Horizontal Adjustment" setting?

Adam Lux

54 minutes ago, Planetpapi said:

Did anyone try the maximum range test on plain roads ( no hills) with inMotionV5F+? Do we get 18 miles at least?

I have V5F+ but does this wheel have 460 wh battery capacity? If that is true then we should get around 30 miles range according to Jason's comparison chart. Any thoughts?

Most certainly you won't get 30 miles range out of V5F+, but from my experience 20 miles is totally achievable on plain roads (with around 15% battery left - 80kg rider).

I'm about 70kg and my V5F+ is 7 months old so the batteries should be in pretty good shape still, but I've used the wheel a lot! I think it should be 90-95% of new capacity, even with my heavy usage, it's hard to notice any dropped capacity so far, maybe after a full year it's noticeable. I now have over 4000km mileage already, that's more than 100 full charge cycles. I try not to keep the batteries fully charged all the time. But I need the full range so can not limit charge with a hobby16 Charge Doctor v2.. It's not the best for battery lifespan with 100% voltage... If possible it's better to keep batteries between 20-80% charge when being used. When not being used around 40% ideally. I won't know for sure before it gets warmer here again, but the range I count on have been like this for me: -15C=15km, -5C=20km, +5C=25km, +15C=30km, +25C=35km

Man, that weather looks perfect for wheelin' around! No, I'm not jealous at all! :D B)

2 hours ago, Planetpapi said:

Where do I find how much tire pressure for V5F+?

Look at the sidewall of the tire. Mine says 35-45 psi (I think).

2 hours ago, Planetpapi said:

Also some of you mention "2 bars", "3 bars" for tire pressure. Is that how yo do it in Europe?

Exactly right, my friend. A bar is a hundred kilopascals, about one atmosphere of pressure. 2 bar is about 29 psi and 3 bar is about 43½ psi. Just type "X bar to psi" (or vice versa) into google, and it will tell you the answer. :)

I like comfort, so I never pump it up to more than about 40-45 psi or so. Having a lower pressure also means I don't have to pump the wheel very often. Basically, I take the pump out when I'm getting close to hitting the rim while going up curbs.

1 hour ago, thefork said:

Having a lower pressure also means I don't have to pump the wheel very often.

I always thought of it the other way around: having a low pressure requires more frequent monitoring to remain in the OK-zone for preventing punch punctures and rim damage.

5 minutes ago, Mono said:

I always thought of it the other way around: having a low pressure requires more frequent monitoring to remain in the OK-zone for preventing punch punctures and rim damage.

Well, I think that depends on how big your acceptable pressure range (max - min) is. What I meant was that if you prefer low pressure over high pressure, you will be pumping the tire less often, since tires tend to leak at a higher rate when they're at a higher pressure. Of course, if you don't care what the pressure is then, by all means, pump it up just shy of exploding and then leave it be until the tire is so deflated you risk damaging it (or the inner tube) when going over rocks and curbs and such. Then maybe you only have to inflate every few years or so. Naturally, there would be some kind of curve between extremes here. :)

Personally, my acceptable range is probably on the broad side. (Not at all because I'm lazy. Not at all...)

20 minutes ago, thefork said:

since tires tend to leak at a higher rate when they're at a higher pressure

Is this really relevant? I mean, do you have the numbers how long it takes to leak from 4 bar to 3.5 bar compared to 3.0 bar to 2.5 bar?

21 minutes ago, Mono said:

Is this really relevant? I mean, do you have the numbers how long it takes to leak from 4 bar to 3.5 bar compared to 3.0 bar to 2.5 bar?

If it's true then yes, I would say that it's highly relevant. I don't have any numbers, but my combined experience with tires so far is telling me that it's true. I won't try to force you to believe me. ^_^

I'm totally impressed with V5F+. The inner components are truly a work of art, even though I don't understand circuit boards etc. Very clean and thoughtful. 

This is the difference between a committed manufacturer vs a fly by night shop. Everything seems in place and well thought. No exposed wires or hot glue on the control board here.

Check the video. Forget about the tire changing title. Just the casings and other parts are awesome inside too.

Archived