Aw Man I Hate Youtube.

8 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Ahh you might be waiting for a looooong time.... :blink:  <Goes to Google Magnetic Boots and diaper pants...>  How the heck did they even build that track???

The-railway-runs-along-a-rocky-ledge.jpg

I hope to god the builders were better at specifying motor cables than GotWay! ;)

Edited by WARPed1701D
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As I understand it, the goal for that Boston Dynamics robot is to be a "pack animal" for soldiers. Their previous models used gas engines which were incredibly noisy and of course that's not good if there are enemy troops around. However, the troops tend to have gasoline in their supply chain and it's quick to fill a tank. These new battery powered models are going to present new challenges. For example, if someone hits a gas tank with a bullet you can whack some tape over it and keep going. If they hit your Li-Ion battery you're gonna have a bad time.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dmethvin said:

As I understand it, the goal for that Boston Dynamics robot is to be a "pack animal" for soldiers. Their previous models used gas engines which were incredibly noisy and of course that's not good if there are enemy troops around. However, the troops tend to have gasoline in their supply chain and it's quick to fill a tank. These new battery powered models are going to present new challenges. For example, if someone hits a gas tank with a bullet you can whack some tape over it and keep going. If they hit your Li-Ion battery you're gonna have a bad time.

Maybe in the grand scheme of things, a destroyed robot, drone, etc., is better than a killed soldier. So even if they are more vulnerable, they can be more readily replaced than a person (at least in first world countries where life is valued more by their governments).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Now I have a craving for Crepes Suzette :dribble:!  And I want me some cats instead of a lightning cable slicing crazed rabbit :eff0541f4a: !  Seriously, 5 seconds to go grab some carrot sticks from the frig, and sure enough this bunny has snipped the charging cable to my iPhone.  :shock2:  What goes through that walnut sized brain???  It's like having a mobile wire cutter!  :crying: Whyyyy!

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love

33 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Omigod these two are a perfect couple.  :efeeec645d:  Try not to smile while watching this one...  Makes you want to fall in love all over again...

Plus he makes sushi for cats?  Whaaaaat?  :blink:

Wow, that guy is freaky good chef!  I never saw that weird glass globe cooking device before.:blink1:  

• Upvote 1

Get another rabbit?  :blink:  Ah, I've got plenty of rabbit poo to deal with already.  The thing is basically a pooping machine!  A mobile pooping machine that cuts wires!!  Two would kill me.   I'm fairly certain about that.  I've got little chew toys, ball play thingies, calcium blocks, ninja chew danglies, but no the thing prefers to punch holes into my leather sofa and cut electrical wiring.  It's crazy!  :eff04a58a6:  Maybe I should give it some time to explore the great, wintery outdoors.  :whistling:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Wow, that guy is freaky good chef!  I never saw that weird glass globe cooking device before.:blink1:  

That guy is pretty good, but there are some master sushi chefs who are very talented.  It's quite an art.  The knives are so sharp!

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1