Aw Man I Hate Youtube.

3 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I don’t know why I love these kind of videos. :popcorn:  I just do.  Must be some kind of ASMRrestoreit kinda effect on me.

It's not just you. Youtube recommended me this video just the other day. Gotta say, YouTube knows me pretty well, 10/10 watch. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Oh gawd :barf:  I played the first few minutes of Alien Isolation using MotherVR to engage the Oculus Rift, and I am super nauseous.  Almost upchucked my chicken wings I ate earlier.  Nope.  Gonna have to be a on the flat screen for this one.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Watched this a few years ago, and today again. Glorious images. The people hanging on this impossible steep mountainside which has barely any protrusions, and you see the entire mountain down to the base glacier... just incredible.

Speaking of vertigo inducing videos...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Watched this a few years ago, and today again. Glorious images. The people hanging on this impossible steep mountainside which has barely any protrusions, and you see the entire mountain down to the base glacier... just incredible.

Speaking of vertigo inducing videos...

If you like this, you should watch the new documentary "Free Solo". We rented it from Amazon Prime a couple of weeks ago. Very engaging film and incredible cinematography. Worth the $6 IMO.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2019 at 3:56 PM, Marty Backe said:

If you like this, you should watch the new documentary "Free Solo". We rented it from Amazon Prime a couple of weeks ago. Very engaging film and incredible cinematography. Worth the $6 IMO.

I licensed this movie (Amazon says I bought it but Amazon's own EUA says I licensed it).

The movie won an Academy or two. 

There's something unholy when someone says, "thumb press, switch thumbs, Kung Fu kick 2000 feet above the ground".

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2019 at 9:56 PM, Marty Backe said:

Damn it! That was on free TV the other night and i almost watched it but chose something else instead.  Now I wish I hadn't :angry:

EDIT

:clap3:Yeah! I just found it on the catch up service (ch4 for any Brits reading) still available for 30 days.  Can't watch now, going to pick up my Lithuanian friend I met while wheeling:cheers: 

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm irritated at YouTube's algorithms, under the assumption that I wish to watch videos that it thinks politically align with me, presumably just to show me ads.

I don't need videos about stuff and viewpoints that I already know about.

Right now, YouTube is trying to mostly give me videos of Conservatives whining about being demonetized. And why man-made global warming is a hoax. In reality I have simply been disliking videos that show me ads about cars, with the end result that only demonetized channels are now shown to me, as those show few to no ads.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:lol:

Ask them to learn to ride EUC😉

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

They already have a self-balancing ostrich-like robot on two wheels.

Yep I have seen that, but still a full walking on that can ride EUC would be something new.  To balance a device that balance itself to some extent. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love Great to see you! So how is the new protective gear working out?

48094778953_0ba3697a28_b.jpg

Are you back is casual business again @Hunka Hunka Burning Love

:thumbup:  Hey hey I was just taking a break from the whole EUC scene since I haven't gotten my riding itch back.  The more I read the forums and watch videos the more I miss it so I've been doing other things pretty much.  Looks like everyone is still having lots of fun riding which is great!  I still haven't found what I'm looking for in terms of arm/shoulder protection, but I was eyeing some CCM heavy duty hockey elbow pads with thicker cushioning.  My theory is that if I can find something to fall on with my arms that helps decelerate the fall, that should help reduce strain on the shoulders allowing me to ride again.

But maybe it's best that I just watch from the peanut gallery for some time though.  It's good to see everyone continuing along with EUC riding!

On 6/19/2019 at 10:52 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:lol:

Em! you do know this is fake don't you.  Watch the robots feet around 58 seconds.  The contact with the box is just not right, a bit floaty.  And the body motions are too human but at the same time fake, if that makes any sense.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2019 at 3:39 PM, Smoother said:

Em! you do know this is fake don't you.  Watch the robots feet around 58 seconds.  The contact with the box is just not right, a bit floaty.  And the body motions are too human but at the same time fake, if that makes any sense.

:lol:  But the thing is it took you 58 seconds to figure that out (more for me until I watched it a couple of times)!  Seriously though they did a crazy good job with the CGI it's getting to the point where if someone took the extra time to make it perfect you would think it's totally real.  :blink:  It's getting there. 

Want the heebies?  Watch this video.  :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:lol:  But the thing is it took you 58 seconds to figure that out (more for me until I watched it a couple of times)!  Seriously though they did a crazy good job with the CGI it's getting to the point where if someone took the extra time to make it perfect you would think it's totally real.  :blink:  It's getting there. 

Why I'm watching this 1am in the morning? :blink1:

I start feeling tiny movements on my bed sheets.. :cry2:

Edited by Kens
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Is it odd that this just makes me hungry?   :popcorn:

• Like 1