Aw Man I Hate Youtube.

Remember when Youtube was ad free?  And then they started making you watch a 10-15 second ad, but you could alway skip the ad in 4 seconds?  And lately some of them you can't skip at all, you have to sit through sometimes a 30 second commercial.  And now those pop-ups at the bottom of the screen that you scramble to hit the little x before they block important parts of the video you're watching.

Is there any way to avoid the ads?  :(

On those long, unskippable ones I usually quit the video and look for something similar:angry:

• Upvote 1

Well I think that's how the Youtubers and Youtube make their money so if I like a video I'll put up with them.  It's an interesting evolution of TV where you have a choice (sometimes) to skip over ads.  For individual people producing content, I think it's not the end of the world to watch or click skip as needed.  Annoying?  You bet!  But I have seen some funny commercials which were worth watching.  Like this one for instance:

There are some extensions like Adblock for Chrome and Adblocker for Firefox that seem to work.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Well I think that's how the Youtubers and Youtube make their money so if I like a video I'll put up with them.  It's an interesting evolution of TV where you have a choice (sometimes) to skip over ads.  For individual people producing content, I think it's not the end of the world to watch or click skip as needed.  Annoying?  You bet!  But I have seen some funny commercials which were worth watching.  Like this one for instance:

There are some extensions like Adblock for Chrome and Adblocker for Firefox that seem to work.

Yeah, that's a good one, I sometimes hear people mention that product on the radio now after being given free samples.  You're right, it's a pretty minor thing, and if I like the video or person who made it, I feel a little obligated to let them make money from it.

And besides, it can be used for a break before the video:popcorn:

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Damn you Hunka... you used my wife again! Not sure where she found that foreign accent though. Actually she does use that product but unfortunately there have been some bombs that require a 'Danger Off Limits' sign posted for days!

• Upvote 2

On 1/7/2017 at 5:26 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Now I just need a Pen Pineapple Apple Pen.  Where can I buy?  Actually someone just kill me now.  I can't get this tune out of my head.

Is that an English teaching song?  

You can't buy one ready made, you get apple, you get pen, shove them together Unnh!  apple pen!:roflmao:

I can't get this tune out of my head.

Neither can I, thanks so much:w00t2:

Those twins kind of creeped me out just a little, looking back and forth at them, the old brain hasn't seen many twins doing something in unison.

Now I just need a Pen Pineapple Apple Pen.  Where can I buy?  Actually someone just kill me now.  I can't get this tune out of my head.

I keep coming back to watch this video, it kind of reminds me of the Gangnam Style video, wonder if it's gone viral yet.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, steve454 said:

Neither can I, thanks so much:w00t2:

Those twins kind of creeped me out just a little, looking back and forth at them, the old brain hasn't seen many twins doing something in unison.

LOL I know right?  :roflmao:That was exactly what I thought about those twins.  Ever watch "The Ring?"   The video has 46 million views already so it's been around for a bit.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 2

On 1/13/2017 at 3:55 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Watch it late at night in dim lighting... Very freaky movie!  

Just ran across his guy on Youtube... So funny!  Check out some of his other videos as well!  The Craiglist ones are crazy!

Pretty funny guy, i watched the craigslist and worst tattoos videos also, he finds some hilarious misspellings and ads.

• 5 months later...
12 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Now I just want to watch women shuffle dance... :dribble:

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2017 at 2:58 PM, esaj said:

I've played around with the idea of building one of these, but this thing is on a danger-level of its own:

;)

Very interesting! He never states what the arc welder needs to be dialed in at but the whole concept is awesome! I never realized that silicone brick was so fragile. Jewelry thieves would love one of these.

• Upvote 2

• 5 weeks later...