According to Segway N America it will be available as an attachment for existing Mini Pro segways.  We'll see...  If it actually did something useful it might be worth having, but as a gimmick, no thanks. 

6 hours ago, TLyleJeep said:

Pretty cool! Can't wait to see how much it will cost.

i can see many uses of it particularily if the allow for remote control of it thru the internet  and ability to program it to do things like security patrols using the camera and other sensors..  I think it will be important to create a charging port that it can just rest on or bump up against, similar to the roomba.. so it can keep charged on its own. 

5 hours ago, Ozpeter said:

According to Segway N America it will be available as an attachment for existing Mini Pro segways.  We'll see...  If it actually did something useful it might be worth having, but as a gimmick, no thanks. 

i think as a gimmick and other ways it can be used will fuel the wide spread adoption of them platform and creation of aftermarket accesories and parts etc.. and Maybe i am not sure what u mean by gimmick.. but take android phones for example.. there are many apps that are created that have different uses.. some for fun.. some for utilitarian use.. but all combined.. they create a bigger market for developers.. which fuels the creation of more apps for androids.. Same can be said for PC computers.. I think it will be important that segway open up the platform for development of apps for the robot.. so people can make stuff for them to do.. and new acessories for them to utilise etc..

and if Segway doesn't.. which i think is highl likely.. other compies. like Google willl.. 

Archived