How to not double-space in this forum including SIGNATURES

John Eucist

Good tip, never noticed that before...

A couple of other tips:

Multi-quoting works by clicking the "+" signs in the posts you want to quote, at least on desktop, a button saying "Quote X post(s)" will appear on the lower right corner. Clicking that the quotes will be separated into a new post (I think they come in the order you clicked them, but not sure...)

Breaking a single quote into many (for commenting different parts of quoted content) works by moving the cursor to the point in the quote where you want to break it, create an empty line by hitting enter once or twice and then hitting enter with the cursor on the (new) empty line, it will break the quote into two, like so:

Use SHIFT-ENTER on desktop for single space otherwise an ENTER will be double-spaced (vertically).  Not sure how it works on mobile though.  <Cursor here and hit enter twice> Let me know if you know.  @Gimlet could use this tip for his signature among others.  :D

​It becomes this, now when cursor is placed on the empty line and enter is hit, the quote breaks in two:

Use SHIFT-ENTER on desktop for single space otherwise an ENTER will be double-spaced (vertically).  Not sure how it works on mobile though. 

<-- Move cursor here and hit enter

Let me know if you know.  @Gimlet could use this tip for his signature among others.  :D

​Like this:

Part 1:

Use SHIFT-ENTER on desktop for single space otherwise an ENTER will be double-spaced (vertically).  Not sure how it works on mobile though. 

Part 2:

Let me know if you know.  @Gimlet could use this tip for his signature among others.  :D

With multiple quotes inside each other, I've sometimes seen it break totally (you get empty quote-boxes or can't remove them or something similar) :rolleyes:  The only way to fix this I've found is to copy paste your text (if you had written any yet) into separate notepad or other text editor and start over...  :P

Good tip, never noticed that before...

A couple of other tips:

Multi-quoting works by clicking the "+" signs in the posts you want to quote, at least on desktop, a button saying "Quote X post(s)" will appear on the lower right corner. Clicking that the quotes will be separated into a new post (I think they come in the order you clicked them, but not sure...)

Breaking a single quote into many (for commenting different parts of quoted content) works by moving the cursor to the point in the quote where you want to break it, create an empty line by hitting enter once or twice and then hitting enter with the cursor on the (new) empty line, it will break the quote into two, like so:

​It becomes this, now when cursor is placed on the empty line and enter is hit, the quote breaks in two:

​Like this:

Part 1:

Part 2:

With multiple quotes inside each other, I've sometimes seen it break totally (you get empty quote-boxes or can't remove them or something similar) :rolleyes:  The only way to fix this I've found is to copy paste your text (if you had written any yet) into separate notepad or other text editor and start over...  :P

​Great tips @esaj .  Maybe when we gather enough forum tips we can make a consolidated sticky.

Archived