KS16 wont turn on

David S

2 hours ago, Mauricio said:

This is the old one

But the new one that you brought is a diferent version or so? Can you post some pictures if is different? Thanks

Edited by Pedro Capitão

21 hours ago, Pedro Capitão said:

But the new one that you brought is a diferent version or so? Can you post some pictures if is different? Thanks

Sorry is already installed, i have no photos, but yes is a little different,  newer version  i think, it has a new  extra connector, (have to left it free cause there is no cable to connect) 

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone, My first post in the forum.

I recently got Kingsong 16S. Everytime I connect Kingsong latest app (downloaded from www.kingsong.com) to the wheel it makes loud sound not sure but seems motor is stopping and starting with jerk within a microsecond, Wheel also jerks during the process. I was forced to upgrade the firmware from 1.02 to 2.01 (I downloaded EUCWorld android app to help with the firmware upgrade).

Post firmware upgrade serial number is erased - on starting the wheel 4 red led lights turn on and there is a beep sound, wheel is locatable by apps via bluetooth but as such wheel is dead. I have written to Kingsong but seems there is lockdown in China due to covid.

I also downloaded Kingsong utility available and tried updating the serial number but it is not working. I appreciate any help in this regard.     

6 minutes ago, DEcongester said:

Hello everyone, My first post in the forum.

Welcome!

I recently got Kingsong 16S. Everytime I connect Kingsong latest app (downloaded from www.kingsong.com) to the wheel it makes loud sound not sure but seems motor is stopping and starting with jerk within a microsecond, Wheel also jerks during the process.

KS App is known be be "special", but this sounds like some serious problem of the wheel?!

I was forced to upgrade the firmware from 1.02 to 2.01 (I downloaded EUCWorld android app to help with the firmware upgrade).

How were you forced to upgrade?

Everyone can ride his wheel with an old firmware version!

Post firmware upgrade serial number is erased

That's bad. Best to get in contact with your reseller. He should have a tool to restore the serial number.

- on starting the wheel 4 red led lights turn on and there is a beep sound,

That is imho an error code which the wheel reports by the red leds. Unfortionately i have no idea which...

wheel is locatable by apps via bluetooth but as such wheel is dead.

One has a bluetooth connection for playing music (which is "locatable" and pairing can be done) and a seperate bluetooth connection for the wheel app.

I have written to Kingsong but seems there is lockdown in China due to covid.

I also downloaded Kingsong utility available and tried updating the serial number but it is not working. I appreciate any help in this regard.     

One needs a "correct" serial number to be set again, or nothing will work, afaik. So you need the right app and a valid serial number from your reseller.

In combination with the ?hardware probs? you had in the beginning (loud sounds, motor going crazy) maby you'd need a new motherboard?

• Like 1

@Chriull @fryman Thanks for the reply. Wheel worked fine for 120KM (except the vibration problem during bluetooth connectivity), actual problem started only when i upgraded the firmware to 2.01 using EUC world app because KS app wasn't able to upgrade. 

My supplier imported the wheel from Aliexpress for the first time. He has no idea on how to reset the serial number.    

There are only 2-3 EUC riders in India that I know about all of them ride primitive wheels like 14b.

I have given up fossil powered vehicle 10 years back and been riding bicycle all throughout - EUC is a big respite for my country that is highly polluted and congested, hope I will get your support to get more people use the wheel.

2 hours ago, DEcongester said:

@Chriull @fryman Thanks for the reply. Wheel worked fine for 120KM (except the vibration problem during bluetooth connectivity), actual problem started only when i upgraded the firmware to 2.01 using EUC world app because KS app wasn't able to upgrade. 

My supplier imported the wheel from Aliexpress for the first time. He has no idea on how to reset the serial number.    

There are only 2-3 EUC riders in India that I know about all of them ride primitive wheels like 14b.

I have given up fossil powered vehicle 10 years back and been riding bicycle all throughout - EUC is a big respite for my country that is highly polluted and congested, hope I will get your support to get more people use the wheel.

I've checked EUC World firmware update log and found records regarding your wheel. And it seems that your wheel was tampered with - intentionally or unintentionally. Specificaly, your serial number starts with KS16C and that means that your wheel isn't KS-16S but it's KS-16C model. Someone installed KS-16S firmware into it (it is possible with KS service app). This explains strange behaviour of your wheel ("motor is stopping and starting with jerk within a microsecond") and this also explains why new firmware reports wrong serial number.

If you have KS service app you should update your wheel by manually selecting KS-16C firmware (1.28 should be the newest available). I hope this should resolve your problem and make your wheel working again. And again - you have KS-16C.

• Like 2

@Seba problem is resolved and my wheel is out of coma, thanks for all the help. I used soft tuner app to set the serial number and installed firmware 1.9. for some reasons 2.01 is clearing the vehicle serial number and there is very loud jerk in the vehicle when bluetooth connects. I will not be updating to 2.01 anytime sooner. 

With firmware 1.09 jerk on bluetooth connectivity is negligible.

Ride of 16S is much planted compared to 14D and mSuperX however 30KMPH on 16S feels more faster than any of my other wheels- am I the only one?  

42 minutes ago, DEcongester said:

@Seba problem is resolved and my wheel is out of coma, thanks for all the help. I used soft tuner app to set the serial number and installed firmware 1.9. for some reasons 2.01 is clearing the vehicle serial number and there is very loud jerk in the vehicle when bluetooth connects. I will not be updating to 2.01 anytime sooner. 

With firmware 1.09 jerk on bluetooth connectivity is negligible.

Ride of 16S is much planted compared to 14D and mSuperX however 30KMPH on 16S feels more faster than any of my other wheels- am I the only one?  

On 3/19/2020 at 2:53 PM, Seba said:

your wheel isn't KS-16S but it's KS-16C model

???

@DEcongester - you still run your wheel with 16S firmware?

Or your serial numbers were fully messed up?

4 hours ago, Chriull said:

???

@DEcongester - you still run your wheel with 16S firmware?

Or your serial numbers were fully messed up?

@Chriull I opened up the EUC shell to ensure that I have KS16S, I found motor to be of 1200W and then went ahead with firmware update of my 16S to V1.9. I used soft tuner app to Punch the new serial number and loud vibration issue is resolved now. @Seba was correct that issue was with wrong firmware may be by mistake 16C firmware was installed in 16S.

I rode 60KM today in cross wind to test if upgrade was successful, surprisingly I still have 30+% juice left. (I have 840WH battery pack)

With my MSX-1600WH I never surpassed 90KM barrier.  

• 8 months later...
On 3/24/2020 at 9:37 PM, DEcongester said:

@Chriull I opened up the EUC shell to ensure that I have KS16S, I found motor to be of 1200W and then went ahead with firmware update of my 16S to V1.9. I used soft tuner app to Punch the new serial number and loud vibration issue is resolved now. @Seba was correct that issue was with wrong firmware may be by mistake 16C firmware was installed in 16S.

I rode 60KM today in cross wind to test if upgrade was successful, surprisingly I still have 30+% juice left. (I have 840WH battery pack)

With my MSX-1600WH I never surpassed 90KM barrier.  

@DEcongester Can you DM me if possible? I am not able to send a message on this platform. I am from Guntur, AP and own a KS 14D. Would like to interact with you regarding the EUCs available in Hyderabad. Please reply your email or instagram id and we can connect :)

• Like 1