Question about power

Ninebot oneE+ you can charge it either on or off.  If it is on you can watch the green charge indicator lights slowly go up two by two till fully charged.  I've never tried turning it on or off while charging however.  

39 minutes ago, pArmitage said:

Do the wheels turn themselves off when plugged into a charger? Or do they stay on unless you turn them off? I'm experimenting with a solar charge system, and I'm curious.

It differs from wheel to wheel. Some turns off, some don't. Some might when standing some when lying on side etc.

9 minutes ago, pArmitage said:

I suppose I meant do the Gotway series wheels do so.

Yes I gathered as much as you've posted that in GW forums though even the different wheel models from the same manufacturer / brand might behave differently. Just test it and see ;) 

13 hours ago, pArmitage said:

Do the wheels turn themselves off when plugged into a charger? Or do they stay on unless you turn them off? I'm experimenting with a solar charge system, and I'm curious.

Take it you worried it will turn itself off with you on it? 

There is no good reason it should do so. Any charging is input through the charging socket and must not exceed the maximum voltage of the batteries, I.e. 67.2V for 16 cells. To the best of my knowledge there is no signal between BMS and mainboard on Gotways and absolutely no reason for the BMS to disable its own output while charging (or it would probably do it on regen braking as well.

I very much doubt a solar cell big enough to make any meaningful difference (and generate high enough voltage ) could be used whilst riding the wheel? Of Questionable value if portable even if using it to charge when not in use?

• 2 weeks later...

Also you should be aware that the charge port of the Gotway's are bi-directional. Meaning electricity flows both ways.  So if your solar panel doesn't have a protector on it and if the voltage of the battery is higher than the solar panel you might end up frying your solar panel when connecting to it.

Archived