Gotway 18 inch Msuper (GW18) Review (2014-12-31)

John Eucist

My buddy bought this china, and sent to me.

He must be busy get all the wheels!

I think the signature is a good place to inform others what wheel we have, but in your case I am not sure is there enough room for it!

I am looking forward to your review of comparing all the wheels.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:D  Guy really has been a rush.
He tested all the products before sending.
In addition, became the new shells for my Firewheel. And much more peripheral stuff.
Solowheel Orbit was the second delivery .. But it available It may take a long time.

These all new, I fell in love with the most Gotway 18 ".  :wub:

An hour later my friend comes android phone and we lay down on my Gotway.

Do you think that, there is reason to suspect that the vendor who sold us the wrong version?
I started to doubt it at the moment when I drove 20 km / h and it started beeping.
My friend has not done anything wrong here, because I too also difficult to be sure.
But the seller should have known, because it is precisely speed version was ordered.

If you read the first post in this thread vee73 you will see that the first warning is set to come in at 23kph and the second at 25kph according to the android app but that it is 3kph inflated so 20 kph for the first warning is right. I think that's the same for all three models which does seem a little silly. :)

Do you think that, there is reason to suspect that the vendor who sold us the wrong version?
I started to doubt it at the moment when I drove 20 km / h and it started beeping.
My friend has not done anything wrong here, because I too also difficult to be sure.
But the seller should have known, because it is precisely speed version was ordered.

The problem is, nobody seems to know what happen (sound or pedal movement or nothing)  if the max. speed is reached!

I personally stop acceleration as soon I have the 3 beeps with the GW14 and GW18  (what is comming fast and easy with the GW18).

According to Austin review of the GW14 is nothing comming, so better be carefull or you can seriously get hurt!

Remember:

I just asked Jane Mo to clarify the warning beeps and this was her answer:

Hi Bryan,

Only three beeps.23 25 28,and we can customize for you,such as 30 32 35

Best regards

Jane

So it seems that they can be customised by the factory which is very interesting. The standard warnings seem like they are about right for the high torque version I have on order with its top speed of 28kph.

I've just asked for mine to be set at 25, 27 & 30.

Jane said they've done that for several customers and that it can be a bit noisy otherwise.

I did the calibration, and madden mode on.
Now the ring is quite different. Pedals behaves firmly, and their position does not change. Braking and acceleration is faster to react. Awesome.

But now do, then it is true that the fast model as one could get. But maintains a separate factory to do. Oh, no.
Can you give me contact Jane Mod?
It is perhaps enough that they send Modded circuit boards, or I will send them my own.
This went on to be difficult.

Fortunately, I pushed harder. Otherwise would have occurred.

I just asked Jane Mo to clarify the warning beeps and this was her answer:

Hi  Bryan,

Only three beeps.23 25 28,and we can customize for you,such as  30 32 35

Best regards

Jane

So it seems that they can be customised by the factory which is very interesting. The standard warnings seem like they are about right for the high torque version I have on order with its top speed of 28kph.

OMG, how they customize it for you with 30,32,35 if your wheel runs only 28? :rolleyes:

Tom that was only an example. Not specific for me. Mine is going to be set to 25, 27 & 30.

I reckon that if 28 is the Gotway app top speed then I will have to take more notice of 2 beeps but if 28 is the gps top speed then I will still have 1 kph to go on 3 beeps.

Vee73, jane.ebicycle@gmail.com is the contact I am using.

Tom that was only an example. Not specific for me. Mine is going to be set to 25, 27 & 30.

I reckon that if 28 is the Gotway app top speed then I will have to take more notice of 2 beeps but if 28 is the gps top speed then I will still have 1 kph to go on 3 beeps.

You can not go to 3 beeps or you will crash!

You have 1kph left after the two beeps!

I would not change it for yours!

.23 25 28 looks perfect to me!

The GW18 is so quick....you going easy from 0 beep to 3 beep in nothing!

But of corse it is up to you.

I like peace and quiet so I expect to keep it below 1 beep most of the time so 25kph seems about right to me and it is what Jane recommended.

Don't know why they set them so low in the first place.

I do not have to start selling.
I just want the best, and really fast ring which I can run "moto" motocross, motorcycles with.
Also enduro interested :)
Gotway it seems to be good, because so stable. But now too slow.
Rockway also fast but not so stable.
I think that is best suited for skateboard ramps, which also have to try :)

3 beeps is only the "second stage" alarm.  There is a third stage alarm that is 4 beeps (constant beep beep beep beep beep without pause) which Austin Marhold (and many others who are brave) rides constantly at the whole time on both GW14 and GW18.  I usually pull back to 3 beeps when I hear 4 beeps and maintain 3 beeps on the GW14.

I just copied and pasted what Jane emailed to me arbee.

I thought it was 4 beeps as well to be honest but that's not what she's telling me.

There are three stage of  beeps.23 25 28 (for the speed)

First stage is 2 beeps and so on.

vee73: The GW18 is not to slow, the problem is, you do not know the point where you have to stop accelerating!

There are three stage of  beeps.23 25 28 (for the speed)

First stage is 2 beeps and so on.

vee73: The GW18 is not to slow, the problem is, you do not know the point where you have to stop accelerating!

:)  I hope so.

Okay.
I talked with Jane.
He was very friendly and helpful.
Jane told me that my ring is indeed the speed version.
And that the beep is the same as in the other.
It is possible to buy the parts to beep can be modified, and the switch itself. The price is 1500CNY.

I did not buy. Consider that I put the speaker ON OFF switch. To Install the bicycle meter.
And maybe the wireless meter, in which case I put the screen even if the wrist. That I can easily keep track of the speed in rough terrain at high speed.
Or I'll put the helmet display.

Then, when the meter is installed. I put onto one of the tire, so that the rubber is in the air. Then I can adjust the speed of small movements and reviewed at shutdown switches on.
This hopefully will make sure accurately the maximum speed.

It does seem strange to have the warning beeps set to the same speeds in all three models, especially as it seems that it's not difficult for them to adjust the speeds at the factory.

Glad to hear you got on well with Jane, she seems very helpful every time I contact her.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived