Gotway 18 inch Msuper (GW18) Review (2014-12-31)

John Eucist

As a general rule in todays retail environment most items get huge amounts of mark up on the wholesale price, average in retail is about 50% added although for some weird reason retailers would call 50% added to purchase price a "Mark up" of 33%, I suppose it doesn't make them look quite so greedy!

So if someone thinks that they can sell a larger number of anything by cutting their margin and selling at just a little over their cost price they are able to discount a huge amount.

There is nearly always room for significant discount on advertised retail prices.

Sure you are right...if not like:

If you see a Tesla model S new for even cheaper then Tesla sell the car, something must be wrong or it must have a clear reason for that.

I see no reason that a "dealer" in france sell a GotWay cheaper then I can buy it.

Arround 7000 RMB for a GW 18 (with a 10% discount) is:

Euro 982.-

Shipping is Euro 200 (almost 20 Kilo)

20% Tax is Euro 236.-

Euro 1418.-

So if I see the GW18 for a Euro 1000.- in Europe exclusivly the onlyest store I know in Europe.....something must be ...

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

PayPal refunded €1000 at 05.00 this morning. So that was a lot simpler than I expected.

I have also reported the Gotway.fr Web site to the police via the "action on fraud" Web site. Not sure how much they can do but as it's based in Europe they should be able to get the site investigated or possibly taken down.

puh, that thing is heavy! Some foam and anti slip installed and still charging...did just a 30 meter ride...have to get use to it, it is big and not so easy handling during slow driving is my first feeling.

post-109-0-61723700-1426165849_thumb.jpg

@^tom^: I am looking forward to your thoughts on the wheel. I am planning to get one - I ride long distances, mostly in bicycle lanes, and am currently on the fence between the 14 inch and the 18 inch version. I currently ride 16 inch wheels (Rockwheel GR16 is my favourite but sadly on its way out)

Hello. I now have a Speed Gotway 18 ". But one thing I do is not clear, even though I tried to find the answer. Can someone tell me :)
How do I know when at maximum speed?
I measured my GPS that 20 km / h, the tire will beep rapidly .. two short pause, and again two short.
Pi pi     pi pi      pi pi ..
After that I did not dare to increase the speed.
I would first like to know for sure that it is safe :)

Thanks

I already asked it, but still no answer:

With 3 beeps in a row you at arround 25kph, faster I did not drive.

When did you order your GW18? Because usually you only get the middle typ normaly.

From what I've read I believe that 4 beeps which is virtually constant annoying beeping is the last warning you get before failure.

I suppose you either approach it very cautiously and be very careful not to push any further or you use the toe tapping technique that Austin uses so that you are pulling back so quickly that even a failure doesn't have time to take effect.

Ok
I have a feeling that once I got it to beep three times. But I was not sure. Speed does not seem to be much larger than the two beeps.
Somehow I have a feeling that, up to 40km / h is almost impossible to achieve. Also, a beep is continuous, so driving fast has been annoying. If you mute the sound, can not know when we are close to shutting down.

Somehow I do not understand why do dangerous sudden shutdown. Why does the tire does not simply raise the speed ??? Also, a powerful pedal lift would prevent the increase of speed.
In this case, all manufacturers would be the development of the target.

My Gotway also move the pedals while driving, so I have to try the calibration of which were video.
Apparently, the sensitivity can be adjusted. I have to try to put Madden mode.
Obviously, this is only for Android phone?

My Gotway also move the pedals while driving, so I have to try the calibration of which were video.
Apparently, the sensitivity can be adjusted. I have to try to put Madden mode.
Obviously, this is only for Android phone?

The pedal tilt backward if the battery is getting below 5% of capacity.
Android is the most used OS in the world!
How do you know you have a highspeed version?

On top of the first number (all the way to the right) I have the leters MS written on the carton.

MS is for "middle speed" I think.

But take it easy. With your 850wh version you can drive to China in person, ask them, charge up and drive back! haha

Have fun; It is a wounderfull wheel.

Archived