Gotway 18 inch Msuper (GW18) Review (2014-12-31)

John Eucist

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to ask about the availability of him that China will acquire these for me, and forwards information about the changes that I want. If he can acquire these increases. Elsewhere this model can not.
This model can be costly more than usual.
Almost 90 degrees.
It is also a bit more speed, and torque.

• 2 months later...

Hello members where can l get a "competition eucwith max speed max climbing no beeping "no motor suddenly stopped"

international spec with setting?????gotway or kingsong or Rockwheel????

Such does not seem yet to be. All beeps.
But beep is easy to take off.
It may well be that, all is also turned off at some point.
But even this is not a problem with the gotway, if you are using esaj by the app.

Gotway V Speed model does not shut down unexpectedly, but the pedal tilts forward smoothly.
In principle, the alarms do not even need.

Uphill also works very logically.
I do not quite understand what you meant.
Torque does not of course not a maximum, particularly the very low speed. If the place starts to accelerate dramatically, it can not. But if the speed is even slightly, the torque is in my opinion very well.
I weigh 65 kg without clothes. All driving equipment wearing my weight is 85 kg.
However, I do not know how the other drivers are experiencing this model of behavior, but I am coming along very well with it.

I have plans to make Veemula1 the prototype of which is at least five times the power, and the speed of double or triple.
Then I try to manufactured it somewhere.
Since then, no longer need to look for it in the best torque and maximum speed :D
Tiltback is not required :D

Torque it would be so much that it does not ever running out.
Doing this is possible, someone has to do it.

On 1/25/2016 at 1:35 AM, EUC Extreme said:

Uphill also works very logically.
I do not quite understand what you meant.
Torque does not of course not a maximum, particularly the very low speed. If the place starts to accelerate dramatically, it can not. But if the speed is even slightly, the torque is in my opinion very well.
I weigh 65 kg without clothes. All driving equipment wearing my weight is 85 kg.
However, I do not know how the other drivers are experiencing this model of behavior, but I am coming along very well with it.

I have plans to make Veemula1 the prototype of which is at least five times the power, and the speed of double or triple.
Then I try to manufactured it somewhere.
Since then, no longer need to look for it in the best torque and maximum speed :D
Tiltback is not required :D

Torque it would be so much that it does not ever running out.
Doing this is possible, someone has to do it.

I'll take one :)

@EUC Extreme amazing to hear about your V model. i've always been wondering if top speed cut off is a technical limitation of the control board, or a "safety" feature... if I understand correctly, they were able to make a version for you that doesn't cut-off, but stays at top speed once reached, which proves it's just a "safety" feature on other wheels. you experience it of course as the pedals falling forward, because the wheel can't accelerate anymore and balance it out, but you don't crash. of course, a less experienced rider would be doomed to sooner or later set such a wheel spinning free out of control at full speed and wreck real havoc, so probably cut offs are a lesser evil... but a different safety mechanism, eg sensors on/next to pedals dectecting if your feet are on the wheel could be used instead of top speed cut off on normal wheels and eliminate face plants almost entirely!

If so fast accelerating, may crash unexpectedly. But if even a little bit used to sense acceleration, pedalien loosening notice.
Dropping the battery charge forward tilt occurs more easily.
I think that the torque is wide enough to use, if it has, I am able to drive everything in what is now the time. But of course it is not enough in my opinion :)
It is perhaps enough then when the torque is five times more :P

I was told a while ago that, V Speed model and other Gotway can already be ordered electric-scooter-shop.com
While websites are not yet open. But by sending an email to the home page address, it will be arranged.
Prices still without checking, but it seems to be arranged soon.
info@electric-scooter-shop.com

V model is the only one in which the EU can play a full run, for example, skate ramps. No need to worry about unexpected exhaustion due to excessive inclination angle.
Can run completely without worry ramps so hard when you dare :)
I do not have any time, got it to shut down due to an excessive tilt angle.
Still, the device switches off as soon as it is necessary if it crashes.

25 minutes ago, EUC Extreme said:

Me too :)
I do not know when it is possible. But sometimes.
I still have a little trouble finding a suitable printed circuit board element. It should take a terrible currents.

Maybe you need to split Control unit and motor driver to size it in a way you need them. Easier to get a solution in such a way.

• 3 months later...
On 2015-03-14 at 0:40 PM, EUC Extreme said:
Hello. I now have a Speed Gotway 18 ". But one thing I do is not clear, even though I tried to find the answer. Can someone tell me :)
How do I know when at maximum speed?
I measured my GPS that 20 km / h, the tire will beep rapidly .. two short pause, and again two short.
Pi pi     pi pi      pi pi ..
After that I did not dare to increase the speed.
I would first like to know for sure that it is safe :)

Thanks

I recently saw a video of a guy speed testing his GotWay MSuper 18 and when he went past a certain speed (I'm guessing 23 km/hr) the wheel would do 2 quick beeps, like you heard - pi pi   then a slightly longer pause then 2 quick beeps - and so on if he maintained that speed. But then when he went even faster there was 3 quick beeps in succession, and it would continually beep 3 quick beeps until he slowed down to 2 quick beeps then even slower until there was no beeps. He didn't show a speedometer in his video but he was going pretty fast when it was beeping 3 quick beeps - not sure what would happen if he went even faster than that - I was hoping he would max out but he didn't. The beeps don't stop if you're going fast - his video was 10 min long and it beeped for about 9 minutes of the vid - pretty annoying but you get used to it after a while, and it keeps you aware of how fast you're going, and warns people and pets you pass to get out of the way!

26 minutes ago, Nuo Meng said:

I recently saw a video of a guy speed testing his GotWay MSuper 18 and when he went past a certain speed (I'm guessing 23 km/hr) the wheel would do 2 quick beeps, like you heard - pi pi   then a slightly longer pause then 2 quick beeps - and so on if he maintained that speed. But then when he went even faster there was 3 quick beeps in succession, and it would continually beep 3 quick beeps until he slowed down to 2 quick beeps then even slower until there was no beeps. He didn't show a speedometer in his video but he was going pretty fast when it was beeping 3 quick beeps - not sure what would happen if he went even faster than that - I was hoping he would max out but he didn't. The beeps don't stop if you're going fast - his video was 10 min long and it beeped for about 9 minutes of the vid - pretty annoying but you get used to it after a while, and it keeps you aware of how fast you're going, and warns people and pets you pass to get out of the way!

The next stage is 4 beeps with no gap so more like continuous beeping followed by unpredictable and sudden failure. 

You can turn off the first and second warnings via the app which does give you a more peaceful ride.

3 hours ago, Gimlet said:

The next stage is 4 beeps with no gap so more like continuous beeping followed by unpredictable and sudden failure. 

You can turn off the first and second warnings via the app which does give you a more peaceful ride.

After 4 beeps comes TILT-BACK. If you do not decrease speed, then it will stop.

Take care, if you drive your MSuper in minus direction (speedometer with minus sign) after 4 beeps comes TILT-FORWARD !!!

Explained below.

1 hour ago, ESBU said:

After 4 beeps comes TILT-BACK. If you do not decrease speed, then it will stop.

Take care, if you drive your MSuper in minus direction (speedometer with minus sign) after 4 beeps comes TILT-FORWARD !!!

Are you sure? Did Gotway add tilt-back to MSuper? At least from what I've heard, MSuper 2's just suddenly stop driving the motor after you hit max speed (no tilt-back).

18 minutes ago, esaj said:

Are you sure? Did Gotway add tilt-back to MSuper? At least from what I've heard, MSuper 2's just suddenly stop driving the motor after you hit max speed (no tilt-back).

I was visited asphalt ring for inline skaters a month ago. Sport Inliners trained there and was so quick. I tried to show them ,how quick I am on EU, but they was quicker than 34km/h.

I ignored  4 beeps and after a second MSuper become slack and tilt forward. At this moment I thought it is my death, because I took MSuper only "around the house"      without any protective wear and helmet. After a half second when I did not  falled forward (stayed only tilted forward )  then I slowed down went home and stayed quiet for rest of the day. I was so close to cutoff on asphalt and without any protection.

It was my deepest experience with EU and now I take more care about beeps :)

This is while driving in minus direction.

I think I can say, MSuper has tilt-back function.

11 minutes ago, ESBU said:

I was visited asphalt ring for inline skaters a month ago. Sport Inliners trained there and was so quick. I tried to show them ,how quick I am on EU, but they was quicker than 34km/h.

I ignored  4 beeps and after a second MSuper become slack and tilt forward. At this moment I thought it is my death, because I took MSuper only "around the house"      without any protective wear and helmet. After a half second when I did not  falled forward (stayed only tilted forward )  then I slowed down went home and stayed quiet for rest of the day. I was so close to cutoff on asphalt and without any protection.

It was my deepest experience with EU and now I take more care about beeps :)

This is while driving in minus direction.

I think I can say, MSuper has tilt-back function.

After reading this I don't think ESBU means "tilt-back" as in the protection mechanism.  If I understand correctly he means it was at the limit and so any attempted acceleration caused the whole unit to tilt forward as the unit could not accelerate anymore.

1 minute ago, John Eucist said:

After reading this I don't think ESBU means "tilt-back" as in the protection mechanism.  If I understand correctly he means it was at the limit and so any attempted acceleration caused the whole unit to tilt forward as the unit could not accelerate anymore.

Interesting.

My idea is - when it was not cutoff, it must be tilt-back. In this case tilt-forward.

Upon further reading of the thread history I think I understand what you are saying.  You think that the "tilt-forward" was actually the "tilt-back" protection mechanism but due to riding in the "wrong direction".  Any properly designed euc tilt-back function will tilt backwards properly (never tilt-forward unless a bug) regardless of which direction you are traveling (ie. negative speed on the app).  I think what you experienced is that simply that the wheel could no longer accelerate when you lean forward.  That is why you experienced "tilt-forward".  You are very lucky the motor didn't cut and you were able to slow down.

John,  tilt-back is not depends on wheel direction ?

If not, what you wrote, it makes sense. Thanks for it.

And about tilt-forward - I am lucky guy and the day I found it - I stayed quiet the rest of the day. I can´t say anythink and only enjoing I am still alive.

9 minutes ago, ESBU said:

John,  tilt-back is not depends on wheel direction ?

No but there have been software bugs in the past where it did but they have been fixed as soon as it was discovered due to how dangerous that would be.

I can say with absolute certainty that the HS version of the Gotway MSuper tilts forward just before it cuts off. I have had quite a few cutouts & it always slumps just before.

Only a couple of times have I managed to slow down before cutout but not very many so you are lucky. All of mine have been on roads/pavements without any safety equipment & I can testify that they are painful.

My most recent was last week & involved me skidding on my head approximately 5 - 10 metres. Luckily I had grown my hair long & had my hood up so ended up with no bloody injuries. My head has been swollen on one side though.

1462819380864-2140870928.jpg

Archived