Interesting New Inventions

I have a pulse jet of the same size as he has on the bike. I have got it to run on propane but need to make a fuel system to use petrol or liquid propane to get the most thrust out of it. Temped to try fitting it to a gokart. 

• 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

You have taken my idea for making the ninebot safer.  This is what I wish for.  With your photoshopping skill, you could put the ninebot in front, somehow copyright or patent it, send it around, and get someone to make and sell it.  You would make some money, and I would get a small share.:cheers:  TM2017 Steve454.

39 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

When you can't decide what you want to ride... :confused1:  get a Sbyke!

Can you imagine a bunch of investors sitting around a conference table trying to come up with the perfect name for this contraption. "I got it!!! Let's call it a Sbyke!" Hilarious!:P

6 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Can you imagine a bunch of investors sitting around a conference table trying to come up with the perfect name for this contraption. "I got it!!! Let's call it a Sbyke!" Hilarious!:P

Sbyke?  I just don't get it.:huh:  Shouldn't it be called a Scoobike?:unsure:

• 2 months later...

Here's an interesting old invention:

KU4HZHO.jpg

HZ-1 Aerocycle

In 1954 the U.S Army decided that walking into battle is for poor commie suckers, and that U.S infantryman should have the privilege of flying into the frontline, thus traversing minefields, rivers etc with ease. The HZ-1 Aerocycle was the horrifying response to this bizarre request from the Army. This combination of a helicopter and a pogo-stick guaranteed amputation when one realizes the pilot stood about three inches above the totally exposed rotor blades. Engine control was provided through a motorbike-style handgrip, and movement was controlled by the pilot’s leaning movement. Imagine trying to control a helicopter like a Segway, but without any digital stabilization or fly-by-wire systems, because it’s the 1950s. The U.S Army Transportation Museum stated, “it’s determined that the craft was much more difficult to fly than had been expected.” Well, no shit. In addition, the two rotors would smash into each other at high speeds, rendering the HZ-1 useless even in the hands of highly trained pilots. The program was cancelled in 1957. Morons responsible for coming up with this idea of a lethal hoverboard were given slaps to the face.

From "A few of the shittiest aircraft designs throughout history" :  https://imgur.com/gallery/KKHtD

Hey check out this teenie weenie itsy bitsy skateboard/drift board.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Daibot-2017-New-Super-Mini-Board-350W-Motor-Electric-Drift-Board-LG-battery-Electric-Skateboard-Scooter/32798586495.html

HTB1ZcpdQXXXXXX3aXXXq6xXFXXXq.jpg

Non-electric ones:

65KPH Scooter :blink: 120 km range but $3472 USD on sale down from $4693.  Geez why not just buy like an used car?  Who buys these things???

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dualtron-II-2-LTD-Two-Wheels-10-inch-Folding-Electric-Scooters-Skateboard-60V-28AH-1600W-65km/32830575683.html

On 9/20/2017 at 2:19 PM, esaj said:

Here's an interesting old invention:

KU4HZHO.jpg

HZ-1 Aerocycle

In 1954 the U.S Army decided that walking into battle is for poor commie suckers, and that U.S infantryman should have the privilege of flying into the frontline, thus traversing minefields, rivers etc with ease. The HZ-1 Aerocycle was the horrifying response to this bizarre request from the Army. This combination of a helicopter and a pogo-stick guaranteed amputation when one realizes the pilot stood about three inches above the totally exposed rotor blades. Engine control was provided through a motorbike-style handgrip, and movement was controlled by the pilot’s leaning movement. Imagine trying to control a helicopter like a Segway, but without any digital stabilization or fly-by-wire systems, because it’s the 1950s. The U.S Army Transportation Museum stated, “it’s determined that the craft was much more difficult to fly than had been expected.” Well, no shit. In addition, the two rotors would smash into each other at high speeds, rendering the HZ-1 useless even in the hands of highly trained pilots. The program was cancelled in 1957. Morons responsible for coming up with this idea of a lethal hoverboard were given slaps to the face.

From "A few of the shittiest aircraft designs throughout history" :  https://imgur.com/gallery/KKHtD

I still remember the 1984 Olympics in LA when the guy flew the torch into the stadium with his jet pack! 

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2017 at 7:19 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

On 7/19/2017 at 7:49 PM, steve454 said:

You have taken my idea for making the ninebot safer.  This is what I wish for.  With your photoshopping skill, you could put the ninebot in front, somehow copyright or patent it, send it around, and get someone to make and sell it.  You would make some money, and I would get a small share.:cheers:  TM2017 Steve454.

Hybrids never work out. (Unless you count the OneWheel.) ?

SnikkyBike-angle_1024x1024.jpg.b87a1c84f15e0ae789a238159c593276.jpg

This wheel/half-bike tried and failed.... It's the 'Snikky' Bike from 2 years ago. (Nobody backed their Kickstarter. :facepalm:)

Oddly, the bizarro hybrid scooter-skateboard-wheel thingy below made a better go-of-it.

gauswheel_spirit_thumbnail.jpg.77941374dc6bd1bf9f717c5d96e72b74.jpg

Probably best know as Gauswheel, not too safe looking but I think they sold a few... :efefd8a002:

Archived