Selfie drone for EUC

Pingouin

Hi there,

I wondered, have you ever tried to take selfie photos or videos while riding a EUC ? Have you ever thought of a selfie drone to do so ?

There are a few of those out there now, and the become more and more popular for sports like snowboarding, downhill etc

OH WOW...THAT IS SO AWESOME!! 

Follow up: I see UC Berkley Robotics Lab is involved. Should be a great product with their engineering experience! No release date. Price $499 if you preorder.

OOPS...now it is $999 and won't be delivered until winter. I am not a skier, don't ice skate or toboggan, so spending $999 to record me shoveling snow is senseless. 

The issue with most actuel selfie drones, is that they can't avoid obstacles, but the new ones coming out have sensors for these situations.

I have one, never used it while riding EUC, but I plan to, I'm actually testing it with my bicycle, it works fine, however you need a flat ground with few obstacles and without going over 20kph otherwise the video is rubbish ^^

@Keith What a bummer! My 4 letters words would have flowed out of my mouth much more than yours did.  Wow  LI batteries are intense when they catch fire. Good thing the car passed by just before the accident! If the driver would have had just 2 more gulps of coffee your video would have made international news:huh:

29 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

@Keith What a bummer! My 4 letters words would have flowed out of my mouth much more than yours did.  Wow  LI batteries are intense when they catch fire. Good thing the car passed by just before the accident! If the driver would have had just 2 more gulps of coffee your video would have made international news:huh:

@Rehab1, I had better point out its not my video, just one I found.

As a British Model Flying Association Instructor, I would never fly in such a built up area, or over concrete and absolutely not with a bit of string tied to the model. I personally think the likelihood of a single motor failure (which I think happened here) is too high to fly large quads anywhere near where people or something expensive or might get hurt. They need a minimum of 6 motors to continue flying if one fails.

That's why I love small quadcopters, that's what I intend to use, of course in a non busy area, anyways it's impossible to use a basic "selfie drone" if there is any form of obstacle, what I mean by selfie drone is a drone that follows you without any need for you to pilot.

I am also a member of the french FFAM, the equivalant to the BMFA. But like EUC, RC models evolve, and soon everybody will have their own ^^

When I started drones, there was no GPS, just a basic gyroscopical stabilization, with everything to program on your computer.

11 minutes ago, Keith said:

As a British Model Flying Association Instructor, I would never fly in such a built up area, or over concrete and absolutely not with a bit of string tied to the model. I personally think the likelihood of a single motor failure (which I think happened here) is too high to fly large quads anywhere near where people or something expensive or might get hurt

Not mentioning the strong gusts of wind - absolute idiocy what they have done ...

Archived